Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GS Corvette, 2023 Heritage Limited Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Greetings everyone!

Need some advice. Got a Bronco a couple of weeks ago but it has the capable bumper. I really like the modular bumper and called the local dealership to order. Spoke to parts person who really didn’t know how or what to order as the website from Ford seems to piecemeal the bumper.

Has anyone ordered the modular after the fact? If so, what should I order? My Bronco has the lux package.

For those w/ the modular bumper, did you all ditch it and get something else? If so, completely satisfied w/ the aftermarket bumper? What did you go with? ADD, ARB?

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From cost perspective best to by a modular bumper that someone removed. That's what I did and it worked out well

OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Roger. Been on the lookout. Other than the actual bumper, is there anything else that I would need? Didn't know if sensors or cruise control would need something extra. Bolts etc? Thanks!

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought one of the eBay Chinese mod bumpers, swapped out my capable. Actually the hardest part was swapping out the sensors and wiring harness, other than that it was pretty easy, bolted right up. It came with bolts but I used the bolts on the old bumper for mounting. If you search YouTube you will find several howto videos.

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper Advice B715A4A9-69AE-4F81-B194-5706B13FDA16_1_105_c

Gringo Starr

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought one of the eBay Chinese mod bumpers, swapped out my capable. Actually the hardest part was swapping out the sensors and wiring harness
Was the wiring part actually hard, and if so what was the issue?

Sponsored
OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought one of the eBay Chinese mod bumpers, swapped out my capable. Actually the hardest part was swapping out the sensors and wiring harness, other than that it was pretty easy, bolted right up. It came with bolts but I used the bolts on the old bumper for mounting. If you search YouTube you will find several howto videos.

B715A4A9-69AE-4F81-B194-5706B13FDA16_1_105_c.jpeg
Thanks! I watched the Evil Truck video one yesterday. You purchased a separate wiring harness?

Bronto.41

Wildtrak
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper Advice B715A4A9-69AE-4F81-B194-5706B13FDA16_1_105_c
Do u have the link by chance? Can’t locate on ebay. Thanks, Clay

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the one I bought. Once you browse to one, you'll get all the other sellers that stock the same item. Bumper

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your used bumper came off a version without parking sensors you need to make holes for them. And they aren’t exactly round. Not easy.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greetings everyone!

Need some advice. Got a Bronco a couple of weeks ago but it has the capable bumper. I really like the modular bumper and called the local dealership to order. Spoke to parts person who really didn’t know how or what to order as the website from Ford seems to piecemeal the bumper.

Has anyone ordered the modular after the fact? If so, what should I order? My Bronco has the lux package.

For those w/ the modular bumper, did you all ditch it and get something else? If so, completely satisfied w/ the aftermarket bumper? What did you go with? ADD, ARB?

Thank you for your help!

This thread has all the part numbers needed..

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/oem-steel-bumper-part-numbers.53384/#post-1724263

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the link that @Az_Squatch_Bronco listed is helpful
The problem is there are plenty of variations of bumpers and vehicle setups so there are many paths to get where you want to. I have badlands that came with capable bumper so it had fogs on the parking aid wire harness. When I went to the modular I bought different parking sensors because the sensors I had did were straight, the new sensors turned 90 for the connector. To get my fog lights to work with the stock harness I had to rerun the harness so it was able to make connections but clear everything else on the inside of the bumper

You will have to do some research, but you can get there. There are a bunch of threads on this site detailing what others had to do

good luck

OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The problem is there are plenty of variations of bumpers and vehicle setups so there are many paths to get where you want to. I have badlands that came with capable bumper so it had fogs on the parking aid wire harness. When I went to the modular I bought different parking sensors because the sensors I had did were straight, the new sensors turned 90 for the connector. To get my fog lights to work with the stock harness I had to rerun the harness so it was able to make connections but clear everything else on the inside of the bumper

You will have to do some research, but you can get there. There are a bunch of threads on this site detailing what others had to do

good luck
Thank you! Seems such a PITA for this darn bumper. I have the lux/high package with all the bells and whistles. I contacted the local Ford parts dept and they didn’t know what was needed. Maybe one of their service people know. I will reach out and see. Been on all the forums and facebook looking for this elusive bumper. Seems most don’t have the sensor holes etc. I personally like the look of the bumper better than most of the aftermarket bumpers.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do u have the link by chance? Can’t locate on ebay. Thanks, Clay
I just checked, the vendor I bought from he is sold out. There are several vendors on eBay selling pretty much if not the same exact bumper. I think the Chinese vendors get the bumper from the same source. My bumper had a $900 buy it now price with free shipping, I made an offer of $650 and he took it, made the same offer to two others and they declined or made a higher counter-offer. Others that either bought or made offers aren't getting those lower offers accepted, maybe because I was one of the first to buy the bumper, I've been hearing in the $750-$850 range. Try different vendors and if you don't mind waiting see if you can get one to take a lower offer.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

good luck
I didn't have any issue with the the wiring harness or the sensors, the Chinese Mod comes with the plastic sleeves for the sensors so you just pop the sensors in, I remember seeing on one of the YT videos where a guy doing the swap with a factory Mod bumper had to make an adjustment by trimming two of the plastic sleeves from the Capable to get them to fit with the Mod. I also installed some fog lights at the same time, you can see them in my photo, I was able to use the connector on the factory bumper harness and of course the factory switch from the Capable installation. All in all I thought it was a pretty easy installation except for the part of having to dismantle half the bumper to install the wiring harness. I was afraid the bumper harness might not reach where it connects to the vehicle harness but not an issue, connected right up with some to spare. Make sure you put the sensors in the exact order you pulled them out of the Capable bumper.

Wethepeople

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Greetings everyone!

Thank you for your help!
There's a modular bumper on offer up around Murrieta CA
Sponsored