First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean I was hoping that the ford account could reach out to me which they did and help me out. All they did was tell me to make an appointment at my closest ford. The 2 closest ones I went to kept my car for weeks and never fixed anything. Probably because I was 17 at the time and thought they could say anything and I could believe them. The next closest one is about an hour away. The takeaways I got from me making this is either take it to the ford dealer an hour away or lemon law.
Don't feel bad young man, I'm 52 and my dealership treats me like a punk any time I have a warranty issue. It's just what they do!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do people call the Bronco a truck??
Cuz I don't want to call it a Jeep, and it's based on a truck chassis. So while it is a car, as are all trucks (vehicle, automotive), I consider it more a truck. And I can call it what I want (except Shirley). And you can call it a car. Just don't call it a Jeep! lol

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't feel bad young man, I'm 52 and my dealership treats me like a punk any time I have a warranty issue. It's just what they do!
Are we talking like late 70's leather jacket or mid-80's new wave punk? Details matter. lol

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we talking like late 70's leather jacket or mid-80's new wave punk? Details matter. lol
Whatever the kind is that can take his supposed warranty and stick it you know where!

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever the kind is that can take his supposed warranty and stick it you know where!
That would be emo punk. So mid 90's! You gotta practice that glower to get it right. lol

Could be worse. You could be a nihilist.

Ford Bronco Anyone else having too many issues? nihilists_

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest problem is that I haven’t been able sell my Jeep! Once the Jeep is gone I’ll turn the money into a roof rack and mud flaps on my BL, maybe a set of wheels too, the KMC Lobos look nice!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2 closest ones I went to kept my car for weeks and never fixed anything. Probably because I was 17 at the time and thought they could say anything and I could believe them. The next closest one is about an hour away. The takeaways I got from me making this is either take it to the ford dealer an hour away or lemon law.
Most dealerships service departments are short handed and thus backed-up. Gone are the days of dropping of your vehicle and getting it looked at the next day. If you don't want to leave it for weeks on end, then make an actual service appointment to drop it off. Describe the problems you are having and don't give them the other dealers diagnosis, let them draw their own conclusions.

Also, lemon laws vary by state but usually require a vehicle to be diagnosed with the same significant problem multiple times and with multiple failed repair attempts. It is not an easy bar to clear and you are going to have a hard time making your case for subwoofer rattles and glitchy 3rd party software.

OP
OP
Ant0ni0S

Ant0ni0S

Wildtrak
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most dealerships service departments are short handed and thus backed-up. Gone are the days of dropping of your vehicle and getting it looked at the next day. If you don't want to leave it for weeks on end, then make an actual service appointment to drop it off. Describe the problems you are having and don't give them the other dealers diagnosis, let them draw their own conclusions.

Also, lemon laws vary by state but usually require a vehicle to be diagnosed with the same significant problem multiple times and with multiple failed repair attempts. It is not an easy bar to clear and you are going to have a hard time making your case for subwoofer rattles and glitchy 3rd party software.

Every time I did make a service appointment and the same issues have happened every time. I went to the dealership 8 times in a year with the same issues and I have work orders from the dealerships to back me up. I do love the bronco in the summer time with the roof and doors off. So idk what ima do just yet.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I did make a service appointment and the same issues have happened every time. I went to the dealership 8 times in a year with the same issues and I have work orders from the dealerships to back me up. I do love the bronco in the summer time with the roof and doors off. So idk what ima do just yet.
Fix the subwoofer issue yourself (you can thank Ford for that). No dealership will fix that without charging you, there's threads on the forum about how others have.

The Apple Play issue is annoying (I've had it from the start). After some updates, it happens less. When it does these days, I immediately reboot my phone. I actually think it's an issue with CarPlay more than Ford.

Don't know what to tell you about the APIM/wiring thing. Dealership service makes more money on non-warranty work, so not surprised a dealership would drag their feet pulling the dash out, even if someone should. That's down to the quality of the dealership service department. I don't know I'd want a less-than-stellar service department rip out my dashboard, they're hard to put back right.

No worries if you want a car without these issues, trade it in. If you do like the Bronco, with the issues you described, you really have to get used to it to some degree. My top is so loud but I'm not getting rid of it. It is quieter than my '94 Jeep Rio Grande. So there's that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ant0ni0S

Ant0ni0S

Wildtrak
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fix the subwoofer issue yourself (you can thank Ford for that). No dealership will fix that without charging you, there's threads on the forum about how others have.

The Apple Play issue is annoying (I've had it from the start). After some updates, it happens less. When it does these days, I immediately reboot my phone. I actually think it's an issue with CarPlay more than Ford.

Don't know what to tell you about the APIM/wiring thing. Dealership service makes more money on non-warranty work, so not surprised a dealership would drag their feet pulling the dash out, even if someone should. That's down to the quality of the dealership service department. I don't know I'd want a less-than-stellar service department rip out my dashboard, they're hard to put back right.

No worries if you want a car without these issues, trade it in. If you do like the Bronco, with the issues you described, you really have to get used to it to some degree. My top is so loud but I'm not getting rid of it. It is quieter than my '94 Jeep Rio Grande. So there's that.
I miss when the price for the bronco raptor was $75,000 fully spec. Now it’s like 100k. If it was still 75k I would get it right away. That’s 10k over what I paid for my wildtrak. But 100k for a bronco raptor with 400hp is not worth it at all. If I were to order a new bronco, it will probably take a year to order and I have work so that wouldn’t work for me. Ima wait and see if there are some stuff I can fix myself. I actually fixed a lot of my issues using forscan and my sub rattle issue I fixed with sound deadening. Now I have to take the whole dash out and see what the squeaking is and if there are wires messed up.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I miss when the price for the bronco raptor was $75,000 fully spec. Now it’s like 100k. If it was still 75k I would get it right away. That’s 10k over what I paid for my wildtrak. But 100k for a bronco raptor with 400hp is not worth it at all. If I were to order a new bronco, it will probably take a year to order and I have work so that wouldn’t work for me. Ima wait and see if there are some stuff I can fix myself. I actually fixed a lot of my issues using forscan and my sub rattle issue I fixed with sound deadening. Now I have to take the whole dash out and see what the squeaking is and if there are wires messed up.
A squeak if it were bad enough would bug the fire outta me, so I hear ya.

I've only helped my dad and his friend pull a dash once, I think it was an '80's Cutlass or something, it's been 30+ years. But it was a nightmare. Actually did it I think three times, kept pinching wires, if I recall once shorted when we put the battery back on. Stuff just didn't work anymore. I remember my dad swearing he would never do it again, and didn't...

So beware, unless you know what you're doing, you could make things worse. I don't know how hard the Bronco is to do, but I would imagine there's only more wires and gizmos to jam back in.

If you can afford it, find a good Ford-certified mechanic and see what they'd charge. If it's squeaking inside the dash, it's probably dust on some plastic that's rubbing. I had a window that started squeaking like a rat on PCP and it turned out it was dust from off roading. Some rain and a few roll downs fixes that for me.

And yeah, not hardly any got a BRaptor for $75k. That's what they're worth, but bozos keep dropping big dollars on those units and it's throwing it off for everyone.

OP
OP
Ant0ni0S

Ant0ni0S

Wildtrak
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A squeak if it were bad enough would bug the fire outta me, so I hear ya.

I've only helped my dad and his friend pull a dash once, I think it was an '80's Cutlass or something, it's been 30+ years. But it was a nightmare. Actually did it I think three times, kept pinching wires, if I recall once shorted when we put the battery back on. Stuff just didn't work anymore. I remember my dad swearing he would never do it again, and didn't...

So beware, unless you know what you're doing, you could make things worse. I don't know how hard the Bronco is to do, but I would imagine there's only more wires and gizmos to jam back in.

If you can afford it, find a good Ford-certified mechanic and see what they'd charge. If it's squeaking inside the dash, it's probably dust on some plastic that's rubbing. I had a window that started squeaking like a rat on PCP and it turned out it was dust from off roading. Some rain and a few roll downs fixes that for me.

And yeah, not hardly any got a BRaptor for $75k. That's what they're worth, but bozos keep dropping big dollars on those units and it's throwing it off for everyone.
Imagine hearing this every time you are driving

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine hearing this every time you are driving

That sounds like something spinning and hitting something to me. Have you started a thread see if people can help you diagnose? I had a heater fan doing that once and it was some stuff got into the fan box thingy in the floorboard from outside. Rode with it for awhile, then finally pulled that out and got the leaves and crap out and it stopped.

OP
OP
Ant0ni0S

Ant0ni0S

Wildtrak
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sounds like something spinning and hitting something to me. Have you started a thread see if people can help you diagnose? I had a heater fan doing that once and it was some stuff got into the fan box thingy in the floorboard from outside. Road with it for awhile, then finally pulled that out and got the leaves and crap out and it stopped.
I’m just gonna pull the dash out and figure out where it’s coming from. I’m gonna add some ambient lighting while I have it off anyway. It gives me an excuse to add lights.
Sponsored