Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody up for a night run on the north end of Fins and Things one night? The south end is day use only. It's an easy trail, close to town, shouldn't take to long.
I'll tag along.
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody up for a night run on the north end of Fins and Things one night? The south end is day use only. It's an easy trail, close to town, shouldn't take to long.
Yes.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 thumbnail (3)

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty set on having with the Safari Tuesday to get a feel for the organization/chaos ratio and doing Hell's Revenge with them. I'm still a little confused if that's the only trail you do that day if you go with that group. It appears if you go with the BN group you get to do 3 (easy) trails. I'm expecting that to be cleared up at the Tuesday breakfast.

If there's still daylight after Hell's Revenge but the Safari group is done I would be open to doing something else with the forum.

Those 3 trails on Tues with Bronco nation are all day trails. Not that it takes all day to run them, depends on the size of the group, but those are 3 different trail rides. All in different directions. Behind the Rocks is my least favorite trail in Moab, will never do it again. Gemini Bridges/Long Canyon is great, nearly all 2wd. If we don't come up with anything else, I'm very open to running with the Safari on Tues, and Chicken Corners would be a good one to do. My thinking is with 3 Bronco Nation runs that day the 10 am Hell's Revenge could be mostly Early Bronco. I'd rather do Hell's Revenge with this group, if possible. If you've never been to Moab, Hell's Revenge is a must, would have priority over other choices.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those 3 trails on Tues with Bronco nation are all day trails. Not that it takes all day to run them, depends on the size of the group, but those are 3 different trail rides. All in different directions. Behind the Rocks is my least favorite trail in Moab, will never do it again. Gemini Bridges/Long Canyon is great, nearly all 2wd. If we don't come up with anything else, I'm very open to running with the Safari on Tues, and Chicken Corners would be a good one to do. My thinking is with 3 Bronco Nation runs that day the 10 am Hell's Revenge could be mostly Early Bronco. I'd rather do Hell's Revenge with this group, if possible. If you've never been to Moab, Hell's Revenge is a must, would have priority over other choices.
Why don't you like BTR? I tailgunned that trail for years at EJS - I love it. We also used to run Pritchett and BTR backwards from White Knuckle back to the pavement. I'm with you in that I wouldn't take my 6G on BTR or Pritchett, but in the right rig, those are my favorite trails in Moab (and Moab Rim, and Hells Revenge, and Rusty Nail, and... Who am I kidding - I love them all!).

I sure wish I was going...:(

Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone doing anything on Sunday?

Here are my Safari picks. Anyone doing these trails?

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 1682730858773

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why don't you like BTR? I tailgunned that trail for years at EJS - I love it. We also used to run Pritchett and BTR backwards from White Knuckle back to the pavement. I'm with you in that I wouldn't take my 6G on BTR or Pritchett, but in the right rig, those are my favorite trails in Moab (and Moab Rim, and Hells Revenge, and Rusty Nail, and... Who am I kidding - I love them all!).

I sure wish I was going...:(
I don't like Behind the Rocks because it's bumpy and dusty and lacks the scenery of most of the other trails. Much of the trail is just dirt, and unlike some of the other mostly dirt trails it has little scenery, compared to others. It has some fun drops and climbs. So, really it's just a preference relative to what else is available to run. Much rather run Moab Rim, or Hell's Revenge, or Rusty Nail, or.... :giggle:

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone doing anything on Sunday?

Here are my Safari picks. Anyone doing these trails?

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 1682730858773

Yeah, we're running on Sunday. We leave Tues afternoon, so also running Mon and Tues.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't like Behind the Rocks because it's bumpy and dusty and lacks the scenery of most of the other trails. Much of the trail is just dirt, and unlike some of the other mostly dirt trails it has little scenery, compared to others. It has some fun drops and climbs. So, really it's just a preference relative to what else is available to run. Much rather run Moab Rim, or Hell's Revenge, or Rusty Nail, or.... :giggle:
OK, I agree on the point that it's bumpy and dusty between obstacles - especially at the end of a long day and you just want to get off the trail. I still love it though. :)

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just had a fine welcome to Utah.
Coming through Port of entry at the Az border. I was fiddling with something & when I looked up my lane had all kinds of trash and debris & of course, I was blocked in. Passenger front wheel nailed what looked to be 9”+ chunk of concrete @ 70. Moments later the dash goes nuts with abs, traction control 4x4 lights parking sensors. . Stopped at a gas station & pulled out the Tomahawk to clear codes, they all popped backup. Drove for a while and everything cleared thankfully. Must of KO’d the wheel sensor.
Bad news is my cv spit some grease. Still appears connected, but I’ve got to keep an eye on it. May need to find a shop
when I get to Moab if it continues to spit grease.
Any suggestions as I know there are many.
Going to hit the Walmart down the street tomorrow and get some degreaser and keep an eye on it. Fingers crossed.
oh yeah, there were also a billion bugs I cleared out for you all.
Travel safe!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I just had a fine welcome to Utah.
Coming through Port of entry at the Az border. I was fiddling with something & when I looked up my lane had all kinds of trash and debris & of course, I was blocked in. Passenger front wheel nailed what looked to be 9”+ chunk of concrete @ 70. Moments later the dash goes nuts with abs, traction control 4x4 lights parking sensors. . Stopped at a gas station & pulled out the Tomahawk to clear codes, they all popped backup. Drove for a while and everything cleared thankfully. Must of KO’d the wheel sensor.
Bad news is my cv spit some grease. Still appears connected, but I’ve got to keep an eye on it. May need to find a shop
when I get to Moab if it continues to spit grease.
Any suggestions as I know there are many.
Going to hit the Walmart down the street tomorrow and get some degreaser and keep an eye on it. Fingers crossed.
oh yeah, there were also a billion bugs I cleared out for you all.
Travel safe!
let us know what you need....theres a chance a 930 CV sized boot will work in a pinch....Also landcrusier/ lexus LX450 has very similar sized CVs as bronco IIRC.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

let us know what you need....theres a chance a 930 CV sized boot will work in a pinch....Also landcrusier/ lexus LX450 has very similar sized CVs as bronco IIRC.
Thanks guys.
They are RCV’s
Boot looks okay. And still attached, I’ll get it cleaned up today and monitor it.
Thanks again!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.