Sponsored

Quick Solid (NON-Mesh) Bimini/Bikini Cover ?

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

I'm still searching around for a NON-Mesh Bimini/Bikini top to quickly throw on the Bronco if caught out in the Rain.

Essentially, in the event I am out and about with the hardtop off ( including no rear shell ), I'd like to be able to quickly throw a solid light weight canvas like cover that can easily be folded/rolled up stored inside the cargo area.

I already have Mabett's Mesh Bimini which is great for the shade, however I'd like an identical form factor / light weigh solid top for rain purposes, so I can still drive 15 - 30 mins back home until rain stops without drenching the inside. Additionally, I also picked up the Broncover raincover which is also awesome while stationary /parked/storing, however I obviously cannot drive with it.

I know Ford sells essentially what I'm looking for ( linked below ) however, fairly pricey / not reviewed well ( flapping, etc. ) and it has an annoyingly several inch gap on the front where attached to the top of the windshield / above the visors, which wouldn't be ideal getting rained on over the dash while driving.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bimini-top-soft-canvas-for-4-door

Anyone know of a product available that fits these requirements / needs ( particularly 4 door ) ?

Thoughts ?
Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. As far as I know, the product you are describing doesn't exist in the market yet.

Tapatio55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would try a marine custom cover maker for boats. They are a bit pricey in the northeast but may be cheaper down by you.

Geneblakeney

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the solid from ford. Same issues. Big gap in front. Install is way too complicated. Have to remove bolts from speakers to install. Have to bolt in support bar. Looking for something that would keep out some rain that is quick to install.

cricketeggs

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the solid from ford. Same issues. Big gap in front. Install is way too complicated. Have to remove bolts from speakers to install. Have to bolt in support bar. Looking for something that would keep out some rain that is quick to install.
I don't think I'd mind the install part, but what I'm more concerned with is if it makes hard top removal and reinstallation more difficult once installed. Can you easily get to the latches with the canvas Bimini under the roof? I'm in TX so need something solid to block the sun but let some fresh air in.

Would be amazing if someone would make a mesh one with a zip on/of solid panel. I can dream...

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think I'd mind the install part, but what I'm more concerned with is if it makes hard top removal and reinstallation more difficult once installed. Can you easily get to the latches with the canvas Bimini under the roof? I'm in TX so need something solid to block the sun but let some fresh air in.

Would be amazing if someone would make a mesh one with a zip on/of solid panel. I can dream...
The zip on/off panel will flap.

The Gearshades with the zipper pockets in the corners flap, as they are dual-layer in their pockets.

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been searching for exactly this product for a long time and haven't been able to find anything. Ideally the it would have a solid component with hardware that enabled it to lock in to the front backets that the hardtop front panels lock in to. Then it would go all the way back to the spare tire. I don't understand why this would be hard to make and why it doesn't exist for people who won't want a permanently installed retractable soft top. I could care less about flapping. I just want it for the exact same purpose, to save me when I forget to check the weather or the forecast isn't accurate . If/when you come across this please post. The Ford product that you linked to isn't really what you want as it does have a gap in front and doesn't cover the rear cargo/speakers.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is in prototype.... a quick "emergency cover".

However not to drive with, just to protect during camping and such.

Yes, you should care about flapping as it will rip the @#$@$ out of your paint.

If you want something to drive with, the issue will be that back section, you need to hold it so tight as you drive, it really needs to be hard mounted or have some sort of frame to it to bold to the bolt holes. The transition from the back door to the trunk area will be tough.

I suppose you could wrap something into the interior and then close the rear door on it to make that seal, but then the flapping on the rear quarter panel will be killer for your paint.

At this point, what you are looking for is called "the soft top" :(

Ford Bronco Quick Solid (NON-Mesh) Bimini/Bikini Cover ? 1678118263149
Sponsored