Sponsored

*UPDATE* 2022 Badlands Sasq 10 Speed Transmission Issue!!

RinLV

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2dr Bronco with 690 miles just stopped!!!

Here's what happend.
I was doing some exploring in the desert over the weekend. I had it on Baja mode for like 4 miles. Back on to pavement so i switched to Normal mode. Come to a T stop. After stop, the friggin car won't move. It's like its in neutral, only the engine revs. No cell, no internet. I get bit nervous. I thought maybe i can reset. I turned everything off. Turn the car on again to avail. I played with the gears, put it on reverse and the car can go backwords but won't go forward. After like 3 minute of playing with the gearbox, the forward gear finally engages. Oh by this time the service light came on and said visit service ASAP. When i started moving, the friggin car won't go any faster than 40 MPH. What's happening is when the gear goes up to 6th, it won't engage in 6th gear and the car feels like it's in neutral, revving the engine doesn't do anything. I figured outh that if iuse the manual mode i can skip 6th and engage other gears. Every gear engages but the 6th. WTF!!!! I was able to drive it home using manual mode by skipping 6th. Whoever thought we needed 10 gears for outdoor rig sucks.... Drove it straight to the dealership and dropped it off. Will see what they say. But i'm really bummed my brand new Bronco that i waited 2 years is doing this... Fudge!!!
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
swear I read something about this in sand it happens sometimes. Tranny is protecting itself and goes into limp mode. Its pretty common on many new cars and happens a lot in sand. Fix was just to delete the code and done,back to normal. I want to say it had to do with the speed sensor getting an out of range speed or something. Cant remember exactly

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn it.... Fuel pump and now trans issues. That's too much for off grid repairs.

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's too much for any repairs..
Bronco6g members are not even close to the number of owners, yet every week there are several issues reported related to quality and/or operation. I know Ford is the bottom 1/2 of manufacturer reliability so my expectation is somewhat in line, but if it takes weeks to get seen at a dealer and/or months to get parts, you really start questioning the choice of vehicle.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sky is not falling with one transmission issue. Could be a bad sensor, could be there was something in the fluid and it just needs flushed, could be a defective part. Need to hear what the problem is first before everyone starts the whole "bad 2.7, bad fuel pump, now bad tranny, The B6G is a terrible POS" conclusions.....

Reactions: lni

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2dr Bronco with 690 miles just stopped!!!

Here's what happend.
I was doing some exploring in the desert over the weekend. I had it on Baja mode for like 4 miles. Back on to pavement so i switched to Normal mode. Come to a T stop. After stop, the friggin car won't move. It's like its in neutral, only the engine revs. No cell, no internet. I get bit nervous. I thought maybe i can reset. I turned everything off. Turn the car on again to avail. I played with the gears, put it on reverse and the car can go backwords but won't go forward. After like 3 minute of playing with the gearbox, the forward gear finally engages. Oh by this time the service light came on and said visit service ASAP. When i started moving, the friggin car won't go any faster than 40 MPH. What's happening is when the gear goes up to 6th, it won't engage in 6th gear and the car feels like it's in neutral, revving the engine doesn't do anything. I figured outh that if iuse the manual mode i can skip 6th and engage other gears. Every gear engages but the 6th. WTF!!!! I was able to drive it home using manual mode by skipping 6th. Whoever thought we needed 10 gears for outdoor rig sucks.... Drove it straight to the dealership and dropped it off. Will see what they say. But i'm really bummed my brand new Bronco that i waited 2 years is doing this... Fudge!!!
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s transmission concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My f-150 had a similar thing happen with only certain gears working and the dash was lit up like a 90's VAG product... it was fun. I cleared the codes and it never did it again. Also warranty so it won't cost you anything... probably just something stupid and not related to the amount of gears it has.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RinLV

RinLV

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update!

It took the dealer one week to look at my car and a few days to fix.
So the failed part is the Automatic Transmission Valve Body and looks like the Control Assy was also swapped out.
From what i can research, the 10 speed tranny has some issues. Hopefully this will be it for a long time.

On a positve note,
Here's some pics of my fender flare delete.

cheers!

bronco2.jpg

bronco.jpg

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two weeks ago the 10 speed in my BL's would not shift into R when cold. Every morning I need to fuss with it to get it to drop into R, but it only happens when it's cold. Aside from that I've had zero issues with this truck over the first year.

Time for a trip to dealer.
Sponsored