MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got my wiper motor flashed at the dealer for the dry protection mode issue. I hope that fixes that issue, but since it's Winter now, might not get to try it out till Spring. But they also did the seatbelt retention clip recall. I didn’t really want that, but it was on there when I picked it up, and I tried it. Nope! I don’t need a piece of plastic digging in to my hip or chest when driving. The seatbelt conforms to ones body, but this plastic retention clip doesn’t. So I had to get out the retention clip removal tool.

All good now. 😊

Ford Bronco Seatbelt Buckle Retention Clip Recall, Removal Tool 1704478872503
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I probably need this recall because my seat belt is slightly difficult to reach so I just don't bother putting it on.

My flue damper is also kind of tough to operate so I just leave it closed when I start a fire ;)

And the brake on my chainsaw kept stopping the chain when it would kick so I disabled that crap :D

OP
OP
MsPickles

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I probably need this recall because my seat belt is slightly difficult to reach so I just don't bother putting it on.

My flue damper is also kind of tough to operate so I just leave it closed when I start a fire ;)

And the brake on my chainsaw kept stopping the chain when it would kick so I disabled that crap :D
LOL
Ford Bronco Seatbelt Buckle Retention Clip Recall, Removal Tool 1704480295487

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am waiting to get this recall done for the purpose of stopping passenger seatbelt rattle when not in use. It slides down between seat and pillar and rattles. Not one passenger hasn’t been able to find the seatbelt.

OP
OP
MsPickles

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am waiting to get this recall done for the purpose of stopping passenger seatbelt rattle when not in use. It slides down between seat and pillar and rattles. Not one passenger hasn’t been able to find the seatbelt.
Well, the clip will hold up the seatbelt buckle up. It has a slight tension on the seatbelt itself to keep it where you slid it along the belt. They had mine pushed up and the buckle was up near the top of the seat. I wondered though, since the clip is plastic and outside of the buckle is also plastic over steel, will that rattle on each other? Guess you'll have to try it out and see if it is a solution for your passenger buckle rattle. At least it's free for you to try out when you get it in for the recall. I haven't had any rattle in my buckles, so wasn't one of my concerns.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the clip will hold up the seatbelt buckle up. It has a slight tension on the seatbelt itself to keep it where you slid it along the belt. They had mine pushed up and the buckle was up near the top of the seat. I wondered though, since the clip is plastic and outside of the buckle is also plastic over steel, will that rattle on each other? Guess you'll have to try it out and see if it is a solution for your passenger buckle rattle. At least it's free for you to try out when you get it in for the recall. I haven't had any rattle in my buckles, so wasn't one of my concerns.
it will work as the rattle is the seat belt clip against the pillar. If I raise it up it’s gone.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got my wiper motor flashed at the dealer for the dry protection mode issue. I hope that fixes that issue, but since it's Winter now, might not get to try it out till Spring. But they also did the seatbelt retention clip recall. I didn’t really want that, but it was on there when I picked it up, and I tried it. Nope! I don’t need a piece of plastic digging in to my hip or chest when driving. The seatbelt conforms to ones body, but this plastic retention clip doesn’t. So I had to get out the retention clip removal tool.

All good now. 😊

Thankfully I have the same tool on a little larger scale. May be employing it depending on the outcome of future dealer visits.

ArizonaGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

All good now. 😊

Great idea!
My seatbelt is fine as it is. I really don't want Ford messing with it.

Tomahawk-123

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

All good now. 😊

I can’t believe that this was actually recall worthy. I’ve never once thought about not buckling my seatbelt, because it’s difficult to reach. It’s never been difficult to reach more than any other seatbelt.
Sponsored