Sponsored

Got my window sticker and the Bronco is missing Sasquatch pkg???

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That sucks, but a good decision I think. You’ll get what you want eventually.

If it makes you feel any better, I got a FE reservation on day one. Fast forward 1.5 years and the dip$#!* dealer sold it out from under me.
Sponsored

Reactions: WKT
OP
OP
WKT

WKT

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 1983 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a common denominator in most of our problems and heart ache, the DEALER !!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if you can get 2.3L w SQ pkg at MSRP I'd buy it !
I've driven 2.3 w SQ and it's PLENTY of power, always wants to accelerate

Our 2Dr Black Diamond 2.3L Auto w SQ is scheduled week of 1/9/2023 and there's no way I'd order a 2.7
Ford would have to pay me to take a 2.7, and pay me a lot, and I still might walk

The 2.3L is about 160-pounds lighter, and more reliable. For rugged off-roading lighter is always better, and reliability is priceless

in your Build the dropped SQ happened early Sept in Ford's automatic '23 Conversion. Same thing happened in our Build - Sept 9th, but I caught it and got it corrected with fresh '23 DORA confirmation
160 lbs (or an adult passenger worth of weight) doesn't overcome the rather striking difference in torque (325 ft/lbs vs 415 ft/lbs), it never will. I am not suggesting that the 2.3 isn't a fine motor, but the 2.7 smokes it. With the exception of the batch of bad valves, these motors both offer exceptional reliability with routine maintenance. Both of these engines will go 100k plus miles without anything more than changing oil and the spark plugs.

Lighter isn't always better, especially when you gain capability, otherwise we'd all be running around with plastic bumpers, rock rails, and skid plates. The extra 90 ft/lbs of torque offered by the 2.7 isn't insignificant and is delivered exactly where it will make the most difference in overcoming obstacles. If you want to save 160 lbs, get rid of the Sasquatch package, as the rims, tires, suspension, and differential differences are likely greater than 160 lbs. Heck, while you're at it, make sure that you don't get a Black Diamond, it's 200 lbs heavier than the Outer Banks!

Does that mean my Outer Banks 2 door 2.7 is the better off-roading vehicle???

EDIT: Just for giggles, let's take the curb weight of your Black Diamond 2 door 2.3 Automatic vs my Outer Banks 2 door 2.7 Automatic. The Black Diamond 2 Door 2.3 Automatic has a curb weight of 4607 pounds based on Ford's Documentation. My Outer Banks 2 Door 2.7 Automatic has a curb weight of 4557 based of Ford's Documentation. FWIW, the actual curb weight of my Bronco was 4416 pounds when shipped by rail. Let's assume that my Bronco was only 50 pounds lighter (4607-4557), do you think that the 2.7 engine wasn't worth it?

Even comparing Black Diamond 2 doors, trading 90 ft/lbs of torque for 174 lbs seems downright silly.

GVWR-Details-with-Wildtrack-2048x1583.jpg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The SQ pkg is already a given, for the clearance and suspension capability as you know, I mean you have Wildtrak order also with the HOSS 3.0. And the OP said SQ is requirement for him
But the 2.3L is a lot more power than I'll ever need. For what I do off-road and conservative style on-road there's no reason to go 2.7
Right for rugged off-roading you need to add bash plates, and the larger tires/suspension help with the clearance, so the OBX weight comparison isn't really apples-to-apples
Yes outside the '21 valve issue we hope all the engines are highly reliable, and they seem to be good. The V6's are still more complex, and I don't need the extra power anyway
I think that we mostly agree.

I will have to go weigh my OBX again, but I have been pretty good at making some significant changes without fattening up my Bronco too badly. While I have the WildTrak on order, it's the girlfriend's build, and I would have likely gone a different route.

You are absolutely right, the 2.3 has all the power that most need. As such, I think that one can build an ultimate off-road Bronco starting with either a non-sasquatch 2.3 or 2.7 Badlands. It has all the right stuff: f/r lockers, swd, decent gears (4.46 auto/4.7 manual), skid plates, and off-road GOAT modes.

Let's face it, any hard-core off-roader is likely to not keep the stock suspension or wheels/tires that comes with the Badlands. They are going to run something like the Icon setup with new UCAs and replace the rear suspension as well. They will likely just run true bead-lock rims with more negative offset and much larger tires. This is why the sasquatch package does not make sense (especially for the Badlands). It's also why the 2.7 could make sense. 4.46 gears vs 4.7 gears would be easy to compensate for with the 2.7s torque advantage. The 2.3 (all other things equal) will always have a reliability edge due to the fact that it has less parts/complexity)

I really wish that Ford would have offered HOSS 3.0 as an option to the Badlands or the sway bar disconnect as an option for the WildTrak. I think that they missed an opportunity there.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a common denominator in most of our problems and heart ache, the DEALER !!!
all dealers are the same. If you happen to have a good experience it is pure luck cuz the next guy walking in the door will get screwed.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Dad has a brand new Explorer ST. Got it in 7 weeks, even got Rapid Red.

It's a nice vehicle, (ought to be for $51k) but as a 4x4, my Base Bronco with nothing on it is better off road.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is some more of my stupidity, we sold our 2021 Explorer ST last week. When our build date finally got locked in, I posted the Explorer for sale, I knew we would get more for it in a private sale versus trading it in. So we are going to be buying something very soon, whether it is a Bronco or something else.
LOL, I did the same thing .... then my Bronco got stuck on Dirt Mountain for an additional 2.5 months!

I expected to be driving an old military 1985 Chevy K30 1 ton diesel for 2 - 3 months, ended up closer to 6 months! LOL
I worked all the bugs out of that old bitch during that time though ... sold it to a co-workers kid!

Ford Bronco Got my window sticker and the Bronco is missing Sasquatch pkg??? 1670565288535

Reactions: WKT
OP
OP
WKT

WKT

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 1983 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update 1/7/23

Dealer finally called me Friday to tell me my Bronco came in, and asked if I was still interested in it. I told them that I have not changed my mind, l do not want it, it is not what I ordered.

Then the salesman proceeded to tell me they had another Bronco with sasquatch pkg that was turned down by the customer that ordered it, and since they screwed my order up that I had first chance at it before they put it on the lot.

It was a standard pkg Big Bend with sas pkg, and then the salesman had the nerve to tell me it had an admin on it.!!!
I told him I think I’ll decline the offer!

I said I was not going to bash the dealership and put their name on here, but the HELL with them!!!🤬
JC Lewis Ford in Savannah GA!!!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 1/7/23

Dealer finally called me Friday to tell me my Bronco came in, and asked if I was still interested in it. I told them that I have not changed my mind, l do not want it, it is not what I ordered.

Then the salesman proceeded to tell me they had another Bronco with sasquatch pkg that was turned down by the customer that ordered it, and since they screwed my order up that I had first chance at it before they put it on the lot.

It was a standard pkg Big Bend with sas pkg, and then the salesman had the nerve to tell me it had an admin on it.!!!
I told him I think I’ll decline the offer!

I said I was not going to bash the dealership and put their name on here, but the HELL with them!!!🤬
JC Lewis Ford in Savannah GA!!!
So the smart thing to do was to NOT decline your Bronco but go in to pick it up and ask them if they’d like to buy it for the same ADM as the BB.

I’m glad I caught the missing Sas. It would have been easy to miss.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all dealers are the same. If you happen to have a good experience it is pure luck cuz the next guy walking in the door will get screwed.
I will always argue that all dealers are NOT the same. Dealers are simply a bunch of humans that are led by a smaller bunch of humans that are either compassionate, good natured people, or are douche bags. My dealer has leadership that is the former. They are human and make mistakes. BUT, they admit them and then take care of business like I would with my customers. If you find a douche, move on.

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can now get a Ford factory tune for the 2.3L that provides a pretty substantial power improvement. Gets it fairly close to the 2.7 for only $825 and keeps the warranty intact. Only downside is you'll need to run 91 octane fuel.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can now get a Ford factory tune for the 2.3L that provides a pretty substantial power improvement. Gets it fairly close to the 2.7 for only $825 and keeps the warranty intact. Only downside is you'll need to run 91 octane fuel.
Love your avatar!

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love your avatar!
A couple of months ago they parked the Top Gun movie prop in front of where I work and had photographers out so we could get pictures in front of the model. Had to wait in line for about 30 minutes on my lunch break.
Sponsored