First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This wins the Bronco6g post of the month award.

Ford screws up the most important launch in decades, and now its the consumers fault. :rolleyes:
I think you misunderstood my post. Consumers are equally at fault as in such a high demand has forced Ford to push these out at an unrealistic rate.

This is almost brings back the image of what happened in mid 1989 when the Mazda Miata was introduced. The demand was so high and they were pushed out so fast that most ended up having lots of mechanical issues.

We as the consumers have the power to demand the very best quality. We do this by refusing to open up our wallets until quality control issues are resolved.

I did just that by upgrading what I already own and waiting it out. I'm in no rush and can make do with what vehicles are currently in my stable.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I I have never owned anything NOT Ford. In all my Fords, I have only had 3 issues and 2 of them were my own doing.
Biggest problem with Fords is the garbage blend door actuators that go bad every three years and are burred somewhere where you need a money or a 6 year old to get to them.

I love removing high explosives because the vent got stuck on defrost. (behind the pasenger air bag on a 'stang)

I did have the rear end on my 05 Mustang go out at 80k miles. We replaced it with a junkyard pull, I didn't trust the heat treat on the original enough to rebuild it, and that was a stock engine.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This post made my eyes bleed.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest problem with Fords is the garbage blend door actuators that go bad every three years and are burred somewhere where you need a money or a 6 year old to get to them.

I love removing high explosives because the vent got stuck on defrost. (behind the pasenger air bag on a 'stang)

I did have the rear end on my 05 Mustang go out at 80k miles. We replaced it with a junkyard pull, I didn't trust the heat treat on the original enough to rebuild it, and that was a stock engine.
I've heard about the blend doors, but have never had a personal issue with them in any of my personal vehicles or any of the fleet Fords I've driven for the past 15 years. The only problems I've had with fleet vehicles have to to with DEF systems but it's hard to get into that without making this a political post so we'll avoid that mess.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Feb 3 after much waiting broken heart❤

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who knows what the actual failure numbers are, but...

Know what you are getting into.

Ford Bronco Major Mech failures . . what % ? - [March 7 update] reliability

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've heard about the blend doors, but have never had a personal issue with them in any of my personal vehicles
Maybe I'm just unlucky. Had 2 go out on my 08 Mustang, one on my 05 and at least three go out on the Expedition. (Expy has something like 6 of the damn things)

Dear Ford, Plastic gears are STUPID!

Also, I live in Phoenix, where it is hot as balls, so maybe the plastic gears break down more. My office mate just replaced one on his Edge.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much of our lives is spent over “ what if’s”, “ could happen” , or “ there a chance”? What a waste of time. I’ll get my Bronco and if it breaks I’ll deal with it then. Any other option is just pure speculation.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.7 is the STANDARD ENGINE in the F150. If it was having major failure problems, we would all know.

I have owned Fords for the last 20 years. I had one problem which was the ill fated diesels with the fun and exciting EGR issues. That was a debacle. If you don't like Ford, go buy a Kia. I hear their suv is great.

You can't even buy parts for a refrigerator or washer/dryer right now because there are no chips available. As hard as it is, I think we are all going to have to face the fact that we are in a new reality that is not the same as it was before March 2020.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've heard about the blend doors, but have never had a personal issue with them in any of my personal vehicles or any of the fleet Fords I've driven for the past 15 years.
I don't have that issue either. My GMC Sierra has a manual one.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This wouldn't be happening if people would just stop waxing them!!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is almost brings back the image of what happened in mid 1989 when the Mazda Miata was introduced. The demand was so high and they were pushed out so fast that most ended up having lots of mechanical issues.
Ya, but even the 99 Miatas a decade later, still ended up shelling many motors, for a batch of misassembled motors with a bad thrust bearing (including mine).

The 89 (and 99) Miatas were an order of magnitude more simple than the Bronco, so the fact that the Bronco even works is amazing!

A couple of concerns about the math in the OP's post: First, the sample size of failures is way underpowered. Second, I would expect a disproportionate number of failures to happen in the earlier batches compared to the later ones.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think you misunderstood my post. Consumers are equally at fault as in such a high demand has forced Ford to push these out at an unrealistic rate.
Ford is 100% at fault for pushing out a vehicle that is not ready for prime time at an unrealistic rate.

Ford is 100% at fault for poor design choices that caused some of the problems.

We as the consumers have the power to demand the very best quality. We do this by refusing to open up our wallets until quality control issues are resolved.
Consumers are 100% at fault for expecting a first year model to go off without a hitch.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe we got to page 5 6 before somebody pointed out the fact that 74% of all statistics are made up on the spot, including this one.

Also, OP's math is wrong on his made up data points.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- I want to buy a Bronco, and I want it to be reliable -

One way to improve reliability is hold Ford accountable for the many problems they're shipping . . .

But here in B6G we see that Ford doesn't need to worry about that . . . they know they'll get a free pass from their minions of stooges, goons, pet-squirrels, ninnies, flunkies, and apparatchiks . . . . . aka . . 'the Believers' . . .
OK, so the question comes down to how do we do that?

When there's something wrong, if we work through the dealer system that we're given and we report it under the warranty, Ford learns what is getting replaced in the field and then they release TSBs and, if necessary, recalls and campaigns. For instance, the campaign for the tops. Clearly Ford saw a problem and is addressing it. If something is costing a lot of money to repair in the field, that's how TSBs and campaigns happen.

We go to events, get involved, and talk to the Ford reps. Esteban Plaza-Jennings was taking photos of my Bronco at Super Celebration West last week. He even took down my VIN for follow up. We talked about what is working, what is not working, how I'm using the thing, etc. He didn't have to do that. He overheard me talking with one of the youtubers I follow and wanted to find out how to make it better. Nobody wakes up in the morning and says, "I'm going to put out a crappy product." People want to make great stuff.

Last year, I had my 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi in for a collapsed bank of lifters. I had to get a cylinder head rebuilt. They did it under warranty and it was all better. Toyota does very conservative tuning, which very much supports the legendary reliability. They never really stress an engine and the engines last forever as a result. There's not much else that is different about a Toyota engine than anyone else's. They just put a really boring tune on it.

As far as forum posts, well, this is an echo chamber these days. A recurring theme at Super Celebration last week was, "I don't go to the forums anymore because they're so toxic." Ford came here hoping to learn things and try to make them better, but we ran them off.
Sponsored