Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For this to work well, does the hoist need to be perfectly centered above the rear piece of the hardtop? It seems like the bronco could be pulled in a little different every time and lining everything up perfectly during the install seems tricky.
Pretty much but if you get it close enough to center, you can re-adjust the straps to level the load. Usually it needs to be slightly to the rear. When backing in the Bronco, I take mental notes of where my Bronco needs to be (i.e. mirror is in line with my sprinkler controller on the wall, the front wheels are on the lip of the garage entry, Centered with my workbench)((if that makes sense)) LOL
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed mine solo using an engine hoist and a strap to each corner. It was a little sketch, I'd rather use rafters if it was an option.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Removal Solo? 1650905781636

Please forgive my crude MS Paint diagram..
Bolt hoist to c-channel
bolt c-channel to rafters
cut a hole in the drywall ceiling, if needed

IMO 6'X2" straps would be best. I have 10'x2" and they work, but I want my roof to hang higher.

Mica911

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD Duramax, 1986 GMC Fire Truck,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howzit Fellow Bronco6G Members!

My apologies in advance if there is a better thread that can answer my question. If there is, can someone please direct me to it?

I am reading quite a few horror stories about our beloved members cutting their fingers when they remove the MIC Hardtop. I am getting close to finally removing mine. My questions are:
  1. Is there a specific Hardtop panel that has the sharp "cut your finger" edge? Some say Front Right panel. Others say the mid-panel.
  2. Do all the panels have this sharp edge? Are there any pics posted on the forum here that show that sharp edge?
Probably best to take everyone's advice and just wear gloves when I do remove the panels. But if there is a particular area on the panels that I should keep an eye out for in advance, it would be good to know.

Again, any feedback or direction would be greatly appreciated!

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way you could do the rear shell on your own without a hoist of some kind. If you got a 4 dr the middle panel is difficult enough doing alone.

Sponsored

truvkngfan

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've done it alone once taking it off and twice putting it back on, not the easiest by any means. It really is a test of flexibility, balance and strength. I'm probably going to order the Harken to make life easier, but it can be done.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just received the email that my bronco is coming in by the end of next month. Has anyone seen or posted a video on how to remove the hardtop solo? I'm trying to figure out if I need to build some contraption or if its doable on my own without having to call a friend every time I want to go topless.
You might want to check your local ordinances to see if driving topless is legal in your area. There are areas all over the US where driving without a shirt on IS legal, but I would check first.:unsure:

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The design/engineering of this hardtop continues to impress.
Or the lazy @ss QC at the Webasto factory. I can't believe that they were designed to cut you to the point of needing a blood transfusion. However, as my will state, I have been wrong before.
Sponsored