Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure If I had room in the garage.... no space in there with other cars/bikes So looking for an alternative
I get it. Mine is definitely a tight fit.
Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone with the 2 door version get to use it yet? Thoughts? Thanks!
I got the first box Wednesday and the second box yesterday. I put it other last night using the videos on YouTube (no manual in the box) and the online instructions were a pain to follow on my small phone. Assembly was really easy, other than trying to get the pawl set in place due to the resistance from the spring. I noticed in the video that they unhooked the spring and then reattached it, but they didnā€™t cover that part at all - just kid of glanced over it.

Also, Bronco specific thatā€™s not in the video - the instructions online say to cut a pool noodle into a couple of 12ā€ sections to prop up the front of the clamshell so the alignment pins clear. Just be aware that thereā€™s something else youā€™ll need before you can take your top off. Thankfully, I had one on hand. I just split the back of it and put it on the toplift so they donā€™t run away.

I washed my Bronco this morning and took the top off. Itā€™s 85 and sunny, so Iā€™m making the most of it.
Ford Bronco Pretty Awesome  - Topliftpros Hardtop Removal AE7858FE-432E-42EC-B949-D4A981AC6477

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with the 2 door version get to use it yet? Thoughts? Thanks!
Mine is fully assembled, but have not used it yet. Still snowing here in Ohio. I will report back once I've tried it out. May do a test run just to see how easy (or difficult it is).

Also curious on the assembly........the manual looks rather lengthy........quick and easy or multi hour pain in the ass?
Assembly took me about an hour and a half. The instructions are kind of confusing in certain parts. They should have added larger diagrams to show you how everything fits together instead of actual pictures of it being built.

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got the first box Wednesday and the second box yesterday. I put it other last night using the videos on YouTube (no manual in the box) and the online instructions were a pain to follow on my small phone. Assembly was really easy, other than trying to get the pawl set in place due to the resistance from the spring. I noticed in the video that they unhooked the spring and then reattached it, but they didnā€™t cover that part at all - just kid of glanced over it.

Also, Bronco specific thatā€™s not in the video - the instructions online say to cut a pool noodle into a couple of 12ā€ sections to prop up the front of the clamshell so the alignment pins clear. Just be aware that thereā€™s something else youā€™ll need before you can take your top off. Thankfully, I had one on hand. I just split the back of it and put it on the toplift so they donā€™t run away.

I washed my Bronco this morning and took the top off. Itā€™s 85 and sunny, so Iā€™m making the most of it.
Ford Bronco Pretty Awesome  - Topliftpros Hardtop Removal AE7858FE-432E-42EC-B949-D4A981AC6477

Really appreciate the details! Thank you

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to get something like this as my apartment garage can't handle a hoist, but not.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey 4dr owners, how do you manage the middle section of the top solo? I haven't tried, but that piece is a bit cumbersome!

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey 4dr owners, how do you manage the middle section of the top solo? I haven't tried, but that piece is a bit cumbersome!
I sit in the back seat and lift it up from inside the roll bars, then shift it to the side, resting it on the roll bar while I move my hands under the roll bars if that makes sense. It is a bit awkward, but not too heavy so it's not a huge problem. Just have to be real careful banging the latches on the paint.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sit in the back seat and lift it up from inside the roll bars, then shift it to the side, resting it on the roll bar while I move my hands under the roll bars if that makes sense. It is a bit awkward, but not too heavy so it's not a huge problem. Just have to be real careful banging the latches on the paint.
Thanks! Yeah, I suppose back seat is the best place to get at it...you just store it separately?

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah, I suppose back seat is the best place to get at it...you just store it separately?
I do. The front two tops go in the storage bag. Last year I was making space for the middle top where I could find it. This year though, I'm building a low shelf that's high enough to clear the Top Loft Pro base, but low enough to give me some room below the rear clamshell when it's on the lift. Plan is to keep everything stacked on that shelf unit with the lift slid under and over if that makes sense. I have the space to do it that way, so not a huge deal for me. If I was limited, I'd probably be looking for a place to store it vertically.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do. The front two tops go in the storage bag. Last year I was making space for the middle top where I could find it. This year though, I'm building a low shelf that's high enough to clear the Top Loft Pro base, but low enough to give me some room below the rear clamshell when it's on the lift. Plan is to keep everything stacked on that shelf unit with the lift slid under and over if that makes sense. I have the space to do it that way, so not a huge deal for me. If I was limited, I'd probably be looking for a place to store it vertically.
Yeah, I have been storing it on top of the rear section on the floor, so I'm going to have to up my game.

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome, but what a giant pain in the ass. Honestly if I had the hard top I would have bought it with the ideas it isnā€™t ever coming off. šŸ˜Ž

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome, but what a giant pain in the ass. Honestly if I had the hard top I would have bought it with the ideas it isnā€™t ever coming off. šŸ˜Ž
Different strokes I guess. I had a soft top Jeep many many moons ago before all the nicer tops, doors, etc. that are offered today. So, I went with the hard top as I wanted to have the option for winter. While that may have been a severe decision on my part, I don't regret it at all. I think a hoist is the easiest choice for hard tops, but the layout of my garage just doesn't work for it.

Since my wife isn't tall enough to help me take the top off, I'm glad there's other options out there. It is pricey, which almost made me reconfigure my garage to do a hoist. In the end though I'm happy with the lift, and my current setup. If I decide to go for a soft top in the future, there should be no problem finding a new home for both the top and the lift.

Oski96

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just FYI there is a promo for the 4 door lift for $850 with free shipping. Still a ton of loot but the hoist system I have left over from my Wrangler is a PITA to use.
Sponsored