Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm only interested in rolling bikini style (i.e. Rear windows removed). Doesn't look like that is happening for the 2 door. Gunner hatch only? No thanks, I'll save my money.
Removable windows on the 2-door are kinda up in the air at this point. We've heard different things from different people. ?
Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2-door breakdown:

MIC: Two removable pieces per the front seats (Driver and passenger) and the rear clamshell.

Modular: Exact same as the MIC, with an additional "gunner hatch" porthole thing over the rear two seats. Initially it was said that it also included rear removable windows... but a ford rep since said that wasn't the case. I don't believe we have had it officially confirmed either way. (B&P Where are you?!!)

Construction differences between the two are the same with the 4-door. My understanding is that each piece of the MIC is essentially a single molded unit. The modular top pieces on the other hand are comprised of components that are "assembled" to one another, resulting in a heavier unit.
Thank you Sir. You are a good dude. Mr. Danger. :cool:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
removing the glass first will certainly reduce the weight... but, the modular with the glass removed may not be lighter than the MIC top together... and either way, a Ford rep yesterday said that no matter what, it should be a 2-person job.

(Speaking from Jeep experience, even if you were capable of lifting it by yourself, navigating it off the vehicle with the roll bar and around the gate/spare... you'd want a second person anyway.)
You'd also need to contend with the back glass. That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MIC and Modular both use the same manufacturing process and materials with the exception of the outer shell. On the MIC a thinner thermoplastic sheet is used, while on the Modular it's a thicker SMC sheet.
Ah, interesting. So is the interior of the MIC not carbonized gray? Does it look like that weave we've seen?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC and Modular both use the same manufacturing process and materials with the exception of the outer shell. On the MIC a thinner thermoplastic sheet is used, while on the Modular it's a thicker SMC sheet.
Thank you for the info!

If the color Ford picks doesn’t come out to our liking, is there an effective way to paint the MIC top? Either some type of paint that adheres to plastic or maybe applying bedliner?

Sponsored

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May have reversed my decision last night about the 2 door Modular top. Previously I stated it would be a no go if just a Gunner position (sunroof) over rear seats. I real want removable windows!!!! However, thinking back on my previous 2 door wrangler it may yet have a purpose. One thing I REALLY didn't' like about the jeep was top on wind buffeting w/ windows down. Maybe removing the Gunner panel solves this problem?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So rumor has it now the two door will have the option of the removable windows?!
Was I dreaming this or was it answered already?

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This top actually looks good. I assume this is modular, right?

Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top Bronco-MAP-preproduction-30

This would be the black painted? I like the shade. I assume it works with either?
Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top Bronco_4-D_Outer_Banks_Fishing_Guide_02

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This top actually looks good. I assume this is modular, right?

Bronco-MAP-preproduction-30.jpg

This would be the black painted? I like the shade. I assume it works with either?
Bronco_4-D_Outer_Banks_Fishing_Guide_02.jpg
Cyber Orange one is gray MIC. Rapid Red is black painted modular. The Sunrider should work with either.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cyber Orange one is gray MIC. Rapid Red is modular. The Sunrider should work with either.
Thank you. I am seeing these pictures with a lot of gray tops. I guess that is the whole angst that everyone is having. What is gray and what is black.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. I am seeing these pictures with a lot of gray tops. I guess that is the whole angst that everyone is having. What is gray and what is black.
Best way to tell is the modular top is glossy black paint on a smooth surface. The MIC is textured gray.