Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine on Saturday after the transmission inspection. It was already at the dealer when the stop delivery/recall was released. Took them a couple of weeks to get the additional tools and parts that they needed to perform the inspection once the repair instructions were released from Ford. It was about 6 weeks from the time they figured out there was a recall to delivery. It was worth the wait. Original order Jan ‘22, cancelled that order Mar 3rd and bought one in stock with the $2500 rebate from another dealer.
Wow this makes me think something else is going on with my bronco. Ford has yet to schedule it to be delivered to the dealer even. I'm sure my dealer still has to do the inspection which means I'll be waiting even longer for this thing...
Sponsored

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this makes me think something else is going on with my bronco. Ford has yet to schedule it to be delivered to the dealer even. I'm sure my dealer still has to do the inspection which means I'll be waiting even longer for this thing...
I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s probably Ford being Ford. I think those that didn’t ship were getting done at the Factory. When it arrives the dealer shouldn’t have anything to do except their normal stuff. There was a very small number affected. Perhaps yours did have the extra bolt in the transmission and they are getting a new one. Or they just haven’t gotten around to performing the inspection yet.

I would be happy that yours is built with all the constraints. I was very lucky to find the one I did. It was the exact build that I ordered except 2 door and I am so glad I got the 2 door. I was going to change my order and remove all the constraints. But I can tell you, if I got it without LUX and SAS then drove in one later with it, I would have been disappointed. All the concerns I had because of what people post on here; they are all gone. The adaptive cruise control and lane keeping work great (it doesn’t make aggressive corrections distance keeping or bounce back and forth within the lane). B&O sounds good. I have only a little wind noise even at 80 mph.

We have a ‘20 Sorento and a Titan. We already decided it is going to be our road trip car regardless off MPG. We already did a 600 mile drive bringing it home.

Best of luck. You’re going to love it.

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s probably Ford being Ford. I think those that didn’t ship were getting done at the Factory. When it arrives the dealer shouldn’t have anything to do except their normal stuff. There was a very small number affected. Perhaps yours did have the extra bolt in the transmission and they are getting a new one. Or they just haven’t gotten around to performing the inspection yet.

I would be happy that yours is built with all the constraints. I was very lucky to find the one I did. It was the exact build that I ordered except 2 door and I am so glad I got the 2 door. I was going to change my order and remove all the constraints. But I can tell you, if I got it without LUX and SAS then drove in one later with it, I would have been disappointed. All the concerns I had because of what people post on here; they are all gone. The adaptive cruise control and lane keeping work great (it doesn’t make aggressive corrections distance keeping or bounce back and forth within the lane). B&O sounds good. I have only a little wind noise even at 80 mph.

We have a ‘20 Sorento and a Titan. We already decided it is going to be our road trip car regardless off MPG. We already did a 600 mile drive bringing it home.

Best of luck. You’re going to love it.
Yea given my luck probably not going to be that easy. My Bronco already made it to the Richmond port and had been sitting for about a week when the recall was announced. From what Ford has told me it will still need an inspection when it arrives. Its just frustrating that it is still sitting down at the port instead of at my dealership getting looked at. Ford is citing truck driver shortages but I am not sure that is the only thing holding it up.

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey yall, so I was one of the unfortunate ones who got stuck on the transmission/ parking pawl recall list in February. Since my Bronco was in transport it got hit with a stop ship from Ford and it has been sitting at the Richmond yard two hours south of my dealer since 01/22/2023.

I've been in constant contact with my dealer and Ford corporate HQ about the release and delivery of my Bronco. On 03/28/2023, a customer care rep at Ford informed me the stop shop had been lifted and the vehicle was scheduled to be delivered on 4/7/2023. Flash forward to today, still no Bronco, and the customer care rep is now saying the vehicle is still on a stop-ship hold.

My dealer told me there is nothing he can do until the stop-ship hold is lifted and that will not happen until Ford releases the information/parts necessary to perform the inspection on the transmission.

Here is where I am reaching out to all of you. Does anyone have definitive information about safety recall 23S06? Specifically, I'm wondering if Ford has released the procedure for inspecting and or repairing this issue. Have any of you (dealers, purchasers, etc) received any updates on vehicles affected by this recall? I'm now in my 5th month of waiting for this vehicle to be delivered and I cannot get any information from Ford about when my Bronco will be released or delivered to the dealership. Thanks in advance.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey yall, so I was one of the unfortunate ones who got stuck on the transmission/ parking pawl recall list in February. Since my Bronco was in transport it got hit with a stop ship from Ford and it has been sitting at the Richmond yard two hours south of my dealer since 01/22/2023.

I've been in constant contact with my dealer and Ford corporate HQ about the release and delivery of my Bronco. On 03/28/2023, a customer care rep at Ford informed me the stop shop had been lifted and the vehicle was scheduled to be delivered on 4/7/2023. Flash forward to today, still no Bronco, and the customer care rep is now saying the vehicle is still on a stop-ship hold.

My dealer told me there is nothing he can do until the stop-ship hold is lifted and that will not happen until Ford releases the information/parts necessary to perform the inspection on the transmission.

Here is where I am reaching out to all of you. Does anyone have definitive information about safety recall 23S06? Specifically, I'm wondering if Ford has released the procedure for inspecting and or repairing this issue. Have any of you (dealers, purchasers, etc) received any updates on vehicles affected by this recall? I'm now in my 5th month of waiting for this vehicle to be delivered and I cannot get any information from Ford about when my Bronco will be released or delivered to the dealership. Thanks in advance.
Stop sale/delivery hold just means the dealer cannot release it to you before the recall has been performed. That’s not what has been holding it at a rail yard. The vehicle should still be delivered like normal to the dealership, then would need the recall performed.

The information, inspection and repair instructions have already been released by Ford about a week ago for this recall.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stop sale/delivery hold just means the dealer cannot release it to you before the recall has been performed. That’s not what has been holding it at a rail yard. The vehicle should still be delivered like normal to the dealership, then would need the recall performed.

The information, inspection and repair instructions have already been released by Ford about a week ago for this recall.
Okay I get that and that's also what one other person has told me. Any ideas why I'm getting the run around? Any suggestions on where to take this issue. I've already email multiple Ford corporate executives, had detailed conversations with customer care, been in constant contact with my dealer and still nothing. I actually got the brush off from an executive customer care rep the other day. Very disappointing to say the least.

Can you tell me where I should tell my dealer to look for the repair/inspection instructions. I know he is going to ask me.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay I get that and that's also what one other person has told me. Any ideas why I'm getting the run around? Any suggestions on where to take this issue. I've already email multiple Ford corporate executives, had detailed conversations with customer care, been in constant contact with my dealer and still nothing. I actually got the brush off from an executive customer care rep the other day. Very disappointing to say the least.

Can you tell me where I should tell my dealer to look for the repair/inspection instructions. I know he is going to ask me.
I have no idea who to contact unfortunately. I was just making sure you were aware that the recall has nothing to do with why it has been stuck at a rail yard.

As far as the recall inspection and repair instructions, they should very easily be able to see that just like any other recall once they enter your VIN in oasis.

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got an update from Ford on Friday although I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what they told me.

Ford says the Bronco will be picked up by a third party for the inspection of the transmission before it can shipped to my dealer. They told me another company originally had the contract to inspect the Bronco and has failed to pick it up so they are assigning it to someone else.

This makes no sense! Has anyone heard of this. I tried to ask why they don't just send it to my dealer for inspection and they stated this is what their process is when it still in transport. I have a feeling something else happened to my Bronco, like damage or vandalism during transport and they aren't telling me.

Still no eta for when I can expect this thing. Its been built for 5 month and in transport for 4 months. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I got an update from Ford on Friday although I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what they told me.

Ford says the Bronco will be picked up by a third party for the inspection of the transmission before it can shipped to my dealer. They told me another company originally had the contract to inspect the Bronco and has failed to pick it up so they are assigning it to someone else.

This makes no sense! Has anyone heard of this. I tried to ask why they don't just send it to my dealer for inspection and they stated this is what their process is when it still in transport. I have a feeling something else happened to my Bronco, like damage or vandalism during transport and they aren't telling me.

Still no eta for when I can expect this thing. Its been built for 5 month and in transport for 4 months. Does this make sense to anyone else?
I’ve never heard of anything like this. And certainly doesn’t make any sense to me đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

dphan

Big Bend
First Name
David Phan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably why my transmission blew with 13miles on the odometer. lol.

Sponsored

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Use the power of the internet and your local news.
Your local news trouble shooter should love a story like this. I would also go on the internet and let everyone know what Ford is doing to you. They keep bragging about how they are about to catch up with Wrangler sales.
My Bronco is in the recall vins and I haven’t been contacted by anyone telling me what I’m supposed to do.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep wondering when they are going to inform of the Transmission recall. Mine was built in the effected time frame but I just looked and the only recall for my Bronco is the stupid seat belt recall which is completely BS.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I keep wondering when they are going to inform of the Transmission recall. Mine was built in the effected time frame but I just looked and the only recall for my Bronco is the stupid seat belt recall which is completely BS.
Not every vehicle in the time frame is affected. If it doesn’t show the recall listed, you don’t have it.