Sponsored

MIC Top Wind Noise Poll

Do you have wind noise with your MIC top?

• Total voters

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've read a lot on here about MIC top wind noise, and was thrilled when my 2-door arrived and was dead quiet at highway speed. It got me to wondering if it has anything to do with two or four doors, so here's the poll.
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 4 door MIC with headliner and roof racks. I think the racks are the cause of additional noise. Overall it's not that bad for a big brick.

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s really not a yes or no question. You should’ve done a 1-10 scale poll. Yeah, I have more wind noise than I would without a removable hard top, but it’s not bad at all. I also have more tire noise with these 35s than I would something smaller. Just comes with the territory.

OP
OP
M4Madness

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s really not a yes or no question. You should’ve done a 1-10 scale poll.
I figure it's a little too subjective, as one person's 8 might be another person's 6. I've only ridden in two Broncos -- both 2 doors -- and both were just as quiet as my F-150 or my wife's Honda HR-V. Front and back passengers speaking in normal conversational tones while driving down the highway. I know that my sample of two is small, hence the poll.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I voted "4-door no noise", but I guess the question is, what are you considering "noise" ?

I don't have any ridiculously excessive wind noise, but it's obviously not as quiet as my Flex was with a fully enclosed roof and traditional headliner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
M4Madness

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I voted "4-door no noise", but I guess the question is, what are you considering "noise" ?
I've read people on here describing it as sounding like you're driving 90 MPH with a window cracked, enough that they couldn't talk to passengers and was headache inducing.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4dr no noise.
I’ll note that I’ve run without a top a lot, but every time that I’ve reinstalled my top it has been quite. I’m very careful that I’ve made sure to realign the panels each time that I reinstalled the top.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've read people on here describing it as sounding like you're driving 90 MPH with a window cracked, enough that they couldn't talk to passengers and was headache inducing.
I haven't experienced that thankfully. If the radio is off an no one is talking you can hear a faint sort of wind intrusion noise where the rear panel meets the back cap, but that's it. It doesn't really impact my ability to communicate or listen to the radio. The road noise from the territory MTs is probably worse, but it's more consistent so it just becomes white noise after a while.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figure it's a little too subjective, as one person's 8 might be another person's 6. I've only ridden in two Broncos -- both 2 doors -- and both were just as quiet as my F-150 or my wife's Honda HR-V. Front and back passengers speaking in normal conversational tones while driving down the highway. I know that my sample of two is small, hence the poll.
It’s nowhere near as quiet as my F-150, wife’s Tacoma, or my Silverado 1500 work truck, but I don’t expect a removable top vehicle to be as quiet as a fixed roof. My 2 door has some wind noise with all the panels installed, but nothing like the window cracked at 90 mph. There is probably some room for improvement, but maybe this poll should have options for “my 2 door has some wind noise, but is tolerable”, “my 2 door has more wind noise that I expected on a removable top vehicle”, and “my 2 door is deafeningly loud on the highway at 70 mph”.

I recently took a trip to Boston with the Bestop Sunrider installed and didn’t find it offensive. My 81 year old parents I was driving to the airport had a hard time hearing each other, but that happens every night at the dinner table so maybe not the best measure of truck noise.

I haven't experienced that thankfully. If the radio is off an no one is talking you can hear a faint sort of wind intrusion noise where the rear panel meets the back cap, but that's it. It doesn't really impact my ability to communicate or listen to the radio. The road noise from the territory MTs is probably worse, but it's more consistent so it just becomes white noise after a while.
This is close to my experience as well. I can also hear some wind intrusion somewhere forward, like the top front corner of the side windows maybe. If the stereo was better I wouldn’t notice as much. My bigger concern is the amount of window shake when hitting bumps with the windows half way down, it seems like they are going to fall out on bigger bumps. Another good reason for the 8 year 100K ESP.

Last edited:

Black Diamond

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No noise here with mic with sound deadening and roof rack

Sponsored

rbeaudo1

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 door Badlands with roof rack, sound deadening headliner mine does have a lot of wind noise but not more than expected. I will be looking at ways to make it quieter.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the day I took delivery of my Bronco (06/23/2022, 4 door, MIC, Squatch) I've been completly befuddled at the "wind noise" threads.

Buzzing around town at 20-50 MPH? Nothing. Maybe a little tire noise from the big Goodyears which is to be expected.

Going down the highway at 60-70-80 MPH? Nothing. Maybe a little more tire noise, but it is marginal at worst.

My wife is very particular about ride quality and noise. She could barely stand riding in my unmodded 2010 Raptor F150 for more than 20 minutes but has zero complaints about the Bronco.

WHAT wind noise??? Or did I get a Unicorn?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I expected it to be much louder.

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I owned a 2010 wrangler 4 door hardtop for 11 years before my Bronco.
My 4 door Badlands Sas was delivered without the headliner. (An oversight on Ford’s part)
It has been almost a year now and I’m STILL WAITING…
I will say that the first thing I noticed on my initial test drive was the insane amount of wind noise. Way louder than my Jeep ever was!
I guess I’ll see how much of a difference the headliner makes if I ever receive it…
Despite the noise, I absolutely love this truck. (But it IS freeking noisy!)

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has some wind noise, but it’s not horrible. Not so loud you have to raise your voice to talk and it’s at a pitch that isn’t irritating. Definitely coming from the seam/seals at the corners on each side where the front pieces meet the rear shell.

Most of the rubber, seals, plastic trim on this thing looks like it was installed by a stoned temp worker. Have a service appointment to fix the trim across the bottom of the driver’s window because it has a gap between it and the glass even when the door is fully shut and the window is all the way up.
Sponsored