Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bad Bronco one is literally a gearshade with custom print that they are up charging (has the gearshade tag and everything). You can still get the gearshade with a custom print for cheaper then they are selling the bad bronco one for.

Just go with a gearshade.
https://www.gearshade.com/product/4-door-bronco-mesh-top/

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the bestop one. Very happy. I wish I didnā€™t have to redo the front snaps when flipping the soft top back but Iā€™ve gotten good at it

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to go with Best Top. It looks like a cleaner, tighter fit. Waiting for more reviews, particularly if there flapping and at Hwy speeds.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the bestop one. Very happy. I wish I didnā€™t have to redo the front snaps when flipping the soft top back but Iā€™ve gotten good at it
How does it do on the highway. Unfortunately that's mainly what I have to drive. I want one that doesn't flap around on the highway.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does it do on the highway. Unfortunately that's mainly what I have to drive. I want one that doesn't flap around on the highway.
We have the GearShade, with a soft top. With the forward section of the roof flipped back (exposing all 4 seats) there is no flapping at all on the freeway. And itā€™s surprisingly not uncomfortably loud.

Iā€™ve only seen pictures of the Bestop mesh, but I canā€™t imagine it being any more taut than the GearShadeā€¦

Reactions: Cat

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have the GearShade, with a soft top. With the forward section of the roof flipped back (exposing all 4 seats) there is no flapping at all on the freeway. And itā€™s surprisingly not uncomfortably loud.

Iā€™ve only seen pictures of the Bestop mesh, but I canā€™t imagine it being any more taut than the GearShadeā€¦
I've heard the bestop flops around a lot. It looks loose in photos AND has lots of things that disrupt the view going across unlike the gearshade which is nice and smooth.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The gear shade does look like a better quality shade, but I am NOT drilling into the latches to install it.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've heard the bestop flops around a lot. It looks loose in photos AND has lots of things that disrupt the view going across unlike the gearshade which is nice and smooth.
Just looking at it I would think it does.

I'm thinking about a gearshade in white. Think it might stay a little cooler than black. Not sure if Iā€™ll notice the difference.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have and just installed my bestop (ford branded that came with my bronco) today. Are putting it on a soft or hard top? The best top one has zippers that I can only imagine are to access the hard top latches. So it can stay in place with the top up easily. I wonā€™t know about flapping for a little while. I do have a backup plan if it flaps( Iā€™ll add the bungies to the sides like the other brand has). Mine would be more taught at the rear but I didnā€™t like the way the instructions say to wrap around the outside of the roll bar. Iā€™m hoping when the weather warms up the front will relax. It took maybe 15 minutes to put on. Could be done in well under 10 min now that I know the layout.
Ford Bronco Mesh sunshade : Bestop vs. Badbronco? 4C8767C1-F985-4B0D-A526-EC2EFEC82852

14AD4BDE-9356-45C2-AB95-2E0871A0BF04.jpeg

Last edited:

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have and just installed my bestop (ford branded that came with my bronco) today. Are putting it on a soft or hard top? The best top one has zippers that I can only imagine are to access the hard top latches. So it can stay in place with the top up easily. I wonā€™t know about flapping for a little while. I do have a backup plan if it flaps( Iā€™ll add the bungies to the sides like the other brand has). Mine would be more taught at the rear but I didnā€™t like the way the instructions say to wrap around the outside of the roll bar. Iā€™m hoping when the weather warms up the front will relax. It took maybe 15 minutes to put on. Could be done in well under 10 min now that I know the layout.
Ford Bronco Mesh sunshade : Bestop vs. Badbronco? 14AD4BDE-9356-45C2-AB95-2E0871A0BF04
View attachment 272855
The straps on the rear corner should be attached to the lower bolt on your rear speaker. That will improve the stretch on the rear side.
Sponsored