Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone bought or seen this mesh bimini top before?

Amazon.com: MasterTop Bronco Sunshade Mesh Top - Fits Ford Bronco 4-Door 2021-2023 - Ford Bronco Soft Top Ford Bronco Sun Shade Bronco Bimini Top Bronco Mesh Top Ford Sunshade Bronco Bimini 4 Door (Black) : Automotive

Based on the price, it falls in the cheap category and not comparable to a JTop, but I actually like the cheap ones for a few different reasons compared to the JTop. However, this top seems suspect for a few reasons:

- No reviews on Amazon (maybe it's new?)
- Not on MasterTop's website, and their website is outdated by advertising "New Products for Spring & Summer 2020"
- The Amazon link states the mesh top can stay installed with the hardtop still on, but based on the photos it seems to be missing some more slits/openings to actually access the hard top levers/locks. Also, the image in the Amazon link that states it works with a hard top staying installed is actually a Jeep front two Freedom Panel image.

Anyway, I'm interested in this product, and can easily just buy it and return it from Amazon if it sucks, but looking for feedback first.

Thank You
Sponsored

mikemac58

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the same. I posted a question on Amazon to see if I get any response

Maize27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I kind of accidentally bought this (put it in the cart and wife bought it before I could look at it further). Haven't installed yet but the directions are Bronco specific and have pictures of the Bimini being installed on a Bronco. The directions also talk about how to install the hard top while keeping the Bimini on. Going to try and put it on this weekend depending on the weather. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I kind of accidentally bought this (put it in the cart and wife bought it before I could look at it further). Haven't installed yet but the directions are Bronco specific and have pictures of the Bimini being installed on a Bronco. The directions also talk about how to install the hard top while keeping the Bimini on. Going to try and put it on this weekend depending on the weather. We'll see how it goes.
So I did end up buying it too. And already returned it. While it does have enough access ports to leave it on and access the hard top knobs, which is good, it blew around too much on the highway and the rear buckles were smacking on the top roll bar too much and making way too much noise. Going back to my other cheap one that actually made less wind noise.

Maize27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I did end up buying it too. And already returned it. While it does have enough access ports to leave it on and access the hard top knobs, which is good, it blew around too much on the highway and the rear buckles were smacking on the top roll bar too much and making way too much noise. Going back to my other cheap one that actually made less wind noise.
Well that sucks. Maybe I'll send it back before I even install it. Thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored