Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

haha so true! Touché! The 10 speed in my Expedition slams when downshifting to 4th, shakes when driving 15-20 mph uphill (after they updated software to “fix” the clunking) and periodically slips a gear lower speeds when accelerating resulting in a massive lurch forward as the clutch dumps. I’ll take some grinding!

I won’t let them touch it again as I dont trust Ford to fix this crap as they’ll just make it worse as usual. That combined with my cam phasers that were “fixed” and still rattled the second I turned the engine on after the repair (it’s turbo waste gate rattle not cam phasers but they’ll keep replacing phasers because they’re idiots).

Gotta love Ford!

Glad I have a lifetime powertrain warranty and bumper to bumper 125k extended warranty!
Yea I got extended warranty even tho I don’t trust them too cause eventually they will repair it right. Mine doesn’t have problems yet. 2500 miles
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in most states they have only a few of these auto-transmission recalls over the whole state. For the two months of production specified most of the Broncos have no recall.
Correct.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bummer - my new Bronco is in the target date range...

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer - my new Bronco is in the target date range...
Doesn't matter as there is no recall...

Er, it only affects a limited number of vehicles...

No fretting until you check your VIN.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doesn't matter as there is no recall...

Er, it only affects a limited number of vehicles...

No fretting until you check your VIN.
All good Dave. No reported recall on NTHSA site for my VIN - whew. Now back to buying those accessories...

Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For any that have had their noisy manual transmissions fixed. What did they do to fix it? How long did it take them to get parts? How long were you without your Bronco? And, maybe most important of all, did they fix your issue and are you problem free now?

unnamed (63).jpg

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For any that have had their noisy manual transmissions fixed. What did they do to fix it? How long did it take them to get parts? How long were you without your Bronco? And, maybe most important of all, did they fix your issue and are you problem free now?

Ford Bronco STOP delivery on some Broncos due to 10-speed auto transmission recall (build dates: 11/14/22 - 01/12/23) -- loose bolt / park pawl issue unnamed (63)
I had it for 5 weeks and 2500 miles before they replaced my first transmission (in the shop 10 days).

I had it back for another month and about 700 miles and the noise came back. It has now been sitting for 8 weeks to the day waiting for the second replacement (some parts are backordered into oblivion) and I imagine unless there is an updated part or transmission it will just happen again.

No ETA, no update, nothing

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had it for 5 weeks and 2500 miles before they replaced my first transmission (in the shop 10 days).

I had it back for another month and about 700 miles and the noise came back. It has now been sitting for 8 weeks to the day waiting for the second replacement (some parts are backordered into oblivion) and I imagine unless there is an updated part or transmission it will just happen again.

No ETA, no update, nothing
WOW, Ford is really doing a poor job here, it's not like the manual transmission is a new thing. Or new to them, geez!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a couple massive threads on this subject already and the consensus is that no current fixes are helping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: Additional vehicles found to be affected.

Ford Bronco STOP delivery on some Broncos due to 10-speed auto transmission recall (build dates: 11/14/22 - 01/12/23) -- loose bolt / park pawl issue 4C5DA9BE-D968-40F9-A641-F0E5774C2A71

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently they released the inspection/fix instructions a few days ago. Has anyone seen the paperwork of what exactly needs to be done? Thank you.

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey yall, I am one of the unfortunate ones who found themselves on this recall list. Per Ford HQ the stop ship on my Bronco was released on 3/28/23. But my estimated delivery window keeps moving back, currenty showing 5/5/23. Anyone else here got any info about this recall or taken delivery after the stop ship got lifted?

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey yall, I am one of the unfortunate ones who found themselves on this recall list. Per Ford HQ the stop ship on my Bronco was released on 3/28/23. But my estimated delivery window keeps moving back, currenty showing 5/5/23. Anyone else here got any info about this recall or taken delivery after the stop ship got lifted?
I got mine on Saturday after the transmission inspection. It was already at the dealer when the stop delivery/recall was released. Took them a couple of weeks to get the additional tools and parts that they needed to perform the inspection once the repair instructions were released from Ford. It was about 6 weeks from the time they figured out there was a recall to delivery. It was worth the wait. Original order Jan ‘22, cancelled that order Mar 3rd and bought one in stock with the $2500 rebate from another dealer.
Sponsored