Sponsored

Manual Transmission Repair- Did I pick the wrong dealer?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve always had success just using a typical brake flush machine to pressure bleed it at the master, while also vacuum bleeding it at the bleeder.

However, this thing does look interesting and seems like it would make the job much easier. Just hard to justify the $380 price tag. Maybe I can talk management into one.
What sort of improved functionality does this sort of more difficult to bleed clutch provide the user? Compared to older clutch mechanisms (which I have bled with relatively little effort or special tools). Is it that much better in terms of the user experience, meriting the more difficult and expensive procedures to service?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What sort of improved functionality does this sort of more difficult to bleed clutch provide the user? Compared to older clutch mechanisms (which I have bled with relatively little effort or special tools). Is it that much better in terms of the user experience, meriting the more difficult and expensive procedures to service?
There is no difference at all in terms of functionality

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its like the 4g Ranger one. If you have ever done one of those you will understand

Drubino

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought my 2023 MT Big Bend/Sasquatch on October 9, 2023….it had about 7k miles on it…..Drove it home- the next day I heard what I thought was a “brushing sound” turns out it’s “ROTATIONAL SCRAPING” caused by worn? Defective? Synchronizing Rings???? OMG it’s nearly a brand new vehicle!!!!! Dealer has had it since last Monday October 23- after reading these threads I guess I should be grateful the dealer and transmission tech are being super accommodating including a loaner car….parts ordered, transmission “re-built” and I should have my truck back this week……I’m just wondering- how does this happen?????????? It’s barely used….how is it a barely driven vehicle needs a rebuilt transmission???????

so glad I found this thread….super helpful!!!!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought my 2023 MT Big Bend/Sasquatch on October 9, 2023….it had about 7k miles on it…..Drove it home- the next day I heard what I thought was a “brushing sound” turns out it’s “ROTATIONAL SCRAPING” caused by worn? Defective? Synchronizing Rings???? OMG it’s nearly a brand new vehicle!!!!! Dealer has had it since last Monday October 23- after reading these threads I guess I should be grateful the dealer and transmission tech are being super accommodating including a loaner car….parts ordered, transmission “re-built” and I should have my truck back this week……I’m just wondering- how does this happen?????????? It’s barely used….how is it a barely driven vehicle needs a rebuilt transmission???????

There are several other threads on the forum discussing this. Just search Manual Transmission noise.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-transmission-scraping-noise-grinding-sound.33282/

OP
OP
FloridaBurgBronco

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess, it is Chinese built, they still don't have the knowledge to build things to last, even after all the theft of intellectual property they have done. I think for a time, vehicles/engines were getting better and better and now since we outsource SO much, we are seeing the result. Having said that, I've had it back nearly 2 months and 2000 miles and all is good. Because there were other threads where once back, it happened again, but I think they did yet another update after the first repair parts for the repair didn't work out and hopefully it's all good now. Beyond that, I love the manual, it's been fun to drive.
Sponsored