Sponsored

MGV Headrests: Any aftermarket options to fix?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, they are sold individually. I might buy another for the passenger side eventually if the visual non-symmetry bothers me, but I rarely sit over there and my partner has no complaints about the headrest, so it isn't at the top of the priority list.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would you want your head rest
adjusted forward like that.

it’s suppose to keep you from getting whiplash in an accident not causing severing your spinal column at
I find it very comfortable. I guess if it could cause issues ford wouldn’t have designed it to go in that position.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also did this. Ordered a first edition headrest so it would be black with no colored stitching to clash with my sandstone interior. Fits in with my big bend with cloth seats perfectly. I have canvas seat covers on my seats, so I didn't bother trying to switch the upholstery to match. Soooo much more comfortable!

Photo has FE leather on the driver's side in a one-click forward position and stock BB cloth non-adjustable on the passenger side.

Part # M2DZ-78611A08-CT

IMG_4984.jpg
Im looking to do this in my Badlands, but when i search for that for number it says "left rear, right rear" https://www.fordpartsonlinewarehouse.com/oem-parts/ford-headrest-m2dz78611a08ct

Is this the one you bought? or can you send me a link? Its the same part number but I just want to double check. Thanks.

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the MGV non-adjustable headrest. Here is a free garage fix. I clamped a board over the top of the supports and carefully performed the "CPR" motion until it was bent to a more reasonable angle. Don't skip arms day or you might have to sit on it and chance eating it on the garage floor. Tread carefully and slowly my friends.

Ford Bronco MGV Headrests: Any aftermarket options to fix? IMG_1578
Ford Bronco MGV Headrests: Any aftermarket options to fix? IMG_1579
Ford Bronco MGV Headrests: Any aftermarket options to fix? IMG_1580

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it is. That is exactly what I did because the headrest was in the completely wrong position for my wife.
how much do the adjustable leather headrests cost? Did you replace both?

rnbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how much do the adjustable leather headrests cost? Did you replace both?
I believe they were about $130 each. And we purchased two but I have only switched the material and installed one so far.

We purchased the leather ones for the Badlands so if the material couldn't be changed the orange stitching would match.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they were about $130 each. And we purchased two but I have only switched the material and installed one so far.

We purchased the leather ones for the Badlands so if the material couldn't be changed the orange stitching would match.
Got it, thank you. So they are visually different enough that you thought it was worth switching the material. Is that tedious, or pretty easy to do? I'm guessing the former based on your only having completed one.

I've been trying to figure out how to bend the MGV headrest posts based on some of the ideas here but it's proving to be a bit of a pain.. thinking Badlands leather headrests might be the way to go.

Sponsored

rnbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, thank you. So they are visually different enough that you thought it was worth switching the material. Is that tedious, or pretty easy to do? I'm guessing the former based on your only having completed one.

I've been trying to figure out how to bend the MGV headrest posts based on some of the ideas here but it's proving to be a bit of a pain.. thinking Badlands leather headrests might be the way to go.
It took about 10 minutes to switch the material, just a slow process fitting the foam back in. They are slightly different shaped foam but works great. I put the leather back on the old headrest too.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It took about 10 minutes to switch the material, just a slow process fitting the foam back in. They are slightly different shaped foam but works great. I put the leather back on the old headrest too.
Got it. Any way you could post a photo of the leather and MGV headrests side by side when you get a chance? Just interested to see how visually different they look.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im Trying to figure out the part number for the leather badlands headrest. Does anyone have it figured out?