First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Fellow Wildtrak owners and those still waiting, like me. I have upgraded my WT order to the HOSS 3.0 option. (not sure why one would not except for cost)
I have also added the MOD front bumper vs the Capable bumper. I like the look of the Modular bumper and the fact that it sticks out a bit more looks nice too. I like the factory fog lights, wiring and probable switch for it that comes from the factory.

My question here for those that have added after market fog lights is this. Considering you have the added AUX switches from the factory, is there wiring already in place to the front of the vehicle that makes for an easy "plug and play" or are did you need to run wires through the firewall to the switches? If the addition of fog lights is fairly straight forward I will probably keep the Modular bumper vs change my order to the Capable one. If it's running wires, my thought is to switch to the Capable bumper.

Also, when an Aux switch is now needed to run the lights, will they stay on when you turn on your high beams unlike I assume the factory ones do not. My 2008 Expedition's factory fog lights turn off automatically when the high beams are turned on. I believe I saw a video where you can override the CPU to change the Bronco to run in "bambi" mode, which I am not asking about here.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford's page describing the how-to
Bronco Nation's how-to

Bronco Nation's has a good video. In the owner's manual I believe there is a description of which are accessory powered and which are hot all the time; bottom of page 455 2022 manual; 459 in the *.pdf.

Hope that helps Bill. Any other questions just message me; or reply here I guess :)

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford's page describing the how-to
Bronco Nation's how-to

Bronco Nation's has a good video. In the owner's manual I believe there is a description of which are accessory powered and which are hot all the time; bottom of page 455 2022 manual; 459 in the *.pdf.

Hope that helps Bill. Any other questions just message me; or reply here I guess :)
Thank you Robert.............I'm pretty handy, can turn a wrench and do some wiring, I'm just trying to see how involved this mod is.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly, mine is slotted to be built on the 24th, and I would assume it goes to Ice Mountain from there so I don't have one physically in front of me. I MIGHT be able to pull a wiring schematic for you from Ford, to see if there is a harness already wired and not used that you might be able to steal... the best I can do is try tp pull pics for you following the inside of the fender and the schematics. You tell me what you NEED, and I'll do what I can dude... just sucks not having mine yet or I'd be WAAAAAAY more helpful.

OP
OP

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sadly, mine is slotted to be built on the 24th, and I would assume it goes to Ice Mountain from there so I don't have one physically in front of me. I MIGHT be able to pull a wiring schematic for you from Ford, to see if there is a harness already wired and not used that you might be able to steal... the best I can do is try tp pull pics for you following the inside of the fender and the schematics. You tell me what you NEED, and I'll do what I can dude... just sucks not having mine yet or I'd be WAAAAAAY more helpful.
Looking at the schematic you sent and watching the video of the aux switches, it looks like the wiring is already to where it is needed. Once I get mine, maybe by Fall of 2022, ( I ordered on 10/13/21) I will look more into the details of this modification. Doing these things are fun and I am looking forward to doing it, just need that Bronco to show up and the line is LOOONG.

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LMFAO so you don't have your either? it's like 90% of everyone on here is still waiting for theirs, yet everyone's looking for parts and stuff!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might find this helpful as well...

Aux switch guide.jpg

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is why I love forums where everybody pitches in to get the most information possible out there; I just have way more access than the average Joe

...and now you can too

Repairlink parts access

Also, Bill did you get my PM?

Last edited:

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Fellow Wildtrak owners and those still waiting, like me. I have upgraded my WT order to the HOSS 3.0 option. (not sure why one would not except for cost)
I have also added the MOD front bumper vs the Capable bumper. I like the look of the Modular bumper and the fact that it sticks out a bit more looks nice too. I like the factory fog lights, wiring and probable switch for it that comes from the factory.

My question here for those that have added after market fog lights is this. Considering you have the added AUX switches from the factory, is there wiring already in place to the front of the vehicle that makes for an easy "plug and play" or are did you need to run wires through the firewall to the switches? If the addition of fog lights is fairly straight forward I will probably keep the Modular bumper vs change my order to the Capable one. If it's running wires, my thought is to switch to the Capable bumper.

Also, when an Aux switch is now needed to run the lights, will they stay on when you turn on your high beams unlike I assume the factory ones do not. My 2008 Expedition's factory fog lights turn off automatically when the high beams are turned on. I believe I saw a video where you can override the CPU to change the Bronco to run in "bambi" mode, which I am not asking about here.

Thank you in advance.
Funny, I was just looking at that today, have the same ordered, Wildtrac with HOSS and the modular bumper. I was searching for the best fog light for the front. I'll be following. Also ordered on the same date.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you in advance.
Just get an SAE compliant A-Pillar fog light kit Easy and done. I use Morimoto's on my vehicles I know Rigid sells them as well

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model