Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the different degrees of broken is 100% broke. Only in 4L after reverse will the rear view camera remain persistent while driving forward. It never turns off until the Bronco does. Some may never have realized that it is an issue as they never have driven in 4L. :cautious: Most Broncos never even see 4H.
You can turn that feature on/off in the infotainment system. Reverse Camera Delay or something.

What we’re referring to is something completely different.

Understood ..... maybe I should read the fuckin' manual. LOL
Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly forget mine has a backup camera. I learned to back fire engines in the truck bay in the early 90s when all we had was side mirrors. I cant back up a vehicle looking over my shoulder, I have to use mirrors. Yes, Im a weirdo
Nothing weird with that. I use my mirrors all the time. Camera only to see how close I am to whatever is behind me. I dont like using the backup lines on a video screen.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny thing on mine when having the issue: the compass is 180 degrees off, it thinks I'm still backing up.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right? I don't want to highjack the thread or anything, but does anyone know if this is a known issue with Ford? I have put off taking it in because I figure with my luck the camera will work fine on that particular day.
When I finally took mine in for the reverse camera usually not working, I was armed with a few pics that had timestamps to show the issue, fully expecting the “could not replicate the issue”.

Service guy barely even glanced at my first pic, said yup have a few of those waiting on parts. Took my VIN to put it in the system. I think dealers know how shitty the cameras are, have always been.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are referring to the everyday behavior of the rear camera and the delay.

Next time you are in 4L (doesn't happen in 4H), engage reverse. Then drive forward. It will maintain the rear camera view. No delay. No speed threshold. It will turn off once you turn the Bronco off.

As I mentioned earlier, it is a not a huge safety issue for me as whenever I'm in 4L, I am more distracted by the outside environment and not what is shown on the screen. But it is a safety issue. All the VINs will have an outstanding safety recall associated with it. Even if people weren't concerned about the safety recall being corrected, it will still affect the value of your Bronco.
Wait, THIS is what the problem is??? "Safety" lol, yeah okay...

So when does Ford issue the recall for the rear-view mirror always being on? LOL

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an 8" screen and the safety recall is blocking me from a compliance letter to import my bronco to the USA... But they can't do the fix on an 8" screen lol.

Why in the F would they issue a safety recall for a configuration they can't fix... that is some otherworldy incompetence lol

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was not working from time to time.
Did that fix it? Mine will be either the left or right cameras that fail. My dealer said they need to replicate the issue which is sporadic, but happens often enough that it's an issue for me.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did that fix it? Mine will be either the left or right cameras that fail. My dealer said they need to replicate the issue which is sporadic, but happens often enough that it's an issue for me.
Yes - No problems since it was replaced.

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2022 front view on the 360° cam is spotty at best-sometimes the front is on, other times it's black. I've been meaning to ask the dealer but keep forgetting. Lol
I have been running into the same issue

Sponsored

Montaracactusgrey

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here with the front camera
Agreed. Happened about had a dozen times in the last couple months. All camera views black. Cycle ignition and it restored.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...mln-charge-related-suv-van-recall-2023-09-01/

"Ford said on Friday it would replace the rearview camera and update software in some 2020-2023 Explorer and Aviator vehicles, 2020-2022 Corsair vehicles, 2022-2023 Transit vans, 2018-2021 Navigator vehicles and 2021 Bronco vehicles."

I guess this is the answer to the 4L camera/automatic update issues us 8” screen folks have been having the past year.

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for a 12” upgrade the MY24 is getting. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thanks! I haven't had any problems with the camera on my 21 Bronco but my wife has had fits with her Corsair, so looks like this will fix it!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a 2013 and have a 2017 Escape with the backup cameras and never had and still don't have an issue with it. It seems like anything post 2019 is when Ford has had a shit show with backup cameras...I know my sales guy said it was terrible in the Explorer and F-150. You'd think they get a new supplier.

Mine works 100% (8in screen 2022MY) but I do get a weird screen that pops up every once in while for a split second, but doesn't impact the operation of it, but I thought that was part of the open recall on it.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my recall letter today. Will likely do it with my next service.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model