Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Long story short-I sold my 2013 SHO to Carvana back the end of June, the same week my Bronco was built on 7/2. I expected some delays with it and could hold out without to the end of this month without any major issues-Wife is working part time or in the afternoons and I'm working remotely and go into work when ever I need to, which is maybe one or twice every couple a months.

However in September, she goes back to work full time and I was supposed to start a hybrid schedule at my job in October.

With the MIC roof issues coming to a head this past week and an expected delivery looking like late October/November, my plans got completely torpedoed.

My plan B was punting on the Bronco till 2023MY and looking at getting a Mach E (my preference) or a Bronco Sport to lease, which would be cheaper and what my wife wants to get to replace her 2017 Escape she has. She would have taken over payments on it and then financed the balloon payment after the lease was up.

While this was happening, my brother in law was in the process of getting a Tesla 3 Performance-he missed his opportunity to get one a few months ago, but finally got one nailed down to pickup yesterday.

So my wife said, oh is your brother in law trading in his car (a 2010 Fusion Hybrid with 215K) on it? I said I'm not sure and I didn't think he could because of tesla's dealershipless model they use. I send a text yesterday morning to my sister and find out that they are and are only getting a $1000 for it...so I make the offer to buy it off them and I'll just trade it in when the Bronco comes in.

So I'm set for a car till the Bronco finally shows up and I'm happy (been with out my own car for almost two months)....but the story doesn't end there.

My sister is having family over last night, and gets into a rush...and backs out of her garage, hitting my new to me Fusion hybrid, breaking the lower grill off and doing some decent damage to her 2020 Explorer!

Need less to say my frustration levels are off the charts now because first the Bronco delay and now damage to a car I wasn't planning on having to do anything with just dropped in value because of additional damage.

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

So the end result is I'm getting $100 bucks back and I already found a replacement lower grill on ebay for $60 bucks shipped. The car has some rust damage near the rear wheel wheel I'll take a look at and I'll detail the car when I get it later this week. See if I can polish the turd a bit and maybe make some $$$ on it when I do trade it in or go through Carvana again.
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m sorry this happened to your new Explorer. Good news is that the Fusion you found is a cheap temporary beater.

it always makes me wonder how this type of thing happened. Iā€™m not attacking or ridiculing your wife but there are two park aid backup sensors in the photo. Iā€™d assume it had to have been beeping all the way into the fusion.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it always makes me wonder how this type of thing happened. Iā€™m not belittling your wife but there are two park aid backup sensors in the photo. Iā€™d assume it had to have been beeping all the way into the fusion.
Actually it was my sister who backed her Explorer into it...this was my brother in laws old car.

Apparently the angle she came in on with being in a rush she didn't see or hear it.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Actually it was my sister who backed her Explorer into it...this was my brother in laws old car.

Apparently the angle she came in on with being in a rush she didn't see or hear it.
ah I see. Well the other good news is at least nobody crashed your new Bronco!

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ah I see. Well the other good news is at least nobody crashed your new Bronco!
I'm waiting on mother nature to finish them off in the dirt lot at MAP LOL
Sponsored