Sponsored

Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now!

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wasn't going to say anything, but other posts have suggested it too so I'll chime in and add credence to their claims. Mine only came with 1 set of brackets too. Luckily they worked on the 2D (albeit with some amount of seat belt force/wiggling on the driver's side).

After installation, when it was mentioned that they were packaged with 2 sets, I went back through the packaging and install parts wondering if I missed something. I didn't find another set tucked away anywhere else. But it works and they're installed, so no harm-no foul in my book.
Sponsored

jdamach1

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Fairlane, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered mine for my 2-door and should be delivered Tuesday. Hopefully both sets of brackets will be included.

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dumb question on the speaker pod 2 wires one white, one brown which is positive?

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question on the speaker pod 2 wires one white, one brown which is positive?
The white wire on the Mabett adapters is on the opposite pin as the white wire on the Hoel adapters (which Hoel labels as positive), so that confused me too.
I wired white as negative on Mabett adapters to be consistent with the pinout from the Hoel adapters. Then those wires align with what the wiring diagram shows as negative (yellow for RH, white for LH)--see link.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...iagram-for-b-o-sound-system.28611/post-976428

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The white wire on the Mabett adapters is on the opposite pin as the white wire on the Hoel adapters (which Hoel labels as positive), so that confused me too.
I wired white as negative on Mabett adapters to be consistent with the pinout from the Hoel adapters. Then those wires align with what the wiring diagram shows as negative (yellow for RH, white for LH)--see link.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...iagram-for-b-o-sound-system.28611/post-976428
I didn’t really understand? The drivers side rear is brown and white. The passengers side rear is purple and yellow. Still not sure which is positive. And i find that no matter which way i wire them they sound like 6.5 tweeters instead of 4” tweeters. Not sure if it an improvement? No mid range improvement or increased bass. For $300 total with cost of speakers i may pass next time.

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t really understand? The drivers side rear is brown and white. The passengers side rear is purple and yellow. Still not sure which is positive.
The diagrams in the links show a little + and a little - on the far left. Driver side brown and passenger side pink are positive.

Sorry if my earlier reply was confusing. I just meant that I made sure the supplied Mabett adapters' wiring alined with the polarity from that linked wire diagram... So on the passenger side, when you plug in the adapter, the brown wire aligns with the pink wire from wiring harness--so I wired that to positive speaker terminal. The white wire from the adapter lined up to the yellow wire from the harness, so that one went to negative. It may not even matter.

And i find that no matter which way i wire them they sound like 6.5 tweeters instead of 4” tweeters. Not sure if it an improvement? No mid range improvement or increased bass. For $300 total with cost of speakers i may pass next time.
I tend to agree. I have a B&O, which apparently is supposed to get full range to the pods. But sound improvement was like going from an old Sony Walkman to a... slightly nicer Walkman.

jdamach1

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Fairlane, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jason, I received the rear speaker pods today and there were only (2) brackets included. Will these work on my 2-door?

56C8D097-FD0B-4CF9-869C-4B828FC93430.jpeg

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jason, I received the rear speaker pods today and there were only (2) brackets included. Will these work on my 2-door?

56C8D097-FD0B-4CF9-869C-4B828FC93430.jpeg
Mine were delivered today as well - only the two brackets like yours. I would like to see a pic of the two different sets of brackets to see the differences... Maybe someone who has a 4 door and has a pair of brackets left over.

@Mabett can you clarify which brackets work for the 2 door? You stated earlier that both sets of brackets are included - recent purchases only include one set.

Last edited:

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man don’t know how I missed this. Sold out again, posting so I get notified of restock.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brackets? Hmmmm. I didn't get any brackets with mine.

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brackets? Hmmmm. I didn't get any brackets with mine.
The OEM pods sit at a different angle to the roll bar for 2dr and 4dr, and use very different brackets. The Mabett supplied brackets look a lot like the 4dr OE brackets.

I’m betting that the original release of the pods (which were advertised as 4dr only) were meant to re-use the OE brackets. This newer release is 2dr compatible—and I’m thinking it’s just because he included some 4dr style brackets.

So, only 2dr folks need Mabett’s brackets. See my post earlier in the thread where I held a pod up to the 2dr bracket to try to show the incompatibility. Sorry it’s not the best image, but you can see the shape is different from the pocket molded into the pod.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got them sitting in my office ready to install and saw the thread come to the top and was going to send a link to a couple folks if it said back in stock. Saw the bracket post and it took the wind out of my sails. We'll pull them today or tomorrow and see what happens. If they don't fit I'll pay a visit to the iron worker in the trailer shop.

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will be ordering these as well when available but I think I'm leaning towards the JL C1-650x instead.
Already replaced the 3- 4" B&O fronts with the C1-400X and that made a HUGE difference.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got a rattle/distortion sound on one of my speakers. I'm wondering if perhaps a clip broke off inside. All the screws are well tightened. I'm afraid to take them apart because they are so fragile. Has anyone take the pods apart and put them back together?

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I received and installed my rear pods today and would like to offer the following observations…

1) Mabett has done a fantastic job with these! They were very well packed and included some unexpected bonuses. Unlike other reviewers, I did receive the 2 door brackets. (but did not need them for my 4 door)
Included were 2 pigtails with matching plugs for the factory harness. I had planned to rob the ones off the factory pods, but that was unnecessary. 👍
Also, I had no “clip“ issues like others have experienced.
Best of all, the pods bolted up like they were OEM.

2) I was less than impressed with the sound improvement…
perhaps I had unrealistic expectations, and maybe my speaker choice has something to do with it. (Kicker CS 6.5)
Other than a little more treble and a small bump in volume, they don’t make $450 worth of improvement in my opinion…

That is not to say that I am sorry I did it, just that it made it clear to me that this is just the beginning!
the rear channels obviously require more power…
since I have the B&O, I am not sure how to proceed.

I’ve read that the B&O doesn’t require forscan changes and will not work with the Kicker 200.4 amp…

Any advise would be much appreciate!
🍻

***EDIT***
see post below…

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 4D8FB122-D49B-4014-BA47-288937021BEE

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 04C3273E-75B0-4403-A0CF-DCA3F6441C7D

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! DEC244B0-1B0F-42EB-AB69-C31C2B19476C

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 6BD0A118-933D-4D01-B053-016BF21E0B75
Sponsored

Last edited: