First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With temperatures finally coming down in south Louisiana, I was really looking forward to running topless but having some protection, all pretty cheap. I found a really cheap mesh bimini on amazon that had a coupon so it was $35 when I bought it. I also got the Mastertop 5 Layer Cab Cover for $100. I took the top off on Thursday and have been driving it every day since topless and just throwing the cab cover on at night (I park out front on the street because my wife parks in the carport off the back alley).

Ford Bronco Cheap Amazon Mesh Bimini & Mastertop Cab Cover PXL_20230928_215230316
Ford Bronco Cheap Amazon Mesh Bimini & Mastertop Cab Cover PXL_20230930_121651121

Bimini:

I really wasn't expecting much for $35, but it works pretty well. There isn't any slapping against the frame because there is a couple inch gap all the way around (except at the rollbar). It flaps a bit in the middle, especially at high speeds but not terrible. (I have the white IAG bug deflector installed so can't confirm or deny if that has any effect). Surprisingly provides a good bit of relief from the sun, even for the baby in the backseat. I never got in and thought the MGV seats were overly hot even after being in direct sunlight all day. Install wasn't bad, just followed the diagram on the single page of instructions and really had to pull on some of the bungees to get them in place.

The front corners show a bit of waving in the mesh so its not 100% taut in all directions and you can clearly see where the folds were during shipping if you look at it from the top but....it was $35.

Ford Bronco Cheap Amazon Mesh Bimini & Mastertop Cab Cover PXL_20231001_154749367

This video start at ~50mph then accelerates and holds at ~75mph

Mastertop:

The cab cover works well, just had to have some patience and after a few on/offs I got the hang of it. Its designed to go over the folded in front mirrors so you can run a cable between the two grommets in front of the rear wheels and lock it. In theory this would make it really difficult to remove without cutting but I haven't tested that. I didn't get this for security as much as to protect it from critters or pop up storms when its parked. It stays in place using plastic hooks with adjustable nylon straps that are mean to hook onto the bottom of the tailgate, the body panel seam under the doors and on the frame behind the rear wheel. If you have factory rock sliders like me or steps, keep in mind this needs to go under any of these for the hooks to secure properly. Haven't tested its waterproof claim yet because it has been really dry lately. Overall happy with it, I can install it and remove it in under 5 minutes. I fold it up from either side onto the roof then stand in the cargo area and roll it up really tight so it fits in the provided storage bag.

Ford Bronco Cheap Amazon Mesh Bimini & Mastertop Cab Cover PXL_20230929_021133713

Ford Bronco Cheap Amazon Mesh Bimini & Mastertop Cab Cover PXL_20230929_021154242

PXL_20230928_005527893.jpg
Sponsored