First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2 door, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in Las Vegas and was wondering what type of top to get. I have a 2 door hard top. Driving around with doors on and top panels removed is so much fun, but I certainly need something to stop the direct sunlight. What are most of you using? I want a mesh but don't want it too bright. But then again a solid top there is no ambient light.

Has anyone tried both?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have anything for the Bronco yet, but for my Wrangler I went mesh. It blocks a ton of light, yet still gives you that feeling of open air because you get sunlight and wind through it.

Now admittedly, with the Bronco it's a much larger area (at least in the four-door) But to me putting a solid top on kind of defeats the purpose unless you are trying to keep rain out.

And again I don't know about the Broncos specific, but with my Wrangler my mesh stays on even when I put the freedom panels back in. So the mesh allows me to actually see through them and I can use that area for storage (light items of course)

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went mesh over solid canvas. I still wanted it to seem open air. Plus the mesh allows air to pass through more, for more breeze and less flapping.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have neither. But getting mesh for reasons stated. I also want a solid insulated style from dirty dog. For a few reasons. Less noise on long trips as it supposedly cuts down in noise. And want to see if it helps with 97 degree heat this summer in FL. Not so much that it has a high R value but it might block a little bit more heat when idle and no cooling effect of air flow over the OEM top when driving.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went mesh over solid canvas. I still wanted it to seem open air. Plus the mesh allows air to pass through more, for more breeze and less flapping.
LOL bro, for a second, I read it as you installed a mesh top over a solid top, I was straching my head like, why the hell would one do such a thing, man, I have been at work to long today and need to go home 🍻

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mesh
- no Bimini is protecting you from rain.
- mesh gives you sun protection and airflow for ventilation in the heat

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL bro, for a second, I read it as you installed a mesh top over a solid top, I was straching my head like, why the hell would one do such a thing, man, I have been at work to long today and need to go home 🍻
Haha. Totally can see why you would think that. Guess it could be interpreted differently, lol. You know what I meant now.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Had both for my D90. Used the solid almost all the time. I never used the full top, like ever. I got caught in enough popup thunderstorms in Texas to learn. I'll still get wet but with a solid top at least I'm not completely soaked through nor is all the stuff I'm carrying. Haven't made the decision on the Bronco. Likely go mesh as if rain looks imminent I can pop the front panels on pretty quick.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mesh - I have the gear shade installed and leave it in all the time. Also a hat of some sort as I'm folicly challenged on top!
Sponsored