Sponsored

Want MIC Top but switch to Soft top to help with Production Constraints?

69Bronk

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many others on here; I am so anxious to go explore the WILD in my new Bronco. However for my own reasons I have the need to have both Hard and Soft tops for different times of year, trips, security etc. With all the communication of delays around the Hard tops I have contemplated switching to the soft top so I have a better chance of enjoying my Bronco sooner than later. But I have one major hang up that stops me every time. That fact that if I order my Bronco from the factory with a soft top FORD doesn't pre-run the necessary harnesses and accessories so that that later down the road I may purchase a Hard top and be properly functional (as if the hard top was ordered from the factory).

If Ford were to offer an option to have a Hard top prep-kit installed (All the parts associated with the Hard top with the exception of the Hard top itself) I would update my order to Soft top TODAY, and just order a Hard top through the parts department down the road when it is no longer a production constraint.

Anyone else find themselves in this dilemma?
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t even care if mine has the wiper crap... I just need the 2dr offered with soft top and I’d swap.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many others on here; I am so anxious to go explore the WILD in my new Bronco. However for my own reasons I have the need to have both Hard and Soft tops for different times of year, trips, security etc. With all the communication of delays around the Hard tops I have contemplated switching to the soft top so I have a better chance of enjoying my Bronco sooner than later. But I have one major hang up that stops me every time. That fact that if I order my Bronco from the factory with a soft top FORD doesn't pre-run the necessary harnesses and accessories so that that later down the road I may purchase a Hard top and be properly functional (as if the hard top was ordered from the factory).

If Ford were to offer an option to have a Hard top prep-kit installed (All the parts associated with the Hard top with the exception of the Hard top itself) I would update my order to Soft top TODAY, and just order a Hard top through the parts department down the road when it is no longer a production constraint.

Ding ding ding!

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

we all agree

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"wiper crap" gotta love forums.
Yeah, I’m not very educated... I’d appreciate it if you could just overlook my ignorance. Hell, you could go ahead and set me to “ignore” and not waste another moment of your life running across any of the stupid stuff I say. 🙂

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
didn't ford just announce the hardtop prep kit just for this scenario? So all orders starting September that switch to a soft top with get a FREE hardtop prep kit that will allow you to install a hardtop at a later date when ford has enough to sell.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day 1 res, 4 door base, 2.7, SAS and aux switches. I switched to a soft top in May when Ford started telling everyone that the MIC is a constraint. I am completely fine with either top. I will be running topless most of the time. Don't switch to a soft top if you really want the MIC. Get what you want. Switching tops did not speed up my production. I switched to a soft top May 15th and still do not have a build date.
Sponsored