First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC yukon denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m thinking about editing my base order to add the sas package (I believe in the long run it’s the best deal). But I still have a budget. So far for my add ons I have the aux switches and modular bumper. Do I really need to add the steel bumper though? Or can I save money on that too. Good luck to you all on y’all’s orders!
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends what you’re going to use your Bronco for I suppose. You can always get an aftermarket HD bumper; there will be plenty I’m sure in the aftermarket world.

I opted for it as I liked the look and functionality of it; I plan to add some lights to it.

And frankly, it just looks badass (IMO).

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m thinking about editing my base order to add the sas package (I believe in the long run it’s the best deal). But I still have a budget. So far for my add ons I have the aux switches and modular bumper. Do I really need to add the steel bumper though? Or can I save money on that too. Good luck to you all on y’all’s orders!
Also comes with the front bash plate. It’s spot on for my BaseSasquatch.

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Save money, get the Sas, wait for aftermarket. There will also be people on here who ordered a BL or BD and end up getting an aftermarket bumper and they'll be trying to sell the mod bumper.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
aftermarket bumper will cost more. I have runs a alot of aftermarket bumper and they simply cost more. The modular bumper at $825 is CHEAP! And the modular bumper can be upgraded easily for a winch and the MOD bumper also incorporates parking sensors. NOT all aftermarket bumpers will allow for this.

Everyone says do aftermarket and they have no clue what is involved. under the oem bumper are flaps that direct air into the intercooler. Most after market bumper will require you to remove or cut into them.

The only reason I ran an aftermarket bumper on my 2019 as it was a custom bumper with unique light tabs for Baja design LP6 lights

Ford Bronco Modular front bumper ? 1628617915498

Most likely be able to get a bumper aftermarket should you desire one. I'd stay with the Base, SAS, switches personally.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

aftermarket bumper will cost more. I have runs a alot of aftermarket bumper and they simply cost more. ...

Everyone says do aftermarket and they have no clue what is involved. under the oem bumper are flaps that direct air into the intercooler. Most after market bumper will require you to remove or cut into them.
Depends on what the use case is I suppose. My personal experience is a bit dated but the aftermarket bumpers, simple ones admittedly, were inexpensive. Yes, expensive ones with doodads for many different option could be had. Once some period of time exists for these machines to be produced then there will be numerous "more frugal" options.

"Everyone...have no clue"? ;)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
AFTERMARKET BUMPERS ARE NOT CHEAP. perhaps 40 years ago but not now.

Also, running an aftermarket may require you relocate sensors. For example, relocating the ACC sensor. See in the above pic on my Raptor, where I had to relocate the ACC sensor from the oem bumper to above the "R" and "D". The bracket alone to relocate the ACC was $150. The bumper above was $1700. and it is a bitch to relocate the sensor as it may not work afterwards.

Need more proof?

Here are 2 aftermarket bumpers for the Ranger (lights not included). $1295 and $1364

Ford Bronco Modular front bumper ? 1628618990225

Ford Bronco Modular front bumper ? 1628619069478

Depends on what the use case is I suppose. My personal experience is a bit dated but the aftermarket bumpers, simple ones admittedly, were inexpensive. Yes, expensive ones with doodads for many different option could be had. Once some period of time exists for these machines to be produced then there will be numerous "more frugal" options.

"Everyone...have no clue"? ;)

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got the mod bumper on my base (picking up today!)

Things to consider:

1) Are you ever going to add a winch? The adaptation to winch the mod bumper seems iffy to me. I will be looking into a custom winch mount deeper into the frame with the fairlead running out of the spot in the middle of the mod bumper. But that might be just a dream/might be implausible!

Point: aftermarket (with good winch provisions)

2) Weight (and weight distribution). This weight is cantilevered at the furthest point forward of your front axle, which is already dogged with carrying ~most of the engine. Aftermarket bumpers are typically MUCH heavier than any factory option. The mod bumper looks to be made with alot of stamped/hydroformed steel- this makes it 'less tough' to some extent, but also means it is worlds lighter than most of the aftermarket welded-plate steel offerings.

Point (weight): mod bumper
Point (toughness, subjective/untested!): aftermarket

3) Cost. Remember the mod bumper adds or improves a number of underbody bash plates. For 825 this makes it a good value. Getting the same underbody coverage AND an aftermarket bumper will be easily 2x that price and probably 3x with anything but the cheapest aftermarket bumper out there (or not yet out there in the aftermarket...)

Point: mod bumper

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will be plenty of take off Squatch parts soon enough. You'll be able to get bumpers and wheels all day long. Probably shocks too. All depends on how soon you want them.

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do yourself a big favor and get the HD modular bumper as part of your build. It's an incredible value for the price and looks amazing. Lots of things you can do to customize it too. It would cost you roughly twice the price to get a similar aftermarket bumper and I'm not so convinced you'll be able to so easily find someone selling their HD modular bumper later on, like people are suggesting. That's the dilemma I'm facing right now. Have only found 1 person selling their gently used bumper and wanted 1,000 dollars for it. Ford likely won't have any available to buy loose anytime sooneither and if they do, they too will charge you way more than the cost at build. Trust me on this, your never going to get as good a bumper for the price as an aftermarket without paying at least twice what the HD modular bumper cost at build.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same delimma. Here are some factors I am considering:

If you want fogs, the standard capable bumper comes with the lamps and the switch installed.

If you go with the modular, you can add the Ford switch for less than $100 and add your own fog lamps. I am personally not a fan of the available positions for fog lights on the modular. But, if I can eventually find a good 3" to 3.5" fog lamp that can fit inside the cutouts (not behind them), I will be happy.

Since the capable is standard, I'm wondering if the modular would be easier to sell if "trading up" for a different bumper is the eventual plan.

EDIT: shoot. My comparison is for a Badlands. I am not aware of your base bumper options. Perhaps the fog discussion could help in other ways though.

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a Badlands Sasquatch do you lose any steel bash plates on the Capable vs the Modular? I have searched the forum and can’t find a concrete answer. Currently have the Capable on order because of the fogs. Change my mind?

I am in the same delimma. Here are some factors I am considering:

If you want fogs, the standard capable bumper comes with the lamps and the switch installed.

If you go with the modular, you can add the Ford switch for less than $100 and add your own fog lamps. I am personally not a fan of the available positions for fog lights on the modular. But, if I can eventually find a good 3" to 3.5" fog lamp that can fit inside the cutouts (not behind them), I will be happy.

Since the capable is standard, I'm wondering if the modular would be easier to sell if "trading up" for a different bumper is the eventual plan.

EDIT: shoot. My comparison is for a Badlands. I am not aware of your base bumper options. Perhaps the fog discussion could help in other ways though.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a Badlands Sasquatch do you lose any steel bash plates on the Capable vs the Modular? I have searched the forum and can’t find a concrete answer. Currently have the Capable on order because of the fogs. Change my mind?
I hear people say you need the modular for bash plates, but I haven't seen this in black and white yet. I have to believe the capable bumper is compatible with plates as it is the 2022 standard bumper on BL, and BL comes with full body bash plates.

In the order guide, the deletion mentioned is fog lights when you change bumpers.
Sponsored