Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to purchase the hard top regardless, And also want the soft top. I don’t mind the MIC top as I think it looks good with CG. The question is, do I order with the soft top and buy MIC later, or get MIC top with order and hope aftermarket has good options for soft tops? I guess the Jeep guys would be able to gauge the quality, fit and finish of aftermarket soft tops.
Sponsored

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am getting the soft top now and order the modular top later. I have to have the hard top with the removable rear quarter windows. Seem like we will have to wait a year after launch to get that one. Then again, a 3rd party may make a top with that feature sooner.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Purchase with hard top and buy a better soft top later
Usually the factory hard tops are built better and they’re covered by factory warranty if you have any leaks or fitting issues.
Soft tops are usually better made by aftermarket.

Last edited:
OP
OP

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t believe so. There was supposed to be an option for both, but I don’t see it in the B&P. I suppose it has something to do with the delay of the molded top.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the modular only coming in that gloss painted black?

Sponsored
OP
OP

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does anyone know (on the 4 door), if it's equipped with a soft top - does the hard top fit over the soft top and frame when it's retracted, or does the entire soft top and frame need to be completely removed from the vehicle prior to putting it on?

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to purchase the hard top regardless, And also want the soft top. I don’t mind the MIC top as I think it looks good with CG. The question is, do I order with the soft top and buy MIC later, or get MIC top with order and hope aftermarket has good options for soft tops? I guess the Jeep guys would be able to gauge the quality, fit and finish of aftermarket soft tops.
Depends on what you want to do...

1- If you crank up a/c in summer and want too reduce wind sound, MIC all the way.

2- If you want to be able to open the top anytime (read sunny day in middle of winter) and get the Soft Top

3- If you are a Mix of 1&2 get both and change with seasons....

4- Get a MIC top and a Bimini. MIC in winter, you can pop out the front panels in a few minutes if needed during winter. Bimini from May to October to protect you from rain (note: you should not mind being a little wet, especially passengers at the back... and give the back people a few blankets for cold summer nights)

I am using option 4 on my JKU, it's been perfect to me for 5 years

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the modular only coming in that gloss painted black?
Initially, (late MY21) only the Black will be available. Body Color Matched (for certain trims) are either late availability in MY21 or will be MY22. White tops are MY22

does anyone know (on the 4 door), if it's equipped with a soft top - does the hard top fit over the soft top and frame when it's retracted, or does the entire soft top and frame need to be completely removed from the vehicle prior to putting it on?
I don't know for certain, but I assume it will be the same way the Jeep Wrangler setup is, which is only either the Hard top or Soft Top can be "installed" at a time. There's no way to put the hardtop on the vehicle if the soft top is already there (either folded or deployed).

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I raised the concern on a similar thread (but search isn't helpful in finding) that for Wranglers if you go soft top from factory that then you lose the hookups for the rear window defroster and wiper fluid (and control stalk to add the rear window wiper control) - net like $300 in parts but a LOT of labor. So it is easier to add a soft top in future than a hard top.

That said, if I go 4 dr on a Bronco, I am definitely going soft top. My wrangler soft top works in snow (due to face-melting heater perhaps) and AZ sun and everything in between. So for my weather it is almost a crime to go hardtop (unless go 2 dr then Ford's fault for this crime).

OP
OP

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1- If you crank up a/c in summer and want too reduce wind sound, MIC all the way.

2- If you want to be able to open the top anytime (read sunny day in middle of winter) and get the Soft Top

4- Get a MIC top and a Bimini. MIC in winter, you can pop out the front panels in a few minutes if needed during winter. Bimini from May to October to protect you from rain (note: you should not mind being a little wet, especially passengers at the back... and give the back people a few blankets for cold summer nights)

Great options! I think I’d

The bronco won’t be seeing much winter as I have my truck for that. I’m leaning towards MIC due to it only being an additional $600ish right now to upgrade and it’d be nice to have incase things change. I’m also inclined to think the aftermarket will offer better quality and possibly more options for soft tops. I also like the comment about the factory hardtop being covered under warranty for leaks.
I’d considering getting both MIC and Bimini top from ford, but I think their Bimini top is too much.