Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks good! How did you do your top white? I'm making my own "partial" heritage too!
PXL_20230413_204140772.jpg

What he said 👆

Beautiful rig btw!
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Bronco, really do, but I'm going to need a few more shots of your model train layout. Guessing you've got a garden railway if you've got locomotives parked in the garage like that.

Also, do you have any car carriers with little Broncos in them? 🤣

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels 1683919593438

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went down a similar path, but with some differences:
Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels tempImageT8I107

I ordered the OEM Heritage grille and FORD letters. The grille comes primed and the letters are painted red. I painted the grille white with Cactus Grey on the surround.

I had my shop do the side stripes at the same time I had PPF and window tinting done. There's a Ford OEM part for that, but it was more expensive and I would have had to wait for it.

My wheels are the 1552s as well, but I don't like the center caps. I'm looking into a way of filling them in so that I can cover them with probably a Bronco horse logo or something. Right now, I'm running without the caps at all, as that's at least better than with the caps IMO.

I actually downsized my tires by an inch so that I could get tires that would be slightly better for street use, hoping maybe that might return a little gas mileage as well. I swap the wheels out for the OEM wheels and KO2s when I go off-roading.

I had my top wrapped. Ultimately, I chose wrapping because it could be undone and if by chance I had an issue with the hard top, I didn't want a warranty claim denied because of painting or Line-X.

OPs mirror caps and door handle covers are interesting. But I'm not sure if that will leave me with too little of the dark grey plastic parts that would make the rest kind of stick out. This could be a different decision for each person based on the body color.

Last edited:

Mtrctylarry

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Made my heritage version!

My 2022 Big Bend Bronco delivered April 2022. I was one of the early reservation holders. The new Bronco is named Duke and joins my restored 1978 Bronco XLT called Big Red. I love both trucks.

After the announcement of the Heritage edition I kept in touch with my dealer Bob Ridings Ford in Taylorville Illinois because I was possibly interested in a trade. When order banks opened we revisited ordering a Heritage 2 door in Race Red and my dealer said it was unlikely I would get my order filled.

So my wife suggested I build my own Heritage and make it unique. I contacted my local body shop and had the top and grill painted Oxford white and clear coated. The body shop also painted my mirror covers, door handle covers and the BRONCO grill letters Race Red. To complete the build the wheels were purchased from Discount tire, and they mounted my Sasquatch tires on the new wheels.

Here are my modifications:
Front Rokbloz mudflaps
Tire Cover
Wheels from Discount Tire
Mirror and Door Handle covers from eBay
Bronco running boards from Ford
Hood struts
Painted top and Grill

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels tempImageT8I107

You might want send those to FoMoCo...They could use someone to show them how to build the Heritage Models!!!! Very Nice Job!

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Stripe was a Red Line product, forgot to put that on the build list

Sponsored

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also interested in what you did with Roof. I have done all of the other work myself to get my HPR Badlands close to what I want but the roof is more challenging then I think I want to tackle. Any details from you would be appreciated.

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels 20230505_110959

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels 20230505_110943

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, looks great, very well done, cool wife too!

jmeisner92

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks awesome! I’m near Champaign and travel through Taylorville to see family in Hillsboro. Hoping I see your build in the wild on my way through sometime!

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our top and pillars are wrapped not painted. 23 OBX

IMG_1147.jpeg

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made my heritage version!

My 2022 Big Bend Bronco delivered April 2022. I was one of the early reservation holders. The new Bronco is named Duke and joins my restored 1978 Bronco XLT called Big Red. I love both trucks.

After the announcement of the Heritage edition I kept in touch with my dealer Bob Ridings Ford in Taylorville Illinois because I was possibly interested in a trade. When order banks opened we revisited ordering a Heritage 2 door in Race Red and my dealer said it was unlikely I would get my order filled.

So my wife suggested I build my own Heritage and make it unique. I contacted my local body shop and had the top and grill painted Oxford white and clear coated. The body shop also painted my mirror covers, door handle covers and the BRONCO grill letters Race Red. To complete the build the wheels were purchased from Discount tire, and they mounted my Sasquatch tires on the new wheels.

Here are my modifications:
Front Rokbloz mudflaps
Tire Cover
Wheels from Discount Tire
Mirror and Door Handle covers from eBay
Bronco running boards from Ford
Hood struts
Painted top and Grill

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels IMG_8127

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels IMG_8127

I have not seen a 2-Door next to a 78-79 Bronco before. The 2-Door makes the 78 look small!

That's a full size truck! Interesting.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FORD tailgate Letters next?

Painted Fender Flares?

Ford Bronco Meet Duke, my custom heritage version Bronco w/ white painted top, grille and wheels IMG_0642

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen a 2-Door next to a 78-79 Bronco before. The 2-Door makes the 78 look small!

That's a full size truck! Interesting.
There’s a bit of forced perspective going on here, with the 6G much closer to the camera. A 6G next to Gen1 is pretty dramatic, though.

Gen1: 92” wheelbase, 151” length, 68” width
Gen2: 104” wheelbase, 189” length, 79” width
Gen6 2-door: 100” wheelbase, 175” length, 76-79” width
Gen6 4-door: 116” wheelbase, 189” length

Last edited:

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great job to you all. What size tires did you put on your Fifteen52's? And, if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to paint the top? My wheels/tires will be installed in 3 weeks on my 2023 OB..

Grill Bronco.jpg
Sponsored