First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Heritage Builds have proven to be fraught with peril. You’ve beat the odds with this build, as the CO and white bits really go together well. It really highlights Ford’s poor decision to axe this color. It really was a cheat code for the heritage yellow that ford couldn’t seem to allow for the masses or anyone else for that matter. I was never gonna own a CO Bronco, but I sure as hell liked that others could own this color. Again, well done.
Sponsored

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

JChris14

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome! @fifteen52 makes white analog HDs that we have used for some "Heritage Builds" Check them out. Great Build.
I looked at getting some of those, probably will eventually. I’m thinking about sizing up a bit on the tires and they are still more pricey than the paint- which gives the look for much less. At least for now until I decided for sure which tires I want

OP
OP

JChris14

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Yours is a personalized, hybrid Heritage/Badlands. :)

I'm in process of making my Badlands a near-Heritage as well. I've got white wheels which I use as the daily drivers and just swap back to the OEM wheels and KO2s for off-roading. I'm going to have my Heritage grille painted professionally, as I'm going to do the surround in body color (Cactus), the face in white and leave the center in black as seen in the Ford Heritage promo photos. Ford doesn't do the surround part of the grille in body color, so careful eyes will notice that difference. :) The Heritage grille comes with FORD letters in red, and of course, the 6-slot wide grille.

I did the Heritage strip that includes the Bronco script up by the front. The last step will be wrapping the top.

When the Heritage was announced (literally just a few days after I got my VIN), I was disappointed that I was going to miss the opportunity to get it. But after the specs came out, I realized I couldn't get it the way I wanted, anyway. I'd have to try to get a Heritage Limited but would end up with black wheels and Sasquatch and I think leather. The regular Heritage requires Sasquatch and doesn't allow the Badlands features and options, so in the end, converting Badlands into Heritage style was the only way to go.
That was exactly the boat I was in, I really liked the look of the heritage but the badlands is my favorite build and has the best options. I went to the bronco off-roadeo and was really impressed with what the Badlands could do. Plus the limited colors in the heritage was a drawback- and the limited was too pricey for the lack of badlands options. I’m super happy with how it turned out!

Sponsored

Mixtli_offroad

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing... You could've straight up told me it was a Heritage and I would've believed yoU!

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

DIY wrapped, painted grill and beauty rings plus retro pin stripe

Top wrapped with 2080 3M vinyl film. It took my husband and I about 5 hours and was surprisingly simple after we got the hang of the corners. It cost 180 on amazon. The only thing we’ve ever wrapped before was a Christmas present. It turned out really good! The quote we got from the local wrap guy was 1500.

Talked to a powder coat guy about the wheels, but that was going to cost 500, so we just removed the beauty rings and did the same thing we did to the grill.

The grill was the hardest to get just right. We removed the grill, drilled out the letters, sanded and prepped the grill. Sprayed it with gloss automotive paint and finished it with a clear protective coat. The letters we painted red and glued them back with JB weld.

The pinstripe is from underground graphics. It was 90 dollars and took about and hour to install. Getting it perfectly straight is almost impossible. Even with a level….

we removed the Badlands badges, put one under the painted white bronco on the back and the other on my son’s hat. Retro script from Bronco graveyard is on the way.

Thanks for looking! It was a super fun project. I had a 4 dr cactus grey badlands and I switched it out for the 2 dr cyber orange. Really happy about that decision!

Ford Bronco My DIY Bronco heritage build: wrapped white top + painted grille & wheel rings + pinstripes 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition_Race Red_05

Ford Bronco My DIY Bronco heritage build: wrapped white top + painted grille & wheel rings + pinstripes 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition_Race Red_05

🤣 I just posted on another thread that the “heritage” trim can be easily replicated, and better on a DIY base. Well done

Sponsored

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is absolutely wonderful! I'm really digging the cyber orange with the white! Please share more pics, especially some of the rear!

OP
OP

JChris14

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is absolutely wonderful! I'm really digging the cyber orange with the white! Please share more pics, especially some of the rear!
Thanks! It was a really fun project and I totally love the result

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we get some more photos of this build? I'm envious and need the content. :)
Sponsored