Sponsored

Manny tranny owners, would you do it again?

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A manual 2 door 4x4 (non-pickup) new from the factory….waited like half my life for this. I love it!! Rare breed indeed!
That's what my 2011 MT FJ Cruiser is! MT Bronco is my next vehicle.
Sponsored

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad to hear these positive responses regarding the manual transmission. I’m hoping to eventually get back into another Bronco, but this time it will be a manual equipped Bronco. After only owning cars with manual transmissions for over two decades, for some reason I ordered my Bronco with the 2.7 and auto and sold my ‘21 Honda Civic Type R. While the 2.7 had tons of power, I soon missed the joy of driving a manual transmission. So after a year of owning my Bronco I sold it and purchased a new 4wd with a manual, a Toyota GR Corolla Circuit Edition haha. I love the driving experience and its manual transmission is absolute perfection, but I feel the manual Bronco might be the sweet spot for me. Had I known how great the Bronco is to drive even on paved roads, I would’ve ordered my first one with the manual and the 2.3. But I’m hoping to fix that mistake and hopefully next year get into a 2025 with 3 pedals.

Does anyone know if Ford has fixed the known issues with the manual by now or is this still occurring in the 2024 models?
There's another thread about MT issues on this website.

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, but during the first month of owning it I would have said no. I had the grinding noise, which drove me crazy. I also thought it was a little underpowered until I added sport mode. I now have a new transmission with no noise and I installed a pedal commander and it's fantastic! Slightly off topic, but I was bummed about the lack of a manual hand brake (e-brake)...those are fun too :)
Manual handbrake a must for hill ascents. I must be old!

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2022 base 4-cyl with the manny tranny. Other than the occasional grinding on cold mornings and notchy shifting, I'm still glad I got it. I'm wondering what other owners think (besides those who have had the grinding issues that are well documented)?
Love it. An automatic would completely destroy the character of this vehicle. (For the record my wife and I are both in our late 50's and neither of us has ever owned anything with an automatic so we are biased observers.)

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wait, the new electronic brake with hill hold is there new manual brake, right?

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a '21 MT BL with no issues.

Would I do it again?

I now have a '23 MT BL with no issues.

yes.

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. 1 week in.. Getting older my Jeep would start making my knee sore from pushing in that clutch all the way in with the spring pressing back. this is softer, smoother and had no issues after this weekend wheeling. :giggle: Descent control is nice! Bronco has so many easy buttons.... I didnt know about the auto-RPM-blip on takeoff until watching this: if you want more cool reasons to get a MT :rockon:

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a heartbeat

If it's not manual, I don't want it. A car without a manual is an otherwise perfect girl with no personality and a stuffed bra/padded underwear

Sponsored

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those are real nice! what color you thinking? I have a heritage so for me the simple white made sense
I have a CO 2DR so I was thinking the orange but I really like the more traditional white?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have zero interest in an automatic Bronco and the only reason I bought it is because I could get a 2 Door Manual. I also have a manual STi and M2. Automatic cars are just transportation to me. Add a manual and it becomes more. Save the Manuals! lol

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep, would absolutely order again but I have a late '23 so they had it figured out by then; no issues, no grinding!
I wouldn't bet on that. Mine 2-dr manual was built in Feb of '24 and the transmission has a revision level code of -AC. Apparently, the revision level for the latest updated transmission is now at Rev E. So no telling how many updates mine (and probably yours) is missing.

IMG_9535.jpeg

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait, the new electronic brake with hill hold is there new manual brake, right?
For what it's worth, the electronic handbrake will do the same job as a manual one in this scenario. You just have to engage the parking brake, and it automatically releases when it senses forward motion / clutch bite. This is in addition to the hill holder feature that works automatically behind the scene.
Sponsored