First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried the BG, no change. Currently have RedLine MT-LV in there. Was quiet all summer but now that temps have dropped the rattle has come back. Shifts so smooth though, have not done anything else yet. I doubt any light weight fluid similar to stock will make any noticeable difference.
Thanks! On my third transmission, the last one the AB version, was replaced a few months ago, noise has returned. I am extremely disappointed!
Sponsored

SWLABRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While we’re on the topic of gear oil…what about the rear diff? I’m about to change mine…I got a bottle of the Motorcraft…but a happy to be educated.
Amsoil 80w90 in the front. 75w90 in the rear. Amsoil ATF in the Tranfer case. Just did wife's Bronco and my F150.

aglpk.jpg

svg-pk.jpg

atlpk.jpg

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Amsoil 80w90 in the front. 75w90 in the rear. Amsoil ATF in the Tranfer case. Just did wife's Bronco and my F150.

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Fluid Garbage atlpk

I used Amsoil on mine but elected to use 75W-110. Kind of a middle weight between the recommendations from Ford and Dana.

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I now have 500 miles on BG Synchro Shift II that I put in after break in. The "noise" continues to be less obvious even when cold, and shifts continue to be very smooth even on 20 degree F cold mornings up here. I am hoping to buy myself some time until Ford can come up with a more permanent MT fix.....

'23 MT w/ AA Transmission built in February.

I changed out the original MT fluid ay approximately 1700 miles because I had "the noise" in my AA transmission from new. I replaced the original fluid with BG Syncro Shift II.

I am pleased to report that I just turned over 19,000 miles on the BG Syncro Shift II fluid, and am very pleased. "The Noise" has not gotten any worse, and shifting and "feel" are excellent in the MT88. The BG Syncro Shift II works great in the cold temps that I've used it in so far (down to around 5 degrees F). I am pleased so far with this fluid. I will likely replace it again when I hit 25,000 miles.

FYI- I do qualify as severe duty. I tow 3000-5000 miles every year, and my Bronco is in 4WD all winter up here which is generally 3-4 months straight since our roads up here are never generally clear (well except this year).

If anyone is on the fence on this fluid, I'd highly recommend it. It works as well in the MT88 as it did in the MT82.
Sponsored