Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at a dealer today and they said they couldn't sell any of their Broncos on the floor due to this recall. Does anyone know when the fix will be ready for this?
Somewhere between October and December.
Sponsored

Djagusch

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Purchased a 23 outer banks July 3rd, paperwork, loan, and delivered between 3pm and 530pm.
Dealer entered the deal July 5th on ford's system.
Got a call 445pm today 8 days after delivery that the regional ford rep said they couldn't sell the bronco as it was entered on the 5th. Supposed to bring it back, dealer is fighting it, asked the rep to call me directly.
I can't believe how hard they are trying not to sell vehicles. All paperwork said July 3rd. Letter holding them on the 5th.
Just no words.

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We just bought a 4 dr OB last night for the wife. Went to go get it today and they said we couldn't have it now because of the recall. Dammit! Thought I had her out of my 2 door for good! :D
Anyway dealer is saying September but I am not buying it. Total BS

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless someone has an inside track with the team directly involved with this recall, the dealers know what customers know. 4th quarter is Oct, Nov or December. Generally speaking, I've rarely seen Ford say this and not blown past or barely just made their time estimate. Not trying to be negative about this and hope it happens much sooner to get folks in their vehicles. More than likely we'll all get a small amount of "seed" stock to start fixing these but not enough for the vehicles assigned to each dealer. Obviously, grounded vehicles will be first to get done so we don't have to keep babysitting them, moving to avoid lot rot or dead batteries or accidental damage. Definitely not the dealer's decision to ground these and no way is any dealer with a brain going to let anyone take delivery because of liability and the huge federal fines.

This is trivial as shit considering they've put a clip on vehicles being built and shipped which means they're getting parts. I think the hang up is being able to produce enough to provide seed stock to all dealers and getting the repair instructions and process approved by both internal legal and outside regulators.

Sponsored

Morganbd2013

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands Bronco showed up to the dealer today and when I went in to have a look and try to take it home I was told that Ford issued a stop sale and they don’t know when they will be able to let me have it.

Does anybody have any info on the status, why it’s on a stop sale, or when the issue will be cleared up?

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huge bummer for those excited about the bronco. I can't believe that they are stopping deliveries for this kind of recall. I grabbed my badlands in Feb and received a letter in the mail a week ago about this seatbelt recall. Saying that at a future date, once ford figures out parts and distribution, I'll have to take it in. It's such a minor issue to stop sales (in my opinion). Basically...the recall statement goes like this..."in certain seat positions the driver and passenger seat belt is difficult to reach". Which I have never had a problem with since ownership.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe the mods can merge this thread into one of the other seat belt recall threads.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bring a chip clip. Problem solved. Well the dealer might not think so.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, can't owners just deny the recall service to take delivery sooner?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, can't owners just deny the recall service to take delivery sooner?
No, huge fines if they let it go. What you can do is look at your Bronco and see if there are clips on the front belts and the instructions in the glove box. Some say they are on recall but the fix was already performed. If completed, the dealer can talk to the recall people and get it released.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe this stops the delivery of a truck. The belts work. How far up does your seat have to be for this to be an issue? Push the seat back, problem solved.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn’t be surprised to see lots of people back out of their orders in Q4 when the parts are finally released. Such BS to have the vehicle delivered, but not able to take it home for months.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

q4, so late fall or early winter. I got a letter in the mail about it the other day.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see lots of people back out of their orders in Q4 when the parts are finally released. Such BS to have the vehicle delivered, but not able to take it home for months.
Parts are already available.
Sponsored