Sponsored

Anyone else having adaptive cruise control issues?

FL-23Braptor

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This happened the first week I bought it. It has been to the ford dealer 5 total times so far. I assume they are competent. Otherwise Ford has wasted the cost of a camera and a windshield on this so far for something easy.

It's Florida, we don't have front plates. I have ZERO mods. I wasn't getting into that argument with another dealer. They say it's NOT the radar its the camera causing the issue. Are they competent? I can't answer that I'm still stuck working with a service manager that writes down my complaints.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This happened the first week I bought it. It has been to the ford dealer 5 total times so far. I assume they are competent. Otherwise Ford has wasted the cost of a camera and a windshield on this so far for something easy.

It's Florida, we don't have front plates. I have ZERO mods. I wasn't getting into that argument with another dealer. They say it's NOT the radar its the camera causing the issue. Are they competent? I can't answer that I'm still stuck working with a service manager that writes down my complaints.
It is possible the camera is the source of the problem, but it depends on the codes and behavior of the unit. I am sure that you are fairly frustrated with it.

I was asking about mods/front plates to rule out the obvious... With that said, the first thing I would be looking at is the aiming of the radar module, it can be finicky and has a fairly tight range to be aimed correctly. According to the service manual, if it detects that it is outside of the expected aiming parameters, it will turn off the cruise control. As far as the camera faults, I don't have the service manual in front of me, so I am not 100% sure. Do you have or know of any codes related to your problem?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to drag up an old thread. Did you ever get a resolution to your issue?

I've had issues with ACC no working since the first week. 6 months and 3 trips to ford. New camera, new windshield. It seems most common to stop working when I'm over 70mph. Back to the shop Monday so they can try again and fix it.
Hey, Brian! I can take a closer look into your adaptive cruise control concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a DM, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored