First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, with the things that are disappearing from MY22, thoughts on waiting till MY23. I'm wondering if they will bring those back in 23 along with the digital dash. Maybe some additional features/options.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I cant get behind this thought process a whole lot. If that's the case, one could keep saying, well next year might be better, etc... And therefore never settle and never get the car. Sure I can understand the wait for things like the modular top as that was publicly announced but generally speaking, time brings advancements with automobiles regardless - so continuing to wait to see what the next year *might* bring, could go on forever, haha.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way Ford operates we may all be 23 or 24 builds.

OP
OP
SasBLSven

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant get behind this thought process a whole lot. If that's the case, one could keep saying, well next year might be better, etc... And therefore never settle and never get the car. Sure I can understand the wait for things like the modular top as that was publicly announced but generally speaking, time brings advancements with automobiles regardless - so continuing to wait to see what the next year *might* bring, could go on forever, haha.
I totally agree with that. I was thinking that as I was making this post. With the chip shortage and ever other thing going on, I was wondering if 22 will be a fluke for the bronco and all newer versions will be closer to the 21s, with advancements. My thought is the 22s will be an anomaly, getting short changed.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, with the things that are disappearing from MY22, thoughts on waiting till MY23. I'm wondering if they will bring those back in 23 along with the digital dash. Maybe some additional features/options.
What is the 22 model losing? Yesterday I ordered a 2 door BaseSquatch 2.7L

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The way things are going many of us may be butting up to the model refresh before we take delivery.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't play that game. I expect MY23 to lose even more.
Bingo.

The things that are going away in MY22 aren't coming back later. This isn't like World War II where some items are rationed for the duration of the war. These are permanent cost-cutting and production-simplifying measures.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ford is going now I’d say it’s more likely they the 23 has LESS features and costs MORE money then the 2022. The bean counters will strip cost wherever they can get away with it.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF they bring these items back my guess is that it won't happen until the mid-generation refresh. The last rumors I saw for that were 2024/2025.

But even if they add back the few items they took away next year... I wouldn't do it personally unless you were already leaning towards the MOD painted tops. The changes that have been found so far are all (in my opinion) minor changes that have no real functional impact on the vehicle, so seems silly to purposefully delay your order for something that has no guarantee of happening in 2023 or later.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the hard top numbers are correct, I believe that Ford will be "caught up" by this time next year. The only issue that will prove otherwise is the dealer allocation situation. People still waiting because their dealer does not receive as many Bronco's as a major dealer. Which sucks.

I understand both sides of the dealer allocation argument. I do believe Ford should have done a little more to provide a fair delivery experience to early res holders besides allocation situation.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just place an order and if it comes in buy it if you want it, otherwise let the dealer have it and make some coin.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't count on production to catch up. People from the 1/10 build week are learning that their broncos are parked, waiting on chips like all those poor F-150s. Supposedly only a month delay but how can Ford catch back up when all their product lines are affected? Maybe I am just in a bad mood knowing my bronco is now on Ice Mountain waiting.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the 22 model losing? Yesterday I ordered a 2 door BaseSquatch 2.7L
You must of missed the temp control knob thread that set everyone off. :sneaky:
Sponsored