Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I missed that email....and well eff me sideways...

Better than nothing I suppose. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
You can say a lot of things about Ford, but you canā€™t say they arenā€™t a generous and merciful God.

;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I asked if I could get the mic now and purchase the soft top after. He said there is a strong chance that the B would be built without the needed hardware or connections to attach the soft top after. That doesnā€™t make sense to me but he referenced ordering a computer without a disc drive but wanting to add the disc drive later... no cut out for the disc drive. I understand this but the soft top seems like a common OEM accessory which should be able to be easily added on at anytime. Also I understand it would cost more for Ford to ship it separately but thatā€™s not my problem (thatā€™s the least they could do for loyal customers that have been waiting so long for a premium price truck). I get that they can fulfill two orders instead of one but that doesnā€™t make for loyal customers. Logistical nightmare?, if they canā€™t figure out how to keep track of people shorted a top and how to ship it to us when available, then god help us all. Not sure what to expect mechanically in a complex truck if they canā€™t figure out basic logistics. So frustrating!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked if I could get the mic now and purchase the soft top after. He said there is a strong chance that the B would be built without the needed hardware or connections to attach the soft top after. That doesnā€™t make sense to me but he referenced ordering a computer without a disc drive but wanting to add the disc drive later... no cut out for the disc drive. I understand this but the soft top seems like a common OEM accessory which should be able to be easily added on at anytime. Also I understand it would cost more for Ford to ship it separately but thatā€™s not my problem (thatā€™s the least they could do for loyal customers that have been waiting so long for a premium price truck). I get that they can fulfill two orders instead of one but that doesnā€™t make for loyal customers. Logistical nightmare?, if they canā€™t figure out how to keep track of people shorted a top and how to ship it to us when available, then god help us all. Not sure what to expect mechanically in a complex truck if they canā€™t figure out basic logistics. So frustrating!
If you order a soft top from the factory and no hardtop, the vehicle is delivered without rear the wiper and washer hookups.

If you order the hard top from the factory with no soft top... you just purchase a soft top later.

It's already in the accessory catalog. Here's the part numbers and how much you can expect to spend.

Ford Bronco Mic/soft top delays Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 15.37.21
Ford Bronco Mic/soft top delays Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 15.39.50

It's worth noting that I believe the Factory OEM soft top is made by Webasto... and would be ordered as a "Part" over the counter, and not as an "Accessory" through the catalog.

Not sure how much the Webasto one would cost... but my point is... You can absolutely add a soft top after the fact.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you order a soft top from the factory and no hardtop, the vehicle is delivered without rear the wiper and washer hookups.

If you order the hard top from the factory with no soft top... you just purchase a soft top later.

It's already in the accessory catalog. Here's the part numbers and how much you can expect to spend.

It's worth noting that I believe the Factory OEM soft top is made by Webasto... and would be ordered as a "Part" over the counter, and not as an "Accessory" through the catalog.

Not sure how much the Webasto one would cost... but my point is... You can absolutely add a soft top after the fact.
Okay, thanks. That is definitely different than what he said. It appears it costs a bit more. Also I donā€™t think it indicates what the combo comes with vinyl or twill. I guess I donā€™t know the difference.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, thanks. That is definitely different than what he said. It appears it costs a bit more. Also I donā€™t think it indicates what the combo comes with vinyl or twill. I guess I donā€™t know the difference.
The stock soft top is twill. I think BesTop will have better options than the stock top.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. My dealer is insisting the delay is with the MIC in general and suggesting I order with soft and buy MIC aftermarket when it becomes available.
Is installing washer and heater hookups after the fact out of the question? That wonā€™t be an additional kit?
Essentially- Iā€™m fine with soft top for the summer if it helps be get my vehicle early summer. If Iā€™m not gonna get my vehicle until winter anyhow...Iā€™ll change my order to MIC and order soft thrift aftermarket.

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hey Iā€™m in the exact same situation as you!!!
first of my dealers order 7/13 8:01pm res. Heā€™s telling me to stay soft only as itā€™s the standard top on BL4dr. That MIC only May delay due to parts and anything I change from standard may.

I too am good with a soft until fall and perhaps pick up someoneā€™s MIC when they can get a painted.
But would switch now if no delay.
will keep up on this , but let me know if you find any better info please Bill

thanks!!

Last edited:

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hey Iā€™m in the exact same situation as you!!!
first of my dealers order 7/13 8:01pm res. Heā€™s telling me to stay soft only as itā€™s the standard top on BL4dr. That MIC only May delay due to parts and anything I change from standard may.

I too am good with a soft until fall and perhaps pick up someoneā€™s MIC when they can get a painted.
But would switch now if no delay.
will keep up on this , but ring me if you find any better info please. Bill

thanks!!
If you go only soft now and buy MIC later, you won't have wiring and lines for the rear defroster and wiper/wiper fluid. Keep that in mind. Plus, I'd delete your phone # lol

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the MIC top to avoid the potential delay. Right now my only deadly sin is LUX.

By the way, unless things have changed , the SQ is also a deadly sin and could cause delays.
Not sure how he 'knows' its only the dual top, like you say, squatch + lux are also potential delays as well.

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you go only soft now and buy MIC later, you won't have wiring and lines for the rear defroster and wiper/wiper fluid. Keep that in mind. Plus, I'd delete your phone # lol
[/QUOTE

Thanks Abe!
Sponsored

Reactions: abe