First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't it be cool to be able to pick up your Bronco at the MAP when it rolls off the line?
I would make the trip and check out the Ford museums.
Maybe they could put together packages like playing pool with Kid Rock, free styling with Eminem.........

Anyway, back to the point, picking up your Bronco at the MAP would be fantastic.
Sponsored

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those of us that live relatively close to MAP, yes, it would be very "cool" not to have to pay the $1,500 delivery charge to haul our precious cargo less than 100 miles 🙄 Not gonna happen though.

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would be even cooler if we could just simply order and buy one online directly from Ford, then go pick it up at MAP. No dealership involvement.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or, https://www.volvocars.com/us/shoppi...Vb4AtFFYOVwjdZqdH2waAg6MEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds but a 2 week vacation around the Midwest, return it to Dirt Mountain and then still wait on delivery after they go over it.

Just remember, as sweet as it sounds to take delivery right off the line it is impractical for just the QC issues every vehicle faces.

And delivery charges are far from actual cost and are union negotiated, plus large enough to cover the farthest delivery.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's funny is IF (big if) I get my Bronco in the next 2 1/2 weeks (it shipped over a month ago, been sitting at the destination rail head for 26 days, shortage in truck drivers for transport trucks) we're going to drive up to see my sister for Thanksgiving in Ann Arbor (less then 30 mins from MAP).

So she's taking the trip right back to where she was born....

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's funny is IF (big if) I get my Bronco in the next 2 1/2 weeks (it shipped over a month ago, been sitting at the destination rail head for 26 days, shortage in truck drivers for transport trucks) we're going to drive up to see my sister for Thanksgiving in Ann Arbor (less then 30 mins from MAP).

So she's taking the trip right back to where she was born....
BMW offers buyers of X4 and maybe some other models built in Spartanburg, SC the opportunity to return to the plant and drive a company vehicle on the test track

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be great to not get the front plate drilled too!
My dealer didn't drill mine, at my request. She pulled the holder from the rig before it left the delivery truck at the dealership, just so there'd be no mistakes. Just waiting on my BuiltRight Industries plate holder to be delivered...

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes and as I've said in another thread the back would be full of Faygo Rock n Rye on the way back. And some salami from Greektown.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those of us that live relatively close to MAP, yes, it would be very "cool" not to have to pay the $1,500 delivery charge to haul our precious cargo less than 100 miles 🙄 Not gonna happen though.
What I have never seen explained: The Ranger is also built at MAP. The shipping cost on the Ranger is 1195 while the Bronco is 1495...........why $300.00 more?????????? I read that there is a lawsuit against Chevrolet for charging over the top shipping charges (increasing their profit structure).

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Transfer your order to the Ford dealer less than 5 miles down the road. You can then go on the income inequality tour that is west Detroit. See the post-industrial ruins of the old Packard complex, whole blighted and burnt out neighborhoods of once opulent Victorian homes, be robbed at gun point, have world famous barbecue walk out at any corner restaurant, get a 40 of malt liquor. It's a real American experience!
Sponsored