First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I'd share a seemingly rare outcome with a MIC top.
Ordered a stretch limo Badlands (4d,ht) with the 3/27 crowd; build week of 5/22, delivered 7/21.

When I went to pick it up the salesman told me right as I walked up that they had already ordered a new top. To say the least I was a bit surprised. He showed me 2 thin scratches across the top and down the driver's side that continued to a very slight dent on the top of the door panel. Frankly I'm not sure I would have noticed it until later had he not pointed it out. Additionally there were a couple more scratches on that side of the top. He said clearly something happened maybe in transit. He said they classified it as a transit incident or words to that affect and it will not appear on any carfax as damaged. I left happy with my new limo.

The top came in and I took the Bronco back. My salesman called later that day and apologized that the "glass guys" couldn't get there until the next morning so just keep the loaner overnight and he'll give me a call next day. So glass guys? I asked. He said Ford sends new tops out without the windows to avoid breaking/damage. And he said they do this as a sort of quality control insurance, requiring the dealer to swap the original windows to the new top, AND CUT UP the old top to ensure it won't end up on some secondary market or used as replacement by disreputable dealers! I believed him but it seems a bit extreme.

So, I picked it up yesterday and wow. The new top is in perfect condition, no spidey-cracks, no alligator skin, just a nice smooth dark top. I swear it seems to me to be a slight shade darker. Matches the oem rack and pillars well. Also, his "dent dude" took care of the little mark on the door. No evidence at all.

I just wanted to share a positive outcome given so many haven't had the good fortune I have. You can get a satisfactory MIC from the boys in blue.

Tried like damnit to to figure out how to rotate an image and can't. Obvious pilot error.

tempImage5fBglJ.png
tempImagetKB9xi.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just check Facebook to see the scum trying to sell tops missing all glasses for couple thousand still.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good deal, nice to see something going right for once!

Here's your pic ...

Ford Bronco MIC hard top replaced by dealer with happy results tempImageZbEo4f

OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good deal, nice to see something going right for once!

Here's your pic ...

Ford Bronco MIC hard top replaced by dealer with happy results tempImageZbEo4f
Thanks! I tried everything I could find to rotate, then realized it doesn't even show the top anyway so I gave up.
Thanks again

Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Your front panels are nice and level with each other. My drivers side is high. No leaks or other problems. So haven't worried about adjusting yet.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought I'd share a seemingly rare outcome with a MIC top.
Ordered a stretch limo Badlands (4d,ht) with the 3/27 crowd; build week of 5/22, delivered 7/21.

When I went to pick it up the salesman told me right as I walked up that they had already ordered a new top. To say the least I was a bit surprised. He showed me 2 thin scratches across the top and down the driver's side that continued to a very slight dent on the top of the door panel. Frankly I'm not sure I would have noticed it until later had he not pointed it out. Additionally there were a couple more scratches on that side of the top. He said clearly something happened maybe in transit. He said they classified it as a transit incident or words to that affect and it will not appear on any carfax as damaged. I left happy with my new limo.

The top came in and I took the Bronco back. My salesman called later that day and apologized that the "glass guys" couldn't get there until the next morning so just keep the loaner overnight and he'll give me a call next day. So glass guys? I asked. He said Ford sends new tops out without the windows to avoid breaking/damage. And he said they do this as a sort of quality control insurance, requiring the dealer to swap the original windows to the new top, AND CUT UP the old top to ensure it won't end up on some secondary market or used as replacement by disreputable dealers! I believed him but it seems a bit extreme.

So, I picked it up yesterday and wow. The new top is in perfect condition, no spidey-cracks, no alligator skin, just a nice smooth dark top. I swear it seems to me to be a slight shade darker. Matches the oem rack and pillars well. Also, his "dent dude" took care of the little mark on the door. No evidence at all.

I just wanted to share a positive outcome given so many haven't had the good fortune I have. You can get a satisfactory MIC from the boys in blue.

Tried like damnit to to figure out how to rotate an image and can't. Obvious pilot error.

tempImage5fBglJ.png
View attachment 554138
Nice story! A trustworthy dealer. Images: you have to format the image before download. You can go to edit, delete image, download new one!

OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice story! A trustworthy dealer. Images: you have to format the image before download. You can go to edit, delete image, download new one!
Thanks, tried every rotation and edit to the image before I attached and it came in sideways everytime..
oh well

Sponsored

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to hear! How bout a shout out by name and location to the dealer who did the right thing. I believe shady dealers should be put on blast and the superior ones should be saluted.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad they replaced it for you. Hoping I will have the same luck. Taking mine in Monday. Every panel is scratched in some place. The rear clamshell looks like something was sanded off. multiple other places where it looks like a my barn door after a raccoon tries to get in. I was a 5/8 build group then filthy dirt mountain for 3 months. I've had it for about 4 days now. Dealer says they're going to try and go through the service department and "warranty replace" the top. I hope that it won't show up in a carfax either. Just hoping I don't have to scream a lot. I've had it with the Bronco drama after a total of almost 13 months on the Ice/Dirt mountain between my 2 and 4 door.

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a scratch on one side of my MIC, barely noticeable. Not sure if it triggers me enough to want to replace it, I did show the dealer when I picked it up however no notation was made.

OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to hear! How bout a shout out by name and location to the dealer who did the right thing. I believe shady dealers should be put on blast and the superior ones should be saluted.
Happy too. I’m in Nashville TN. My dealer is Two Rivers Ford. Great group.
Great people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad they replaced it for you. Hoping I will have the same luck. Taking mine in Monday. Every panel is scratched in some place. The rear clamshell looks like something was sanded off. multiple other places where it looks like a my barn door after a raccoon tries to get in. I was a 5/8 build group then filthy dirt mountain for 3 months. I've had it for about 4 days now. Dealer says they're going to try and go through the service department and "warranty replace" the top. I hope that it won't show up in a carfax either. Just hoping I don't have to scream a lot. I've had it with the Bronco drama after a total of almost 13 months on the Ice/Dirt mountain between my 2 and 4 door.
I hope your dealer is as good to you as mine is. Don’t give up. Push them for the right result.
Don’t give up.
I have a scratch on one side of my MIC, barely noticeable. Not sure if it triggers me enough to want to replace it, I did show the dealer when I picked it up however no notation was made.
It can’t hurt to approach them and ask. Nothing to lose.
Hopefully they’ll be receptive
Sponsored