Modular Hard Top question

TwoTone

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Those 2 windows would provide a lot of ventilation and removable in less than 2 minutes as opposed to taking the roof completely off in perhaps 20 minutes. Then, what do you do if it rains? You won't have the top with you, but the windows would be stored in the vehicle.
It's like the pop open rear windows on Suburbans and Expeditions. It's an area Ford screwed up on my Flex. I wish the Flex had opening rear windows to help with air flow.

Advertisement

TXRancher

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Clubs

My dogs will love the pop-out windows and I will feel better about them in the back in that configuration.

Lowcountry Bronco

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger and 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Clubs

I posted this before but would have been so much easier for Ford just to have done side sliding windows! Nothing to lose or break, just reach back or passenger could open themselves vice stopping, removing, stowing and then back to the drive. Maybe the aftermarket will provide that alternative later if the need is there.

If this is the only selling point for the modular then I'll stick with the standard hardtop and use that money for the Sunrider top.

c3f4c2ccb0463f15ca9fc9ee6453634e.jpg

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
It's like the pop open rear windows on Suburbans and Expeditions. It's an area Ford screwed up on my Flex. I wish the Flex had opening rear windows to help with air flow.
Yes, I had a 16 Expedition Platinum and opening those rear windows allowed it to cool down in a few minutes.

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Clubs

On a 2 door I see the value in the modular pop-out windows.

I’m planning on a 4 door - so I’d just roll the 4 windows down...only reason to upgrade to modular is the painted hardtop.

RedHotLava

Black Diamond
First Name
Red
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
yes this.
i would love to see a modular with the rear windows out.
Is there any indication that the rear windows on either top, would be like the old school vehicles where you could at least crack them, or is it just "on" or "off"?

RedHotLava

Black Diamond
First Name
Red
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
They've shown the windows being removed several times. Only in or out.
Right, but is that only on the modular top or is that also on the MIC top?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement