Sponsored

Make sure you inspect your new Bronco at delivery!

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know how you feel. I had something very similar happen to me with two brand-new vehicles, a 2008 MINI Cooper and a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Luckily, both were taken care of to my satisfaction (and I'm picky!). It was scary for me, too since I didn't notice the issues until arriving home from the dealerships. You would think "once bitten, twice shy," right? Cannot be too careful. I'm glad you found it early on. I hope yours is remedied quickly and completely.
Sponsored

Just Ice

Wildtrak
First Name
Jessica Justice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, definitely inspect everything before taking delivery.

Mine arrived with a ding in the hood. They did paintless dent removal on it. The ding is gone but the paint on the bottom of the hood was scraped off by the PDR tools leaving bare metal. The manager said they wouldn’t paint it, either take it as is or you don’t get a Bronco. I honestly think they wanted me to walk so they could sell it to someone else for over MSRP.

@Ford Motor Company

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy F$@k - Between the delivery delays and not knowing where many of our Broncos are with shipping delays, makes you wonder how many Broncos have damage not told to us by the railcar transport. FML - Is it worth it?? Last thing I want is my 2 year 2 month wait to further have worries of hidden damage… guess we will see in a few possible weeks…

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree inspection at delivery AND every new or used vehicle I get as soon as possible I do a full detailing. What better way to inspect and know every inch of your new car, truck or motorcycle then by touching every part and when you're done it's well protected and ready for duty.

Even when brand new and shiny from the dealership and "hopefully" waxed, it's nice to be sure that it's protected and it's way easier to detail when it's clean anyway.

Wheels get curb rash by shippers and porters, so check them too; small hairline scratches that if a little dirty can be hard to see, use feel and touch. Check entire wheel, not just the rim/edge
Sponsored

Last edited: