Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m going to Moab in a couple of weeks and have a few questions for people with Moab experience. I would like to go to Hell revenge and watch people attempt some of the obstacles. Is it possible to use the bypasses to get to these areas without damaging your vehicle? I do not have sliders or full skid plates yet. Do you have any suggestions of which trails to prioritize? Any other suggestions of things to not miss wheeling or just in the area? Thank you for your response.
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can bypass most, if not all, of the harder obstacles on HR. The ones with the most notoriety are all optional obstacles, so definitely there are bypasses for those. I would put Hell's Revenge at the top of the priority list because it's not an overly difficult trail and it will be a good introduction to the slickrock trails in Moab . As far as other trails, you really should take a look at the Red Rock 4Wheelers website to get an idea of trail difficulty and pick some that are in your comfort zone. Will you be doing trails solo, or with others?

https://rr4w.com/

Regarding other things to do, Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP are must see especially if you're not gong to make to Moab again - or very often. I always enjoy Dead Horse Point and the easy hike there as well.

ETA: Take a look at Top of the World trail and see if you are comfortable with the difficulty - epic scenary.

ETA2: I also recommend Moab Rim. There are some challenging obstacles, but they're not overly extreme. Also, once you get to the top there is a short hike to some cool petroglyphs. However, you probably don't want to do this one solo...

Last edited:

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Great question. Im also heading to Moab in a few weeks with my Everglades and son's Badlands. thanks for the advice!

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Schaffer Trail and the Potash road is beautiful. If you can score a White Rim trail pass (only 50/day) you can detour a bit to Muscleman Arch and have a great Afternoon. Finns and Things shouldn't be too bad either and is tons of fun.

Sponsored

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can do a lot of Hells Revenge without skids if you’re careful but if you’re in a 4 door I'd want a good spotter. There’s a little stair-step obstacle where you climb and turn left pretty early in the trail, If you get past it I think you’ll be fine the rest of the trail. You can go back out the way you go in if that obstacle shuts you down. Try Fins and Things (just past Hells) it’s a good warm up trail

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Schaffer Trail and the Potash road is beautiful. If you can score a White Rim trail pass (only 50/day) you can detour a bit to Muscleman Arch and have a great Afternoon. Finns and Things shouldn't be too bad either and is tons of fun.
I agree with this the views on Schaffer are spectacular as you climb the canyon BUT if you or your passengers are afraid of heights this may not be for you. This one scared the Bejeezus out of my wife 😂

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can do a lot of Hells Revenge without skids if you’re careful but if you’re in a 4 door I'd want a good spotter. There’s a little stair-step obstacle where you climb and turn left pretty early in the trail, If you get past it I think you’ll be fine the rest of the trail. You can go back out the way you go in if that obstacle shuts you down. Try Fins and Things (just past Hells) it’s a good warm up trail
Yes, since this is the OPs first trip to Moab, the first obstacle to even start the trail is unnerving. It looks intimidating, but it is not a big deal. You find out real quick how much traction slickrock has. Also, as Alan posted, the exit of the trail is pretty rough and you will hit the undercarriage, so leaving the trail the same way as you went in might be a good option.

Fins and Things is milder and another good introductory trail.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Goblin Valley SP is pretty neat to see. Not too far from Moab.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A great suggestion! White Rim is awesome, but long...highly recommend it if you can get a pass.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goblin Valley SP is pretty neat to see. Not too far from Moab.
And you could wake up to this view...it's not too far from Moab, near Goblin Valley.
Ford Bronco Moab noobie question Badlands

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell's Revenge isnt bad. Plenty of bypasses for optional obstacles. The thing I had trouble with is visibility over the hood when cresting a hill. No front camera for me. Great views too. River lookout, dino prints.

Maybe start with some easier trails to get some experience first. Seven Mile Rim is great. Dead Mans Point. Fins N Things has lots of ups and downs.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

However long you’ll be there, double it. So much to do. Definitely get that guide to Moab book. Figure out difficulty level you are comfortable with and then choose from the top picks. The last day I was there we did Hurrah pass. Really easy but very beautiful. Top of the World was the most challenging thing I did out there. Took longer than expected and needed a spot a few times. Rushed it a little coming down and took some bumps. Probably most importantly, bring lots of extra water and some protein bars just in case something unexpected goes wrong. I went in July and saw very few people on some of the trails.
Ford Bronco Moab noobie question RemoteMediaFile_6553615_0_2022_07_02_09_37_10

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Schaffer Trail and the Potash road is beautiful
If I’m remembering right these come down from Canyonlands, right? I thought that was so cool. Spending the day on top in the park with a lot of people looking at the views downwards, then getting a chance to be alone and getting the complete opposite view looking back up at it all
Ford Bronco Moab noobie question DJI_20220630_162149_660_pano

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the Moab off roadeo a few weeks back. We rented a Jeep while out there from Turo. Rodrigo (the owner) had recommended Potash Rd to Shaffer Switchbacks up to Canyonlands NP. We couldn't be happier! It was beautiful, stressful, and worth every second. It's not an obstacle-rich route, but the narrowness of the trail and dropoff provide plenty of pucker factor. I needed several beers to relax and fully enjoy the experience. I drove and my buddy cried. LOL!

jpxnad+2S4GuWhW3P%bbmA.jpg

CNiJE%2pSNq9uP0hCilQYw.jpg

vjyKz8nnTqabaMV4D6kprg.jpg
Sponsored