Sponsored

Anyone Else Having Key Problems With Their 2021 Bronco ?

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fortunately, my great salesperson had introduced me to a manager, while I was waiting earlier, who showed me that you can lift up the mat in the center console storage area and place your key in a shallow indentation there, which is near the receiver.
Our bronco (2.7, Auto, Sasquatch, Badlands, Lux) was built in December of 2021 so it's outside the TSB range but we've had it happen once in 45 days and 2000 miles of driving. We had (2) keys in the vehicle so it wasn't isolated to a bad battery. It happened a week ago and haven't had any issues since. We started the vehicle by placing the key in the indentation in the center console and that started up the truck without a problem. It was odd, to say the least. Perhaps I'll mention it to the dealership the next time we take the truck in?

Within 24hrs of the key incident we also had one instance where at startup the parking brake engaged, we got brake error messages on the screen to include, "Hill start assist not available". I'm not sure it the issues were isolated or connected or what.
Sponsored

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 Door has been having trouble starting recently, with the "No Key Detected" message popping up as I sit in the driver's seat with my key in hand. I have been able to start it by using the remote start function instead... until yesterday, when it refused to start at all and locked the engine, windows, and power... and set off the alarm when I opened the door. I was stuck in a CVS parking lot- groceries melting- for over an hour before it agreed to start again. (I called Ford's Roadside Assistance and their only option was to send a tow truck... in 2-3 hours!)

I took the rig to my dealer- Dean Sellers Ford in Troy, Michigan- today, but their Service Department could find nothing and actually told me to "take a picture" if it happened again. (I asked what I was supposed to photograph and he actually said, "your hand holding both keys by the start button." I am not kidding!) Naturally, the car refused to start when I tried to leave their parking lot, at which point the service tech looked at the car from a few feet away, said that Ford had nothing online about this issue, but he would send an e-mail to their hot line... and then walked off. Fortunately, my great salesperson had introduced me to a manager, while I was waiting earlier, who showed me that you can lift up the mat in the center console storage area and place your key in a shallow indentation there, which is near the receiver. The Bronco started... but who wants to have to put their key inside the console to start their own $60k 4x4!

Am I the only unlucky Bronco owner to have experienced this frustrating problem?
I have the similar problem
2 doors Base sas, 2.7, hd bumper, auxiliary switch
If my key are in the left pocket,,, message when I try to start key no detected
But if my key are in the cup holder or in my right pocket it fine
it works but it is very annoying

Please let me if know if they fix your problem,,,,
I don't want dealer to work on it in the short term,,,,
I am going to Moab at the end of the month,,,,, I will go after to try to get it fix,,,, I don't want to jeopardize my trip try to fix it,,,,

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had this issue, but it always has let me drive it and the message goes away after I clear it and it never comes up again. Mine was built 11/19

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Power Up Software mentions this as a "fix" on the next round. I've had a key issue but not the update yet.

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had this happen several times, with key in hand, while sitting in the driver's seat. It usually took several tries of the start button before detecting the fob, but no more than a 10 or 15 second delay.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the similar problem
2 doors Base sas, 2.7, hd bumper, auxiliary switch
If my key are in the left pocket,,, message when I try to start key no detected
But if my key are in the cup holder or in my right pocket it fine
it works but it is very annoying

Please let me if know if they fix your problem,,,,
I don't want dealer to work on it in the short term,,,,
I am going to Moab at the end of the month,,,,, I will go after to try to get it fix,,,, I don't want to jeopardize my trip try to fix it,,,,
My 2 door does exactly this as well. It is equally as bad as allowing the door to unlock. Seems to have a very weak receiver and/or transmitter.

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had this issue, but it always has let me drive it and the message goes away after I clear it and it never comes up again. Mine was built 11/19
mine was also built that week

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have another issue or something weird,,, just walking around the bronco in the garage ,,, with my key on me or without key,,,,, the bronco clicking like he detect movement super weird and this happen over and over,,, does not matter if the car was ;lock or unlock>

Anyone else have that clicking

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 Door has been having trouble starting recently, with the "No Key Detected" message popping up as I sit in the driver's seat with my key in hand. I have been able to start it by using the remote start function instead... until yesterday, when it refused to start at all and locked the engine, windows, and power... and set off the alarm when I opened the door. I was stuck in a CVS parking lot- groceries melting- for over an hour before it agreed to start again. (I called Ford's Roadside Assistance and their only option was to send a tow truck... in 2-3 hours!)

I took the rig to my dealer- Dean Sellers Ford in Troy, Michigan- today, but their Service Department could find nothing and actually told me to "take a picture" if it happened again. (I asked what I was supposed to photograph and he actually said, "your hand holding both keys by the start button." I am not kidding!) Naturally, the car refused to start when I tried to leave their parking lot, at which point the service tech looked at the car from a few feet away, said that Ford had nothing online about this issue, but he would send an e-mail to their hot line... and then walked off. Fortunately, my great salesperson had introduced me to a manager, while I was waiting earlier, who showed me that you can lift up the mat in the center console storage area and place your key in a shallow indentation there, which is near the receiver. The Bronco started... but who wants to have to put their key inside the console to start their own $60k 4x4!

Am I the only unlucky Bronco owner to have experienced this frustrating problem?
Did the dealer find how to fix it,,,,
I have the same problem ,,, I did not go see the dealer yet about it

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! I just got No Key Detected. I am trapped here in a parking lot. Where do you put the physical key? The useless owner’s manual in the radio says how to remove the key from the remote but doesn’t say anything about where the keyslot is. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the center console on the bottom of the console is a space for the Fob. Put it in that space and Bronco should start.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the center console on the bottom of the console is a space for the Fob. Put it in that space and Bronco should start.
Thank you. I found that in the earlier posts.

Where do you put the actual key though? In many cars it goes under the Start button but the Bronco button does not appear to be removable. They couldn’t be so stupid as to not have a manual override to start the vehicle, could they?

TXWILD

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F250 12 inch lift on 40's
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same thing happen to me a few days after getting mine back in December. Happened once and took me a bit to figure out the indention in console would start it. Got it started and never happened again. So far so good.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I found that in the earlier posts.

Where do you put the actual key though? In many cars it goes under the Start button but the Bronco button does not appear to be removable. They couldn’t be so stupid as to not have a manual override to start the vehicle, could they?
I guess I don't know where the key goes either? Lol
Sponsored