Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The straps on the rear corner should be attached to the lower bolt on your rear speaker. That will improve the stretch on the rear side.

Yeah, those straps go around and under to the bottom bolt of the speaker to pull from the corner.
Mine does flap some at highway speeds. More with a crosswind. It's really not bad. Not a whole lot louder than with the MIC top on. I took my hard top off a couple weeks after I got mine and just go with the Bestop. Get's cool below freezing, but I got it to have the top off. I'm happy with the bestop, but mine is on a 2dr and the 4dr may flap around more, IDK?
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, those straps go around and under to the bottom bolt of the speaker to pull from the corner.
Mine does flap some at highway speeds. More with a crosswind. It's really not bad. Not a whole lot louder than with the MIC top on. I took my hard top off a couple weeks after I got mine and just go with the Bestop. Get's cool below freezing, but I got it to have the top off. I'm happy with the bestop, but mine is on a 2dr and the 4dr may flap around more, IDK?
I have the bestop in the 4 doors and doesn't flap that much, of course, I have everything stretched as much as possible.

I haven't tried it on the highway yet, but I've been without doors and topless at 55mph. It's really fun but I was more worried about the floor mats than the shade.

By away, if you have kids and they use booster, always remember to strap down those boosters because it will fly away!😬

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drive mine up to 80mph and it seems to reach the most flapping around 55-60mph. I've got it tight and the flapping doesn't bother me, but it is there. Maybe I could adjust and get less, but it's not enough to be an issue. I think it would have to be quite a bit thicker or heavier to get rid of all flapping.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestop with all those zippers and the cross bar is just a no go for me, just ugly and I don't need zippers up there. And certainly will not install a cross bar, one of the main selling points of the Bronco to me is that there's no "sports" bar across.

Gearshade looks ok, but I don't care for the solid triangles up front, where I'd want to look up and NOT see something solid. They sell it as storage pockets, I can't imagine a thing I'd want to store there. Guessing they're there for strength and reinforcement. Wasn't aware that you have to drill for them, that's a hard pass from me anyway.
Waiting for a full mesh front to back no zippers or cross bars option. I can wait.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd buy into the gearshade if it wasn't for drilling into my hardtop latches. That's a hard pass for me.
Same. Voids the warranty, too.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The straps on the rear corner should be attached to the lower bolt on your rear speaker. That will improve the stretch on the rear side.
I know but I don’t like the looks of how the straps were routed bolted there.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The gear shade does look like a better quality shade, but I am NOT drilling into the latches to install it.
Assuming you have a hard top (I will too). You can get the GearShade soft top version, and when replacing the hardtop, simply undo the area to relatch, then refasten the Gearshade.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know but I don’t like the looks of how the straps were routed bolted there.
Your top doesn't lay flat because of it. I'd guess it's flapping more than normal due to not being pulled tight in the corner.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your top doesn't lay flat because of it. I'd guess it's flapping more than normal due to not being pulled tight in the corner.
Havent had any flapping yet because it hasn’t been warm enough 😂. The part that doesn’t lay flat is the front where they packed it in the box folded up. I noticed it when I put it in yesterday and you are correct around the bar would pull the rear more taught. But I think the strap looks ugly as heck on the outside of the bar. So if I can tolerate it I want the cleaner look. If it’s horrible I’ll change it or take it off.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m waiting for SpiderWebShade to finish their Bronco design. Had a JKUR years ago and enjoyed their product. Easy on and easy off.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those worried about drilling your latches (hard top) for a gearshade…it’s literally 2 tiny screws per latch. You can remove or replace them later on if you don’t like. It doesn’t damage functionality of latches. As a matter of fact i found that it’s easier to twist the latches with the Allen key. Worth it in my opinion to have the top open and not burning my head from the ☀Also if you can reach the center latches from the side, you technically don’t even have to drill. Loosen the side bungees and reach?

83769DD7-A128-45EE-A579-32BF2099A596.jpeg

99E4FECB-F7AF-463B-87C0-67B84787F652.jpeg

2E409E78-9225-4A2C-9F1A-B0690943C4D4.jpeg

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But those 2 little screws will be enough for them to void a warranty if something ever happens to the hard top. I'm waiting on spiderweb shade to see what they come up with. I had one on my gladiator and loved it.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But those 2 little screws will be enough for them to void a warranty if something ever happens to the hard top. I'm waiting on spiderweb shade to see what they come up with. I had one on my gladiator and loved it.
I don’t have a hard top but could see the concern.

It doesn't look that bad to me.

E90380CC-6E2D-484E-988C-12054EB83664.jpeg
does it seem to help? Not that I’m opposed to wearing a hat but I can’t stand sunglasses lol.
Sponsored