Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What demand? Isn't there only 5k'ish listed on the USOB? Where was this big idea 3 years ago when they had 100k+ unfilled orders but unless they magically fixed the commodity issues what's a 3rd shift going to do?
My guess there are still a lot of outstanding Bronco orders and they probably anticipate a lot more. I am over on the Ranger forum and many have been waiting over 6 months (or more) to get a build date. Ranger production has been down. I know a guy in the plant and two years ago they wanted to add a third shift and could not. Not enough applicants and they had a heck of a time getting existing employees all back to work after Covid. I would presume they are seeing greater personnel and maybe the supply chain for parts is better now.
Now they will be able to get Rangers built and more Broncos too!
It would sure be nice to order a Bronco and actually have it delivered in three months.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys are living a decade behind. Ford EV sales have slowed because:

1) Interest rates
2) Ford can't make EVs profitably because they are using 20th century manufacturing methods, so they had to raise prices substantially to the point where demand falls off a cliff.
3) Tesla is undercutting them after firing the first shot in the EV price war in January of '23, repeatedly lowering prices while raising production volume because they are using superior/cheaper manufacturing methods. Although their margins have been squeezed they are still positive and at 10X volume of 2nd and 3rd place.

The end result is that Ford loses EV market share. Once the EV transition is complete Ford and the UAW will be without a chair and either will be bailed out by the taxpayers or acquired by a Chinese conglomerate.

Mmmm, the Tesla competitor for the F150 Lightning is the Cybershit..., err, Cybertruck, which Ford outsells by an infinite margin.

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr 2.3 Auto, Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They gonna pump out a bunch of 2.3L Big Bends (aka, the new base) for dealer stock and make $$$$$.
I was lucky enough to find one of those non SAS 2.3 BBs on the lot in September when I needed a vehicle for the mountains and bought it on the spot at sticker. Have put hundreds of overland miles on it bone stock since and it is just fine. Love it. I have since added mud flaps, rock rails, and a roof rack for added utility but will certainly pass on crap like rain-sensing wipers (what is apple car play BTW?).

Sponsored

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It could also be that the bronco is now sold in Europe, don't know if it's being built at the European ranger plantation or if it's built here and shipped over.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Adding a third shift is prolly required by the contract. I am seeing a thousands of Bronco's for sale. It seems crazy to add more to the existing batch of new one. It could be good for people who want to buy one, they will have to lower the price.
Some are a little old, is that 2021 with 5 miles on the odometer? Release from MAP 943 days ago.

Ford Bronco Ford Adds Third Crew at Michigan Assembly Plant to Meet Demand For Bronco And Ranger 1705972161843

Last edited:

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are living a decade behind. Ford EV sales have slowed because:

1) Interest rates
2) Ford can't make EVs profitably because they are using 20th century manufacturing methods, so they had to raise prices substantially to the point where demand falls off a cliff.
3) Tesla is undercutting them after firing the first shot in the EV price war in January of '23, repeatedly lowering prices while raising production volume because they are using superior/cheaper manufacturing methods. Although their margins have been squeezed they are still positive and at 10X volume of 2nd and 3rd place.

The end result is that Ford loses EV market share. Once the EV transition is complete Ford and the UAW will be without a chair and either will be bailed out by the taxpayers or acquired by a Chinese conglomerate.
Nice try! lol

Most people still do not want EVs for a myriad of reasons...and those reasons are important to them.

One of those factors is price and it's one of the biggest factors. Most blue-collar buyers simply can't afford an EV Truck. Then add towing issues for EV trucks along with extreme cold temps and it's a no brainer. Yes, maybe down the road...but definitely not now. The demand simply isn't there.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They gonna pump out a bunch of 2.3L Big Bends (aka, the new base) for dealer stock and make $$$$$.
Not if they don’t sell.. The manual seats “bite”…
Sponsored