JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 17 year old son would kill for the chance at the $29k base model that was offered at release. Sad to see Ford has done away with the base and increased the price on everything in the process. Entry point for Bronco is now $42k after delivery.
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, and Raptor has gone from a very reasonable (great IMHO) price to performance ratio to not so hot. Started off at $68k IIRC and now digits are reversed at $86k

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Think it’s bad now? Wait until the UAW get their new contracts…..

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think it’s bad now? Wait until the UAW get their new contracts…..
So you think it's the UAW fault prices are high? Ford been pumping up prices for the past 3 years dramatically. Pocketing big money.

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 17 year old son would kill for the chance at the $29k base model that was offered at release. Sad to see Ford has done away with the base and increased the price on everything in the process. Entry point for Bronco is now $42k after delivery.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up paying $26K for my Base (Granger) and threw on some Badlands takeoffs. For a little over $27K I have a vehicle that is visually identical to a $60K Bronco and can take me to 99 percent of the places that $60K Bronco can go.

RIP the Base. Best deal on a Bronco ever.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you think it's the UAW fault prices are high? Ford been pumping up prices for the past 3 years dramatically. Pocketing big money.
Nope, but if labor costs go up, so do the product’s price.

OP
OP
JaxGtc

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ended up paying $26K for my Base (Granger) and threw on some Badlands takeoffs. For a little over $27K I have a vehicle that is visually identical to a $60K Bronco and can take me to 99 percent of the places that $60K Bronco can go.

I always said that for anyone who missed out on an EB, the 6G base was the closest thing you would ever get to the original. Congrats on the move. You will probably keep it forever.

Sponsored

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow big investment

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did even with price increases. The 29k hook was for marketing purposes. Once reservations/orders surpassed production capacity, it should have went away. I'll go one step further in that there never should have been the Sasquatch option available to the Base. It was too good of a deal. Ford left money on the table.

Congrats to everyone that was able to get a BaseSquatch or any other iteration of the Base.

The only way that the Base returns is in the form of dealer orders and/or fleet orders. Dealers should petition for the return of the Base as they can make extra money with aftermarket tires/wheels/shocks. The Base Base is easy for Ford to build with minimal constraints so it serves as a filler to keep the line moving while also filling dealer allocation.

Last edited:

MKVBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2023 GR Supra MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is a shame the Base was a great deal, I feel like if they found a way to offer an even more stripped variant for sub 30k it would sell great, I think dealer markups killed the base, after the markups the difference was too close to higher trim models to justify, but at a real 29k before taxes it was a great deal, and for a basesquatch manual with a few things sub 40 was really special.