Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
(Edit - Yes - you pay on buy-out, but get credit on trade-in)

Let me give an example to make sure we are on the same page...using round numbers and upping tax to 7% instead of the 6.625 or whatever we pay...)

Lease buy out: $30K, tax will be roughly $2100, so you pay $32100 to "own" that vehicle.

Bronco: $50K, minus the $30K trade-in (or whatever you get) leaves $20K taxable for $1400 in tax. Total purchase price is same, but tax is split across the two transactions.

$50K plus $3500 in tax ($53500) is the same as $32100 plus $21400.

Now, if your trade value is less than your buy-out, you are losing something, but if it is not more than you are willing to pay for the use of that vehicle for that time, no harm no foul. If you sold your vehicle on the open market (not trading it) then you are out the tax amount. That is why you have to consider the pricing of your sale to be the amount plus whatever tax advantage you would get.
Works like this in most states.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Webasto has been the turd in the punchbowl for quite awhile now. But this shutdown kinda sounds more like "IF" the tops become available - not "WHEN". If it was just a volume availability issue, why would they not just finagle the schedule to start with soft tops...and sprinkle in a few MICs as they go?
Soft tops only represent 5 % on the 3K take rate. So it's possible Ford may have fewer than 7000 in the order bank. With contraints and priority 99 it may not amount to many MY21 soft tops

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you take the red pill, you’re gonna find out there never actually was a 6th generation Bronco being produced.
Love the new aviator Dave , GO HAWKS!!!!!

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked with one of the Bronco team out here in Utah today about this and kind of sidestepped around the question a bit. He made a valid point to me. Neither one of us were aware of any customer vehicles scheduled during the two week shutdown.

My conjecture based on that thought:

Reading between the lines, I would think Ford would be more likely to route chip availability to customer (read: revenue generating) builds rather than dealer mannequins and give aways for social media. I know when I have a product shortage, I try to sell as much of that product as I can rather than using it toward non-revenue generating activities. My industry is also chip dependent and we've been having shortages ever since people started buying new iPhones every year.

Even if Ford has shipping containers of semiconductors waiting, they might be reprioritizing them toward actual customer production at this point because they aren't sure when they'll get the next shipment.

In that case, it would make sense to "take a break" at the factory when there are no customer builds scheduled because once they start customer builds, they're going to be busy for a while and will eventually exhaust the supply, hopefully not before more can be sourced.

My first thought was they'd likely intersperse the dealer mannequins in among the customer builds once they start back up but then I thought some more about it and what I'd be doing in the same situation. I would not be building any vehicles that would not generate revenue and would be shipping ones I can sell and realize actual revenue on as fast as I could get them out the door.

Probably premature to hold a pity party quite yet...

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the new aviator Dave , GO HAWKS!!!!!
Somebody might correct you on this sentence, but since I've got a pilot's license, I'm going with it. Thanks for the message! Go Hawks!!!

👍

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody might correct you on this sentence, but since I've got a pilot's license, I'm going with it. Thanks for the message! Go Hawks!!!

👍
I used to fly out of KRNT but I've yet to complete the license. I got sidetracked. :oops:

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“…Michigan Assembly Plant will be down weeks of May 17 and 24. (In every case except Michigan Assembly, this is a continuation of previously announced down time.)”

Not trying to do clickbait with the title, but just saw this and seems MAP is subject to a previously unannounced shut down.

47A57730-7FB9-4DE9-BD50-A392CC325538.jpeg
Let’s be optimistic here. Call this the calm before the storm of mad crazy Bronco building and we all get our MY2021 build dates this month.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked with one of the Bronco team out here in Utah today about this and kind of sidestepped around the question a bit. He made a valid point to me. Neither one of us were aware of any customer vehicles scheduled during the two week shutdown.

My conjecture based on that thought:

Reading between the lines, I would think Ford would be more likely to route chip availability to customer (read: revenue generating) builds rather than dealer mannequins and give aways for social media. I know when I have a product shortage, I try to sell as much of that product as I can rather than using it toward non-revenue generating activities. My industry is also chip dependent and we've been having shortages ever since people started buying new iPhones every year.

Even if Ford has shipping containers of semiconductors waiting, they might be reprioritizing them toward actual customer production at this point because they aren't sure when they'll get the next shipment.

In that case, it would make sense to "take a break" at the factory when there are no customer builds scheduled because once they start customer builds, they're going to be busy for a while and will eventually exhaust the supply, hopefully not before more can be sourced.

My first thought was they'd likely intersperse the dealer mannequins in among the customer builds once they start back up but then I thought some more about it and what I'd be doing in the same situation. I would not be building any vehicles that would not generate revenue and would be shipping ones I can sell and realize actual revenue on as fast as I could get them out the door.

Probably premature to hold a pity party quite yet...
Ford said exactly that about its shutdowns in Germany on Monday...

Ford cuts production at two German plants due to chip shortage
BY Reuters
— 8:51 AM ET 05/03/2021

DUESSELDORF, Germany (Reuters) - U.S automaker Ford Motor Co said on Monday it was scaling back production at its plants in Cologne and Saarlouis for the next few weeks due to a semiconductor chip shortage.

"The situation on the global semiconductor market remains tense and, according to all estimates, will continue to be so in the coming months, resulting in supply bottlenecks," a spokeswoman for Ford said in a statement.

The carmaker said it planned to make up for lost production "as best we can" and would prioritise vehicles already ordered by customers.

Ford said around a third of its 15,000 workers in Cologne would be put on shortened working hours from May 3 until June 18 and June 30 to July 9. It said production would re-start on Aug. 16 following the subsequent plant holiday.

(Reporting by Matthias Inverardi; Writing by Caroline Copley)

Copyright © Reuters 2008.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Todd don't listen to him he is just being a poopy pants, of course Santa is real.
Thanks Herbie, I was about to give up hope on everything that is good and right with the world. 😉👍

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a hard time with it being a strictly chip issue. If it is, why not just come out and announce that the chip shortage will impact Bronco production in a similar way as F150 production. Are they that worried that thousands of people will cancel orders for vehicles they cannot make? The $100 reservation fee cannot mean that much to them.
We are well beyond the $100 reservation stage today. I would hope that anyone who has complaints or appreciation for the process we’ve all been through at this late stage at least has a order in with a dealer and can share in the experience.
Sponsored