Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang it, was hoping I wouldn’t need to get covers, but maybe I’ll rethink that.

May look into some vinyl conditioner or something to protect and keep from drying.

Sucks for sure.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May look into some vinyl conditioner or something to protect and keep from drying.
Aerospace 303 was literally made for use on vinyl on boats. It's super popular in the automotive industry as well. I use it on EVERYTHING plastic or rubber and my seats. It's kept my previous cars looking brand new for years.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve 20k on my Black Diamond and my seats do not have this issue

Warranty!!

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume that this is the “entry” edge of the drivers seat. This area always becomes the first “wear problem“ to show up. Some vehicles are easy to enter and others are not. Vehicles that are hard to enter always have increasing the wear on the entry side of the driver’s seat. Every vehicle I’ve opened anyway… leather, vinyl, whatever.

When entering the Bronco, I try to get up and over this area (bolster?) without sliding across it with my full body weight. I’m fairly tall and I can see that this would be a problem if not impossible for many drivers.

Like yours, my Bronco also has 20,000 miles on it and my MGV seats still look brand new. Most of my drives have been longer miles however, which results in many less entries and exits.

Not pointing any fingers here, but looks like normal wear and tear to me.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can not slide in and out or this happens. You have to get ass off the seat and step in or out. Use the handle or steering wheel to lift yourself up some. My Ford work van seat was destroyed at 35k miles. I slide out with full weight over that edge.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume that this is the “entry” edge of the drivers seat. This area always becomes the first “wear problem“ to show up. Some vehicles are easy to enter and others are not. Vehicles that are hard to enter always have increasing the wear on the entry side of the driver’s seat. Every vehicle I’ve opened anyway… leather, vinyl, whatever.

When entering the Bronco, I try to get up and over this area (bolster?) without sliding across it with my full body weight. I’m fairly tall and I can see that this would be a problem if not impossible for many drivers.

Like yours, my Bronco also has 20,000 miles on it and my MGV seats still look brand new. Most of my drives have been longer miles however, which results in many less entries and exits.

Not pointing any fingers here, but looks like normal wear and tear to me.
31K miles on MGV w/ no issues. Your logic makes sense.

OP
OP
62chad

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to not slide when you are 5 inches taller than stock. Gonna give the warranty a go. We'll see.

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the Broncos you really need a rock rail or step to get in and out without scuffing up the rocker panel area.
We could always tell the neophyte mudders because when they slide their ass off the seat. They kick off the rocker panel with the back of their calves and get a mud skid mark

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to not slide when you are 5 inches taller than stock. Gonna give the warranty a go. We'll see.
My advice:

If you go to Ford first, it’s just going to piss you off.

Why not go to a reputable auto upholstery shop and get a quote to fix and also their OPINION as to the underlying cause of the damage. My personal mechanic offers this advice without question. If the upholstery shop thinks it’s a factory fault, pay them to put it in writing for you and then go to Ford with some legitimate documentation that you can escalate if required.

Don’t go to your dealer with nothing, only to be embarrassed by them and end off feeling cheated. It’s not worth it.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Luck with Ford on that one! looks like "cuts" to me. Just saying.

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry bud. That's one of the reasons I went with the cloth. If actual quality leather isn't an option, than cloth is my next choice.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They replaced mine under warranty. I had cracks along the side. New one is a bit looser fitting. Wonder if that will make a difference in the long run.

Ford Bronco MGV 20k miles tears forming in seat IMG_2790
Sponsored