Sponsored

Adaptive learning in a MANUAL transmission.

philagust

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if it’s possible to have an ‘adaptive learning’ manual transmission that can be ‘reset’ in a similar fashion as a manual transmission?

On the bronco, clearly.

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

philagust

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correction: in a similar fashion as an AUTOMATIC transmission.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You control the shift points... what can a manual transmission learn? Its you that needs to change how you drive.

As far as Rev Matching goes, that should be bang on every time since its a calculated and known rpm...

Im not to sure what else you could be asking here. GOAT modes are mostly fuel, boost and throttle mapping... the ECM will learn, trim and adjust what it needs to to run healthy and safely...

OP
OP

philagust

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a service tech try and tell me they ‘reset’ the adaptive learning on the manual transmission.

I asked for an explanation being that manual means, well, just that, by hand. It can’t learn anything.

The services advisor insisted it was reset and that it’s a thing. I don’t buy it for a second, which is why I’m looking for an expert answers on the matter.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right - Both of them are jerking your chain or don't know what they are doing - Best thing is to find a new service provider.
Manual trans has few, if any, sensors - Oil temp, gear position, if you're lucky....they just don't need them. YOU are the "adaptive learner".
Sponsored