Sponsored

UPDATE: Anyone else having major issues with a 2022 7-speed Bronco Badlands???

OP
OP

krksteve

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my 2021 7 speed Badlands back from the shop due to a busted window regulator which they thought was just a bad module. Now my windows on the drivers side don't drop down when the door opens and my power mirrors don't work. I'm assuming the dealership needs to program the module to work with the vehicle, which they're gonna do on Monday.
Yes, I had to have that done too!
Sponsored

OP
OP

krksteve

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Latest update,on my lemon,! According to Ford Canada I need 7 more parts to repair my ”perfectly good drivable” Bronco which is getting noisier by the minute! Absolutely no update from the dealer whatsoever. I love these guys! I guess they can afford customer service because everyone is fixing broken Fords!

OP
OP

krksteve

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many of you, I was really excited when Ford brought the Bronco model back in 2021 after 25 years since its last production. And when they introduced more off-road options for the 2022 model, I was in. I placed my order for the 2022 Bronco Badlands with 7-speed manual transmission and waited. I knew it would be a long wait due to the chip shortage but I finally took possession of my new Bronco in June 2022.

Imagine my disappointment just five months and under 4,000 km into my Bronco journey when one morning on my way to work it suddenly started making a really loud noise and just conked out! Of course, the vehicle is under warranty so it was towed back to the dealer for repair. That was Friday, November 18, 2022. After a week at the dealer for “diagnostics,” I was told it was a part in the transmission that had to be replaced. Apparently, this fix didn’t resolve the issue, and I was then informed the entire transmission had to be replaced.

It took weeks for the transmission to arrive in Toronto from Michigan but, after 46 days at the dealership, the transmission was finally replaced and I picked up my Bronco. That was on Wednesday, January 4, 2023. Unfortunately, the story doesn't end there. According to the service advisor, the transmission was replaced; however, the strange engine noise is still present. They also mentioned the service team contacted engineers at Ford Canada about the ongoing noise. Apparently, in their estimation the Bronco is 'safe to drive' despite the noise but there are other (engine?) parts that will need to be replaced. I'll have to return the Bronco to the dealership whenever these other parts are received from Michigan.

So, it's Thursday, January 26, 2023 and it has been over three weeks since I picked up the Bronco from the dealer. Some of the parts have been received but not all so the wait continues...

It is a massive disappointment that my Bronco - which I waited months and paid a premium for - is already experiencing major mechanical issues.

Anyone else experiencing issues like this with their Bronco?
UPDATE: The Bronco is no longer my problem. I submitted a CAMVAP claim and the arbitrator ruled that Ford Canada had to buyback the vehicle.
Sponsored