Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I changed out / sold my modular bumper. Didn’t really like the look. I went ADD, I like their stuff, and they’re somewhat local, and luckily enough, I bought during Black Friday weekend. It wasn’t cheap, but I really like the look.
IMG_1747.jpeg

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you Sir! Looks like it sold. Might have to go aftermarket.
If you aren't local and can't pick up the bumper it would cost a bloody fortune to ship it because of the weight, the Mod bumper is heavy. I was amazed when I pulled the Capable off, I could easily handle that by myself, the Mod, no way. One of the appeals of the Chinese Mod bumper was they are offering free shipping. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the Ford bumper but I wasn't going to sit and wait for one to become available within driving distance.

Find someone local that has a Mod bumper and try to convince them to replace it like Baja Bronco did :)

OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GS Corvette, 2023 Heritage Limited Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you aren't local and can't pick up the bumper it would cost a bloody fortune to ship it because of the weight, the Mod bumper is heavy. I was amazed when I pulled the Capable off, I could easily handle that by myself, the Mod, no way. One of the appeals of the Chinese Mod bumper was they are offering free shipping. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the Ford bumper but I wasn't going to sit and wait for one to become available within driving distance.

Find someone local that has a Mod bumper and try to convince them to replace it like Baja Bronco did :)
Yes sir! I was definitely thinking that on the Cali bumper. I am supposed to meet up on Thursday with some other Bronco owners. I will be asking them if they know of anyone getting rid of theirs.

Thanks!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't have any issue with the the wiring harness or the sensors, the Chinese Mod comes with the plastic sleeves for the sensors so you just pop the sensors in, I remember seeing on one of the YT videos where a guy doing the swap with a factory Mod bumper had to make an adjustment by trimming two of the plastic sleeves from the Capable to get them to fit with the Mod. I also installed some fog lights at the same time, you can see them in my photo, I was able to use the connector on the factory bumper harness and of course the factory switch from the Capable installation. All in all I thought it was a pretty easy installation except for the part of having to dismantle half the bumper to install the wiring harness. I was afraid the bumper harness might not reach where it connects to the vehicle harness but not an issue, connected right up with some to spare. Make sure you put the sensors in the exact order you pulled them out of the Capable bumper.
here is another thread with more info @origiNOLE
see my post#2 for details and pics on the sensor issue. It's nothing to do with the rings that hold the sensor in the bumper
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/plastic-to-modular-bumper-what-it-takes-to-install.64815/

Sponsored
OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GS Corvette, 2023 Heritage Limited Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

here is another thread with more info @origiNOLE
see my post#2 for details and pics on the sensor issue. It's nothing to do with the rings that hold the sensor in the bumper
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/plastic-to-modular-bumper-what-it-takes-to-install.64815/
Thank you! If I find a modular with the sensor holes, I think I will enlist a buddy to help out. He was an automotive engineer and is definitely a tinkerer. I am not so handy and get frustrated when things don't go as planned. This one seems a little complicated. Wish they would standardize these things for easier swaps.
Thanks again!!

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, that is a fantastic price and with free shipping. The seller even has decent feedback.
Yeah I really have been thinking of going this route after seeing your posts
Sponsored