Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So dealer said Thurs they did not see my vehicle. Checked both sites and no recall... hope that is all and I am clear.
Sponsored

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think mine would fall under this...My build date is that of the Michigan plant listing. Would Ford contact us via email or something, or is this something I have to contact them about myself?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think mine would fall under this...My build date is that of the Michigan plant listing. Would Ford contact us via email or something, or is this something I have to contact them about myself?
Ford will send you a recall notice if your Bronco needs it done.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Build date of 12/22 checked both sites and nothing as of yet, hopefully it stays that way.

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Build date of 12/22 checked both sites and nothing as of yet, hopefully it stays that way.
Same build date as you, no notice yet…

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing to remember is that of all the Bronco Automatics built during that time frame, only 195 are being recalled. They most likely know based on VIN which vehicles have the suspect transmissions installed. So if you are wondering, look up your VIN on the Ford site and NHTSA to see if you are one of the unlucky few. Should not be too big of a fix though I would assume. Maybe drop the pan and look for the suspect screw?

Sponsored

Mcb345

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe one day Ford can build a 10 speed that doesn’t suck and a turbo engine with working cam phasers (mine have never sounded right). You’d think after 5 years with the transmission and 10+ with turbo engines they’d be buttoned up but nope!

Get the manual transmission friends!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe one day Ford can build a 10 speed that doesn’t suck and a turbo engine with working cam phasers (mine have never sounded right). You’d think after 5 years with the transmission and 10+ with turbo engines they’d be buttoned up but nope!

Get the manual transmission friends!
The same manual transmission that has a bunch of noise and grinding concerns? As opposed to the newer 10 speeds over here that are pretty much bulletproof these days. Yeah, good idea lol

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing to remember is that of all the Bronco Automatics built during that time frame, only 195 are being recalled. They most likely know based on VIN which vehicles have the suspect transmissions installed. So if you are wondering, look up your VIN on the Ford site and NHTSA to see if you are one of the unlucky few. Should not be too big of a fix though I would assume. Maybe drop the pan and look for the suspect screw?
How would you like to be "The Guy" who screwed up 195 transmissions on the assembly line...

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would you like to be "The Guy" who screwed up 195 transmissions on the assembly line...
- “Bolt” McGillicutti was here…

Mcb345

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same manual transmission that has a bunch of noise and grinding concerns? As opposed to the newer 10 speeds over here that are pretty much bulletproof these days. Yeah, good idea lol
haha so true! Touché! The 10 speed in my Expedition slams when downshifting to 4th, shakes when driving 15-20 mph uphill (after they updated software to “fix” the clunking) and periodically slips a gear lower speeds when accelerating resulting in a massive lurch forward as the clutch dumps. I’ll take some grinding!

I won’t let them touch it again as I dont trust Ford to fix this crap as they’ll just make it worse as usual. That combined with my cam phasers that were “fixed” and still rattled the second I turned the engine on after the repair (it’s turbo waste gate rattle not cam phasers but they’ll keep replacing phasers because they’re idiots).

Gotta love Ford!

Glad I have a lifetime powertrain warranty and bumper to bumper 125k extended warranty!
Sponsored